The Crispernator and how his name was born

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by crispernator, Dec 11, 2015.

1. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi all well I am 55 nearly 56 years of age and I have been smoking the stinkies since me and a mate stole two of his old mans fags and had a puff at the back of his shed when we were about 12 .I was a 30 a day smoker for nearly all my time but as we all know time has a habit of catching up with you and your wicked ways .

I have tried many times to get of the smokes from hypnotherapy to acupuncture and for me none worked ,I tried those magic tablets that screw with your head and after reading about suicdes I stopped taking them I figured smoking was better than taking my life if they affected me the wrong way and as it was my whole personality changed when I was taking them .

At a recent point about 12 months ago I was a sick as a dog I was coughing all the time could walk only a short distance before being out of breath, stairs were a nightmare ,I was thinking about trying to have another fruitless attempt at giving them away and had packets of patches from my last attempt in 2006 still sitting in my bathroom cupboard along with those disgusting lozengers in different milligrams they say help you I think it is all bunkem myself they just gave me cronic indigestion.

Anyway I saw a program or advert for an electric cigarette ,and I found out a coule of gusy were using them where I was working but undercover as you know what people are like "oh whats that stupid thing your puffing on " you know what I mean I'm sure ,I asked a couple of them where they got there e cigalikes form and went out and purchased one myself .

I found the cost of refill cartridges very taxing as I had to drive about 30km to get replacements and that is if the guys shop was open which was hit or miss so I started to refill them with e juice and this was ok but I was being slugged 18 dollars for hangsen liquid .After a while I got tired of refilling these things as some would be good and some were woefull so I did a bit more searching and came upon A.V.F and signed on .

The people there are very helpfull to newbies and pointed me in the right direction ,id been vaping for a while but still had a few ciggies as well which wasn't to good but at least I had cut down ,then I went to Thailand for a holiday for a month ,got to Singapore saw a carton of ciggis for 20.00 and yum yum I was like in a candy store cheap smokes yeahhhh. and that's when I fell of the wagon even though I had taken all my vaping gear with me by this time I had invested in eleaf I sticks and the like so I was doing ok .

What an idiot all the time I spent trying to wean myself of the smokes gone ,I was back to smoking a packet a day and because they were so cheap who cares ,around 2.50 a packet some a bit more , my girl was not happy at all and I was banished out of her room to the end of the balcony to have my stinkies and was always told about how I smell of smoke but she didn't make a big fuss about it but I know she wanted me to stop as her brother and father both died from smoking related cancer .

Anyway came home and was back to buying 3 packs of rollies a week and puffing my head off and then I started to weaze and cough and although I had the pain in my leg before going overseas but never saw anyone about it .When I go home one night from walking my dog I decided to go see the doc about this pain in the leg ,he sent me for blood tests and an ultrasound and discovered a 70% blockage in my left arterie .The first thing he said was you have to stop smoking or they will not operate on you and you will lose your leg in the end .

Well that was enough for me ,thankfully I had some juice from my trip somewhat old but it will do until I can get some fresh stuff ,so I broke out the eleaf and my nautiluss and away I went ,then I ran out of coils so was using old burnt ones until I could get some new ones .Now I am set up very well and today I received my new smok treebox what a lovely looking piece of kit and haven't had a stinkie since I saw the doc .I see people smoking and want to tell them to stop and tell them about my story but I don't as that wouldn't be right to do each has to follow there own path like I did .

Well that's about all for now but why do you call yourself the crispernator ? A long story short I am a fairly easy going person but one day an apprentice stuffed up a job and didn't give a stuff about what he had done wrong ,I served 12 years in the army and have what sometimes is called a sergeant majors voice somewhat loud and booming when I get upset .Anyway I snapped and the whole joinery stopped as they could not believe what was happening ,afterwards a mate walked up and said you are now known as the crispernator as it was crispy originally and it stuck for 4 years until I was made redundant

Sorry if its a bit longwinded but that is my story
    chris.

Fluffy, Stuart, rotten and 7 others like this.
  2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

It wasn't long winded at all. That is the beauty of vaping, relapses are easy to deal with. I had a similar experience with my lungs so I know how hard it can be to get up those stairs. Thanks for sharing.

