Suorin Air - The ultimate Stealth Vape?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Pippi, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Gabby

Gabby Member

Thanks Angela, I think.
    Actually I'm quite happy with what I've got, but given that my 2nd and 3rd PVs were nothing like what I needed or enjoyed, I became more critical of the market, the promotions, and yes, some of the claims here on VCA. OK, of my knowledge too. Because of the variation in vaping druthers here, many of the comments need to be qualified by context and that's tricky when you know bugger-all. So I became an advocate for the tight-draw-MTL-sometimes-stealthy-beginner.

Somewhere along the line I found that I'd caught PV-mania so now I'm hooked. (Thinks: Should that be mod-mania? Nah, I'm not using a mod.)

BTW, the worst thing a beginner can do is buy a complex box mod before they've vaped for a time. I know, coz I did it. Not only are they tricky to set up with options that you don't have a clue about, but the settings seem to change too easily as soon as you turn your back (prob due to finger trouble). Not only that but advice like 'start it at 10W and bump it by 2 until you like it' doesn't do much good either if you're not experienced, because you don't know what 'good' really is and the other settings are probably wrong. My approach is to start it at 10W and leave it there (because I can't change it on a simple PV).

Judith, Noe, Admin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I think that the fact that you are mostly still smoking has a lot to do with the type of vape gear you want. Over time, if you become more of a vaper than a smoker (but still dual using) that will probably change, because to get the same nic hit & satisfaction from vaping, as you do from smoking, requires more puffs or higher nic strength or more volume of vapor.
    Higher nic strength is harder on your throat, puffing more frequently leaves you with less time when your hands are free to do other things, so the easy solution for both of those issues is greater vapor volume (doesn't have to be clouds, just an increase).
    Of course you may just continue to vape the way you do now, while reducing your smoking but IME, having seen many years worth of new vapers transitioning, I find that unlikely.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of what you say makes sense & I think it has given most of us some valuable insight. The thing is the market is more geared towards smokers who want to switch to vaping completely, than it is towards dual users, which makes sense since that is the goal for most people that take up vaping or it becomes their goal, possibly on the way to quitting vaping, given enough time as well.
    I don't think it should mean people in your situation should be overlooked but manufacturers are going to invest time, cash & resources, on R&D where it is going to be most profitable.

3. Gabby

Gabby Member

Agreed, Noe, and I think much of their market comes from experienced vapers and those advised by experienced vapers, in person, in forums and in B&Ms. It'll be interesting to watch the market evolve over the next few years. Some manufacturers may feel that having a baseline MTL AIO will give them a market advantage in the future through brand loyalty.

Pippi likes this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

@Gabby - VV have the replacement coil thingys in stock they are $5

Gabby, Nico and Laughter and DogMan like this.