tank and coil query

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by mardy, Nov 11, 2018.

1. mardy

mardy New Member

hey all!
    i was going to post about my joyetech pro core and vaporesso NRG SE tanks leaking, when suddenly they have stopped doing so?
    after three, maybe 4 days they have quit leaking out the airflow and leaving a pool of liquid under the tank. do tanks have to wear in? it has got me stumped? i have changed nothing and still run 70/30 vg/pg.

also i have just burnt out my first coil (yuck!) and am unimpressed at only getting 7 days out of it. (joyetech proCA 0.4ohm) i’m aware of a couple things i have done incorrectly! i didn’t start at low watt and increase till i reach the recommended watt when i installed it, and i’m pretty sure i chain vaped too! hopefully i’ll get longer out of this one. think i’ll change to the vaporesso GT coils regardless! i think rebuildables might be a bit much for me sadly.
    might be up for a different tank anyway as it’s only a 2ml but really only takes a fraction over 1ml of juice. not convenient!

any tips or reasons for the tanks behaving this way would be appreciated!

cheers!

2. Flea

Flea Senior Member

Hi Mardy, I'm no expert but first off don't over fill your tanks.
    Leave space on top of the tanks for air so it can equalise.

Sweet juice flavours will ruin your coils quicker than no flavours.
    I'm not suggesting you vape unflavoured but my coils last me over three months, I do vape unflavoured.
    Try vaping with a little less flavour. After all you had no flavour in your cigarettes.

Good luck with it all.

3. mardy

mardy New Member

thanks flea.

i’m leaving a space at the top but maybe i wasn’t leaving a big enough one to start with lol! i did wonder if the seals/o rings needed time to swell and create a seal? but then i’m use to cars o rings :sillygrin:
    i unfortunately like the sweet stuff. vaping a citrus meringue pie atm. might try mixing with capella flavourings as they have no sweetener? think i’ll run a ceramic coil and see also. better taste for me as i don’t tend to taste much of anything anyway! if not i’ll have a go at unflavoured!

thanks for your reply!!

4. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I'm not saying go unflavoured, I believe you might after a few years anyway.
    The more sugar type flavours will ruin your coils quicker. Maybe just drop the volume of flavour a little.

I know nothing about ceramic coils ?

Again good luck.

mardy likes this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hi Mardy, there are tanks that are if not leak proof, then very leak resistant.
    These tanks have top airflow (and usually top fill). When a tank has air soming in from the top, it will never leak juice out the airholes when standing upright, if you lay it on its side or turn it upside down, then it may leak a little (depending on which tank you choose) but that is not normal use, as you probably know.
    If you're still having issues, maybe look around for a top airflow style tank that you think will suit you :)

mardy likes this.
  6. mardy

mardy New Member

thanks noe!

i don’t quite know where i went wrong but it’s pretty much stopped for now. i’m concerned about it as i don’t want it to leak into the mod via the 510 connection.

i’m definitely going to get a top airflow with a larger liquid capacity! no idea which one as yet!

thanks for answering! :)

Noe likes this.