Time to Decorate

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by Rayjay, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Welcome to Summer,
    Beutiful day here. 24 Days to Christmas so time to solarfy and electrify the house.
    The multi coloured snakes survived the journey to my new Northern latitudes and two 10 meter coils enough for front fence.

The rain guttering sparkles also survived and installed enough to do front and both sides.

Poor electric Santa now 4 years old looks the worst for wear Tassie has very high UV... off to the reject shop.... ah that's better for front door.

Got some lovely Chrissy bells but they not going up till Christmas eve when tree goes up.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Flea likes this.
  2. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I'll have to decorate my Toyota on the Nullabor,
    If all goes well next week.

Rayjay likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

What a Feeling Toyota! Mind you comfort wise on a long haul my preference goes to the Amarok, having driven Toyota PC's on campaigns find them somewhat more tiring.

My my, of in a week you say, don't envy you crossing the Nullarbor in summer.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

4. Flea

Flea Senior Member

Won't be leaving next week, but hope the house sale goes through the contract stage.
    Will probably leave the week before Christmas Day.

Nullarbor nights can get cold and I won't be driving at night,
    way too many animals of a night.

Rayjay likes this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Not much of a Christmas then, bugger travelling at that time period. Every man and his Emu on the road then.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Flea likes this.
  6. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I don't expect too many travelers close to Christmas Day ?

Off to the Surf Club, later.......

Rayjay likes this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Chrissy stuff all done now onto the garden beds. No rest for a weary Penguin[​IMG]

Flea likes this.
  8. emu

emu Senior Member

What'd ya do to the nice grass..?

9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Been dry and cut it very low last mow, as when it does rain you have to mow weekly. It will grow back
    @emu You should see the cricket ground across the road from me, it's even in a worse state, the fools seem to mow it every second day. Beats me as to why.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    emu likes this.
  10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Santa must have lost his sleigh, the jolly fellow comondeered our caravan Seat belts improvised. [​IMG]

Flea and emu like this.
  11. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Our Deputy Mayoress, and also the real estate agent Betty, that sold us this house has by far the best residential Chrissy decorations in the whole of the shire. Its like visiting the winter wonderland. I have not finished yet, once I sort out the solar lights that were giving me a problem. However I do not have neither the ability, energy, or inclination to compete with Betty. Bit far for me to drive to get photos of her place, but I might get motivated.

It was also very pleasant to see our small town CBD decorated with Christmas banners and tinsel type figurines on light poles. Unlike some major capital cities who are so paranoid about offending the non Christian minorities have ceased to do so. My recollections of my child hood, when my mother would take me into Sydney to see the gorgeous department store Christmas displays and the different rides they had on top of the old Mark Foy's building.

<singing...Those were the days My Friend....> Alas they did end. :mad::cloud: If any one does not like Aussie Christmas well without any due respect F.....Off back to where you came from:finger:

12. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I am certainly Glad I told Santa to fasten his seat belts (shoulder harness) Winds last night peaked at 60kph. Today NE 30-40 Kph (Dry Bush fire winds :hide:)

13. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

They all working[​IMG]

Flea likes this.
  14. emu

emu Senior Member

I got one of those laser lights that shoot different colors and patterns all over the house, bloody excellent ...!!!

No need to hang strings of lights all over the place just one light in the front garden lights up the whole house and even the trees around the house, it comes on at dark and goes for 6 hours then repeats the next night. Fully automatic and a spectacular show, not bad for 40 bucks. :)

Flea and Rayjay like this.
  15. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Yeah looked at them Caravan in the road and wasn't sure how safe it would be if we looked out the window. I have seen them in operation.

16. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I have the same @emu, bought a few years ago when they first came out.
    They saw me coming & charged me over $100.

I just have to careful when the Grand Kids are around.

Rayjay and emu like this.
  17. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@Flea and @emu One has to also be very careful with these if you have guests and or street parties as we do. Public liability can be horrendous. Very attractive displays I agree, but I think for peace of mind I will stick to more traditional and safer displays. I recall a few years back a teacher got into deep poo with a laser pointer when a kid jumped up unexpectedly. Yes flea its like anything, when something first comes out the price gougers are in for their cut. $40 here too @emu reject shop.

emu likes this.
  18. emu

emu Senior Member

Not much option for you with the caravan in the front yard, that must be a pain. Can you not get it in the back yard...?

Changed the pattern last night, geez they look great with thousands of points of light and so bright. Only 2 colors tho, red and green but the animated pattern moves all over the place and really puts on a good show :thumbup:

I agree they are not toys and need to be treated with caution, class 2 laser product so don't look into it. our front gate is locked at all times so no access and no kids come here except for halloween so all good.
    The result is well worth it and so easy to make the whole house light up with only one light is a great idea to get that xmas Spirit aroused.

19. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Nah the caravan won't fit in the back yard. We did originally have it in the driveway but in winter it was a Pita when we brought in firewood. So we put it on front lawn and got it on power as well. Makes a handy man cave as S has comondeered the whole double garage. Bits of wood everywhere enter at your own risk.

We have enough fun trying to get a 6x4 Trailer into the back yard. However, I don't mind, come mowing time doesn't take long.

emu likes this.
  20. Flea

Flea Senior Member

Just be careful RJ, when the seven day drumbeaters or hawkers come into your yard, with the 240 Volts.

Rayjay and emu like this.