1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

The year tobacco control officially came to own e-cigarettes

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by Blog: Anti-THR Lies, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Blog: Anti-THR Lies

Blog: Anti-THR Lies RSS News Feed

by Carl V Phillips I have seen several year-end posts about the state of e-cigarettes, most from cheerleaders who naturally made optimistic predictions. Overly optimistic, I would say. Yes, it is possible that President Trump will lift FDA’s jackboots off … Continue reading →[​IMG]

Continue reading...

The Vaper likes this.
  2. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

I usually find myself reading Carl's blogs, feeling guilty that at least in parts of those he is criticising, I can identify myself (yes, I like to quote PH that agree with my POV). In other ways I can hold my head high (no, I still advocate for smokers to keep right on smoking if that is what they prefer, & deeply object to the demonisation of smokers).

Always challenging, always worth reading and carefully considering what he has to say. Whether or not you agree with his conclusions (or perceived criticisms of your approach to advocacy for e-cigs).

3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

He is one blogger I strongly agree with and strongly disagree with often. I disagree this time.

Whether we like it or not consumers are very weak players in this game. Without friends in tobacco control/public health in Australia I suspect that vaping would already have been dealt with harshly because tobacco control are the ones with the power (which society has somehow been duped into giving them) and our friends in public health have at the very least slowed down any knee jerk reaction to vaping. People like Marewa Glover in NZ are the only reason the government is considering legalising nicotine. Maybe in other parts of the world it is different but I doubt it.

The Vaper likes this.
  4. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

When I read challenges to the effect "Abolish TC!" I oft think "..yeah, get back to us once you get back from cloud cuckoo land - that battle was definitively lost, decades ago".

We have to fight on the battle field that is, not some imaginary 'perfect world' (as an anarchist sees it).
    I also have advocates like Marewa in mind when people criticise PH in general. I admire her goals, and her approach. Not just passionate about the health of the public, but also compassionate about individuals and holding a realistic & pragmatic view of the people she aims to serve.

Judith likes this.