1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Tasmania is going to be regulating personal vapourisers as tobacco products

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by vapetrail, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Katzmeow

Katzmeow New Member

Wow. Am looking forward to getting further updates on this.

Am curious as to whether any local GPs would write a prescription for nicotine.

Rayjay likes this.
  2. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@Katzmeow

One has to convince them that under the act it is legal to do so. Not many in Tassie could be bothered as they themselves cannot understand the new regulations and the DHHS is brow beating them with B.S. If I read the act correctly.

I had one GP that would write a script and now she too has backed down until she can understand what the heck is going on.
    Doctors as you can appreciate have far more greater things to do than try to interpret muddy guide lines and lets face it the current ones are as clear as mud.
    She said until she did, she would not put her head in a noose and I do not blame her. Courtney at Nicopharm has told me she is meeting with her lawyers today to get a ruling on this as well. Interesting times ahead indeed.

The amendments it seems no one understands not even the DHHS themselves. All they keep harping at is "The Law is the Law" How it is interpreted is a matter for lawyers and magistrates. I alas am neither. However I do possess a legal prescription and I will definitely be interested to see if they dare to challenge it. I have kept the hard copy of the extract of the act and put it in my wallet if I am challenged.

As I mentioned before and with your corrections in a PM which I read there are only two B&M stores in Tassie and the DHHS enforcement officers of whom currently there are only two, are more interested in their compliance and I personally do not think they give two hoots about individual vapers.

The Vaper, vapetrail and Katzmeow like this.
  3. vapetrail

vapetrail Member

I think we need to move forward and fight harder for vapers rights in Tasmania and not let funded organisations tell us what to do any more. We need a voice here to balance the decision making powers.

Rayjay and Noe like this.
  4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@vapetrail I agree having done so on my own for close to 5 years. To what funded organisations do you allude?
    Like @Noe has said once a law is in place it is very hard to have the same repealed. AFAIK you are the only Tasmanian B&M vendor on this forum. The other that used to be in Belreive told me a long time ago that forums and the NNA AU were a waste of time. Now the shit has hit the fan in Tassie you want a Tasmanian lobby group. Hate to say it Lyn....too little to late.

5. Annie

Annie Hellraiser

Smokers don't pay more for health insurance, but they do pay more for life insurance.

DogMan likes this.
  6. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Thank You @Annie was not sure on that one, have not been to St Lukes to find out.