Tragic day for S.A vapers

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by crispernator, Oct 1, 2019.

1. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Well hi all havent been around for a while but occasionally check in to see what is happening ,the death of vaping in south australia started today . The health minister has brought down some severe measures on sth aussie vape shops which wil inevetably send people underground and force many shops to close ,he has made it so that vape shops have to comply with the same legislation as tobacco where all merchandise must be covered ,no internet sales and a raft of other draconian measures so the big fat tobacco war chest doesn't get depleted any further
    He has diguised it as measured to stop young people ie under 18 taking up vaping and moving on to smoking ,well he may find himself in the gutter next election i know i for one will not vote for this draconian government with there heads up there rear ends .My local shop has had to put up curtains ect to comply with the new legistaion he said to me the other day that with the loss of internet sales he may not be able to sustain his shop and predicts at least a 40% drop in sales in shop due to this draconian attitude by the S.A health minister and his cronies another big player in S.A is vapoureyes starting froma small backyard operation to one of the biggest players in the game he may survive but i dont know how it is truly devastating news for vapers in south australia .

Casualvaper38 likes this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I thought vapoureyes had moved their base to Vic., while maintaining a presence in S.A., if so then they shouldn't be as affected.
    They would still be able to conduct internet sales from Vic. & even use a warehouse in S.A. to facilitate orders (if I understand this correctly), since the retail sales would be bound by Vic. laws not S.A. laws. A smart yet no doubt expensive business decision by them to move their main business offices to Vic, for sure.

I do agree this move by the S.A. Govt. is draconian but at least you can still have Vape stores there, in W.A. we can't even have them.

3. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

They have a store in s.a. and i think their manufacturing is in new zealand the damage this swill do to vape stores here will no doubt send most to the wall when a fair percentage of your sales are internet ,you cannot show your products ,vapours cannot taste flavours ,you cannot advertise any of your flavours or products they must all be covered ,there is no vaping in the shop premises it will hit hard but big pharma and the tobacco industry will be happy and i am sure the health minister here believes he is doing a fantastic job against those philthy vapors ,if they could tax it like ciggies we wouldnt even be having this problem it is all about money as with everything a government does

Casualvaper38 likes this.