Pippi, crispernator and margyb like this.
  3. Angela

Angela Admin

Great story crispernator. I assume the magic bullet you talk about was Champix. I got suicidal on that stuff too, and figured smoking was a safer risk. I'm really glad you made it through all that and found your way to vaping, and hopefully just in the nick of time, considering the health risks you are facing. I believe you will experience the same benefits from vaping as you would by giving up nicotine altogether. Cuz we all know it's not the nicotine that kills, it's the smoke.

I've been vaping for 3 years and have been through all kinds of gear but for now am happy with the mini nautilus. I use it on a fancy mod, but really it's the topper that matters.

Thanks for sharing with us. It's a pleasure to have you here. :)

Aqualung, Pippi, crispernator and 2 others like this.
  4. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

Great story crispy! Thanks for sharing!

crispernator and margyb like this.
  5. margyb

margyb Senior Member

I worked as a postop nurse on an acute surgical ward and I remember the patients who told me they were told to quit smoking otherwise the surgeon would not do the surgery ( bypass grafts) on their legs
    There was one vascular surgeon who point blank refused to operate on smokers - which I thought was pretty mean as I knew how hard it was to quit smoking
    If only vaping had been invented earlier :)

Stuart, DogMan, Judith and 3 others like this.
  6. crispernator

Hi all thats the stuff angela i couldnt remember the name but boy it messed with my head bad ,i just bought a mini naut have two normal ones (ones broke ) and i find it a nice tank thanks to you all for your comments .

Judith likes this.
  7. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

Nice story Crispy. I think most of us either had a big health scare or feel like we dodged a bullet. Well done.

crispernator likes this.
  8. Firekombi

Firekombi Senior Member Vendor

Thanks for sharing your story.

crispernator likes this.
  9. crispernator

your welcome

10. crispernator

Hi all well a bit more news on my predicament ,yesterday I received a letter from the local hospital that I am required to attend on the 18 of January for a "vascular angiography " now margy you might be able to give a bit more insight into this than I can but from what I can gather there going hunting for rusty pipes ,it says that I will need to bring an overnight bag in case I have to stay .Hmmmm I would say that is a forgon conclusion that I will be staying in as where there is one rusty pipe then there will be others ,I remember when I was sent to the heart ward when I had a gaul bladder problem and ended up doing heaps of tests ect, they thought I was having a heart attack with pains in my chest just below my sternum ,made me walk on some treadmill thingy until I was almost running and checking my stats unfortunately I failed dismally ,anyway thought I would just keep you informed on my progress of my problem .

11. Firekombi

Firekombi Senior Member Vendor

All the best wishes.

crispernator likes this.
  12. crispernator

Monday is the day 0700 hrs admissions area in overnight

13. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Best of luck crispernator, hope it goes well.

14. emu

emu Banned

Good luck crispernator

15. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Will be thinking of you Crispernator xx

16. margyb

margyb Senior Member

Hope all goes well crispernator :)

17. crispernator

Thanks all for your kind comments and the crispernator will vape another day ,all went well only a small op i suppose compared to others however a hidden problem was uncovered ,my doctor suspected i had very high blood suger levels from the test he had me do ,well they did a test yesterday to ctart with and it registered 17 on there metre then a few hours later anoth one at 19 .5 and this morning at 13 .Hmmm not good as my mother is a diabetic and her levels are 6 so back to the doc on wednesday as i had to see him anyway and he will start some form of medication i suppose ,oh and now i have to take a whole asprin a day not half oh well things can only get better .

emu, Judith and DogMan like this.
  18. emu

emu Banned

I hope you get it sorted mate, medicine has come a long way so you will be in good hands. Try to stay positive if you can and come play on the forum, it's a good help to lift the spirits in this family.

crispernator and DogMan like this.
  19. crispernator

Oh I'm ok just a bit of a shock that it was so high well get it fixed .

DogMan and emu like this.
  20. emu

emu Banned

I'm glad to hear that, you had me worried.