1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump or Hilary

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by Steve Thomas, Oct 3, 2016.

?

Trump or Hilary?

1. Trump

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Hilary

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Thanks so much for sharing this.
    It is the only thing I have seen that is in any way redemptive.
    The Brits and Americans have paid a hefty price to demand re-engagement in the political process, to demand real dialogue rather than name calling, and open discourse rather than the repression of uncomfortable issues by obscuring them behind the insidious protection of all the "isms"

Mr Pie's outstanding rant is the first cause I've seen for some optimism

Jennifer, Pippi, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I am not concerned about him becoming a huge problem because a lot of people voted for him for change and/or because they didn't like Clinton. He will almost certainly fail to give the electors what they want and if we are lucky then a strong candidate will come from a genuine left in 4 years (did I tell you I believe in rainbow unicorns). A lot of people probably thought that Clinton would win so didn't bother to vote but they won't take that chance next time. All I know is that change was necessary and Trump will either bring on a bloody revolution or he will do something useful (there are those rainbow unicorns again). If nothing else IMO he is the only one who has a chance of calming Russia down but that could bring on a Russian land grab. Who knows what will happen.

Stomp, RC. and Aqualung like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Yes I agree and its the only thing I have read or seen since Trumps Triumph that has made me stop and seriously think about my views towards Trump voters and supporters.
    Pie for president!

Judith likes this.
  4. Smasha

Smasha Senior Member

The other option is power could go to his head and people will follow slogans and the regitaring of a different culture....next step WW3.

Pippi likes this.
  5. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

I think we're safe Smasha, one of his own supporters will catch him in the crosshairs long before he does any real harm.

Pippi and Judith like this.
  6. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Yep, I've been thinking there is quite a high chance he'll be assassinated. I'm sure Clinton knows some people...

RC. likes this.
  7. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Its one thing to stir up the basket of deplorables to obtain their vote.
    A whole other thing to disappoint them afterwards.

This message transmitted using the the original electrons KayP recycles

Noe, Judith and Pippi like this.
  8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I really hope you are right Aqualung. When I think about it - Trump is just a figure head - he has little knowledge of politics or world affairs except for those directly affecting him and his companies. So one would presume America will be ruled by his advisers and we just have to hope they have a few more roos in the top paddock than him.

RC. and Judith like this.
  9. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Yeah I was thinking that too but I also thought a cray cray would kill Obama and that didnt happen - thank goodness.
    Ps, I dont think it would require Clinton intervention for Trump. He will need to step up and calm down the white supremacists in order to create some kind of order. it will be interesting to see if he does.

Judith and Jennifer like this.
  10. Angela

Angela ...

What gets American presidents assassinated is when they threaten the power of the ruling elite who hide anonymously behind their banks and corporations. Trump won't do that I don't think. I don't think anything much will change at the top. It's society that's breaking down, not the oligarchy.

DogMan, RC., Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Personally I have watched the news these last few days with a certain amount of trepidation but did enjoy the televised meeting in the Oval Office today.

Body language spoke volumes I thought.

Pippi likes this.
  12. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I actually believe Clinton is a psychopath, in the true evil sense. She orchestrated an $80 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia, knowingly arming Isis while she was secretary of state.

Assange says this about her;
    She represents a whole network of people and a network of relationships with particular states. The question is how does Hilary Clinton fit in this broader network? She’s a centralising cog. You’ve got a lot of different gears in operation from the big banks like Goldman Sachs and major elements of Wall Street, and Intelligence and people in the State Department and the Saudis.

She’s the centraliser that inter-connects all these different cogs. She’s the smooth central representation of all that, and ‘all that’ is more or less what is in power now in the United States.

To her it would be a mere trifle to move Trump out of the way. Of course, this could just be sour grapes on Assange's part....but I don't think so.

Judith, RC. and Angela like this.
  13. Angela

Angela ...

That doesn't surprise me in the least, that ISIS is funded by the U.S., like Al Qaeda. It serves western interests to have a "bogey man" in the middle east to scare people into believing that war is justified. Obama managed to make war seem positively decent. And Raytheon and Goldman Sachs et al make squillions of dollars from it all. I doubt if Trump will threaten the status quo. He's just a tiny little minnow in that world, but if he annoys enough of the wrong people, then yeah it wouldn't be any trouble to get rid of him.

She loves a bit of killing, Hilary.

Judith, RC. and Jennifer like this.
  14. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Every evil **** was instated by the USA and or brits.

I think hitler was put there to combat russians or something from ww1.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

RC. likes this.
  15. Angela

Angela ...

Prescott Bush, George dubbya's grandfather ran the Union Banking group that partially financed Hitler. The Bushes and the Clintons are good friends and they're all friends with the Saudis.

Judith, margyb, RC. and 3 others like this.
  16. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

Ive had a wine or six so gonna keep a lid on it but theres a lot of truth in Angela's post. Elaborate more tmw. We live in such a dirty fking world...honestly.

Judith, margyb, Pippi and 3 others like this.
  17. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I reckon he threatens her status quo! She's a ravenously ambitious person by all accounts.

Judith, RC., Angela and 1 other person like this.
  18. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I know it's a cliche, but cliches are generally true. We are all sitting around commentating on the modern version of the Fall of Rome, as it happens right before our eyes.

rupert, Angela and Pippi like this.
  19. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Cheer up. It's not over yet. Sometimes weird shit happens and good comes out of it. It could only have gotten worse under Clinton and Trump is a complete unknown at least. He is not closely allied with any of the most evil industries, as far as I know, so if nothing else he might force them to show their complete hands earlier than they were prepared to. They will probably get to him first though with incentives. One good thing is that he won't be an easy man to threaten I suspect. A senator's staffer once told me that the first thing that Neville Wran found on his desk when he became Premier of NSW was his file from ASIO with any dirt they could find in it.

Jennifer likes this.
  20. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Oh I'm quite cheery, I can't wait for Rome to fall. :) And I agree with all yours and Ange's posts here. I would rather have 10 Trumps (bonkers as is) than one Clinton. I can't abide her and every thing she stands for.

Bring it on! :sillygrin:

Judith, Angela and RC. like this.