1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me what you want in a portable vape pen case

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by Captain Obvious, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

LOL I was thinking when I asked " I bet Margy went for the Rose Gold" ;)
    I'm glad you did, I want to know how that color looks in the hand, sometimes pictures on the web don't accurately repressent a color & Rose Gold is one that is hard to capture properly in a photo.
    So Please let us know :)

This is something I hadn't tested & have just now.
    The AIO I held down the button for 15 seconds & it did not cut out, I released the button before finding out if it had a cut out feature with longer duration, because I think 15 secs is too long in any case.
    The Pockex stopped firing after 10 seconds.
    So IMO the Pockex is a safer device, even though the AIO has a child resistant closure & the Pockex does not, if you screw the top cap on very tightly on the Pockex, it is going to be nearly as difficult for a small child to open as the AIO is.
    Thanks for asking!

margyb likes this.
  2. Noe

You wouldn't need to have a charging cable connected while driving, the Pockex has a 1500mah battery, which will see it go through 5ml of juice before needing a recharge.
    So you'd be able to camp for the night & charge it while camped.

Another advantage the Pockex has over the Icare mini is in refilling.
    The Icares are messy to refill & do not like being overfilled even a little. The Pockex by comparison is much easier to refill, both the top cap & body can be held in one hand while refilling, without completely removing the top cap/atty, on the Icare you need to remove the atty stem, which will drip or put it down & leave a puddle of juice.
    With a 2ml juice capacity you don't need to refill as often either & if you over fill by a few drops it isn't as finicky about it.
    It's always recommended to only fill to the maximum line on both but if you go beyond that line with the Icare, even just a drop or two, you're going to have juice leaking out the top, with the Pockex I deliberately overfilled by 0.5ml & it did not leak at all.

Malestorm21 and Pippi like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I have to get to VV - Haven't been there since the Ballarat vape meet. I am thinking of getting one of them as a pressie for a friend - I like the rose gold too Margy :)
    Plus I will get to try it out ;)

Malestorm21 and margyb like this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I would save your money - I think these are one of the worst small size vapes currently on the market - I predict they wont stay around long or will end up being drastically reduced in price. If you do go ahead and buy one - I would suggest shopping around as most Aussie stores seem to have them for under $30 - which is a better deal than the website address you were given :)

Malestorm21 and Noe like this.
  5. Noe

Expert Tip:

Try it out while at VV & take enough $ to purchase 2, you'll want one for yourself ;)

Malestorm21 and Pippi like this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, I have been spending more than I can afford on vape gear lately - Had a few excellent second hand purchases - also spent another $50 on coils ( more stock piling)
    You know how fussy I am Noe, just because everyone else likes it - doesn't mean I will, But yes If I love it I will get one to have when I need something discreet. :winky:

Noe likes this.
  7. Jaz

Jaz Member

i intended for the Pockex only to get used while I was out. Planned to leave it in the car 24/7 but I'm using it at home. I dare say I'll buy another one in the New Year. I've spent way too much as well these last few months on coils, ejuice, batteries and atties. I need to stop buying but I need another Pockex lol

DogMan, Malestorm21, Noe and 2 others like this.
  8. Noe

LOL I know what you mean.
    I use big dual or tripple 18650 mods, with rebuildable atties, almost exclusively but the Pockex was just so good & so easy to carry that it is what I took out xmas shopping with me, I almost felt naked without a big mod to carry around LOL
    I had thought that I might give this one away to someone but I like it too much now, sorry @Pippi you were in mind when I was thinking that :(
    I just can't do without it now, it's my "stealth" vape mod (I have big hands that pretty much cover the entire mod, minus the top cap) I'd rather give away both the Icare & Mini & the AIO than give the Pockex away ;)

Pippi, margyb and Malestorm21 like this.
  9. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Its cool, if I like it - $30 is affordable - Ta for giving me a thought.

Malestorm21 likes this.
  10. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

sorry I went way off topic CO

DogMan and Pippi like this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, I think it was Malestorm that led the way off topic - all OK as the good captain seems to be absent from the ship anyway :)

Malestorm21 and Noe like this.
  12. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

Opps, I do apologize if I led anyone astray. :hide:

13. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I recieved 2 mini i care devices for Christmas and I like them.

Noe likes this.
  14. Noe

Each to their own :)
    I don't hate the Icares, I just think there are better performing light & portable devices available.
    The Fumytech Ezipe is another option for stealth vaping, which holds 2ml of juice & is actually shorter than the Icare, with a 1300mah internal battery.

Malestorm21 likes this.
  15. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

Thank you Pippi, got a gold one for $26.95 and am happy.

Maria likes this.
  16. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I have my 2 vape pens had for ages. Like I can charge back to back and can also add a variable voltage. Super easy to use and maintain. Just missing the glitz lol but the battery's are a rainbow color and very pretty.

Malestorm21 likes this.
  17. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Good color choice.

Malestorm21 likes this.