1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

triton mini tank and clapton coils - crap!!!

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Jaz, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Jaz

Jaz Member

Yep I've gone back to using the normal bvc coils in the Nautilus mini and it's all good yet when I put same coil in the triton mini I got the same chemical taste that I got from the Clapton coil. Weird.

Pippi likes this.
  2. Jaz

Jaz Member

Lols my local b & m didn't have that in stock si I settled for SS

Pippi likes this.
  3. Jaz

Jaz Member

Which tank Maria? Triton or Vika?

4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

:kissing::h::*

Get a room you two! :cheeky:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jaz and DogMan like this.
  5. Jaz

Jaz Member

I've gone through 2 boxes but at least made them last for 10 days. I use 50/50 and leave mine for ages to prime. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. So many rave about the exceptional flavour on the claptons 1.8....yeah if you love the taste of burning fomaldehyde...delicious :sweating:

Pippi likes this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

PMSL!

Jaz likes this.
  7. Jaz

Jaz Member

Me too ... I forgot to say one box was the Kanthal. Seriously they're rubbish and the sad thing is I've still got some on the way from China

Pippi likes this.
  8. Jaz

Jaz Member

Oh Maria was that you who gave away the Pico for free to a good home? I would've bought that. What's your current vape set up?

Pippi likes this.
  9. Jaz

Jaz Member

Ok that makes sense. What's your fave MTL tank Noe?

10. Noe

It's not the coils, its the orings, I'm almost certain of it.
    Try taking the Triton mini apart, get a coffee mug & add a few drops of dishwashing liquid, then pour in some near boiling water, add all the tank bits minus the glass, wash the glass separate by dipping it into the mug & using your fingers to rub the inner glass.
    Rinse & place on paper towel, then put your hand over the top of the mug & shake it up for a bit, to swish the bits around & clean them, take them out one at a time & rinse, any orings you find, drip one drop of dish liquid on it & give it a good rub between finger & thumb, then rinse & place on the paper towel.
    When everything is resting on the paper, you can let it dry naturally or use another paper towel to dry it faster.

If after filling, you have the same taste coming through, then I don't know what it is but since you tried 2 different type of coil heads, it can't be those, which makes me believe it is the orings. When I get a new tank I always wash it similarly to the way I described above & since I was not getting that wierd flavor, I think that may be the key.
    I Have left the Titon Mini sitting filled with juice for over 2 months lol, it doesn't look like it leaks over time, which is good but I haven't really used it since getting it, so if there's any taste coming from the orings, I think it will be there now.
    I might try vaping it later, right now I'm testing other things.

11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Its tragic but I was sorting my vape box and found another two packets, one of Triton Kanthal mini and one of Triton Clapton mini coils and then another full box of bigger Triton Coils and I have no frigging idea which tank I bought those for - must of piffed the tank and forgot about the coils. :rolleyes:

iamTezr likes this.
  12. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

But the burnt coil taste Noe? both Jaz and I have had it - its not just a nasty chemical smell from a new unwashed tank :scratch:

Jaz likes this.
  13. Noe

MTL I really only like rebuildables, genesis style atties are the best MTL tanks.
    However genesis is only for seriously dedicated rebuilders, it's more art than vape science getting a genesis to wick & work properly LOL

I'm actually testing a new device at present, which could be both a MTL & DTL tank. Unfortunately, I don't have the higher ohm coil head to test on it but the airflow can be reduced to the point where it is impossible to DTL but still can be MTL vaped but with the coils I have to use on it, its too hot to use for MTL.
    However, I really like the way it vapes with a restricted lung inhale & this makes it very promising as a MTL/DTL/all-round tank, which would be great for vapers transitioning from MTL to DTL or for vapers that MTL & DTL depending on situation.

14. Noe

Well that sounds like too much wattage or not enough airflow.
    I mean if the Nautilus coils are fine in the Nautilus but not in the Triton Mini, then it can't be the coils.

I wonder if @Jaz Has a Nautilus coil that she's used in the Triton mini & got the strange taste on?
    If she has, then she could try it in the Nautilus & see if it has the same taste after being used in the Triton mini.
    That would give us more clues, one way or another depending on her results.

15. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Oh goodness.
    Its weird that vapeking advertise it as a sub ohm tank, with 1.2 and 1.8 ohm coils.
    If its crap, throw it away. Its $35. There's no need to justify or explain why you think its crap, other than fair warning to other potential purchasers.
    And even that doesn't need to be justified. Its just your opinion and explanation of why you binned it.

DogMan, Jaz, Noe and 1 other person like this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, I would have tossed it in the bin but Noe got it instead - I suspect Jaz is close to binning hers too :bolt:

Aqualung likes this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

But... also these discussions are really great to have .............

Aqualung likes this.
  18. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I am simple for 4 yrs have my reliable vape pen but am trying Triton II and recommended to use 50/50 see what happens. The vape pen is close to my heart. I just keep changing battery colors lol

Pippi likes this.
  19. Noe

The triton II is quite different to the Triton Mini, from what I have read, even uses different coils heads.
    I never listen to PG/VG ratio recommendations, at least from manufacturers, I just use my standard 70/30 or 60/40 PG/VG juices.

Maria and Pippi like this.
  20. Jaz

Jaz Member

Great advice Noe. I'll try this tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Worth a try otherwise I'll be giving away my coils as soon as they arrive

Noe and Pippi like this.