Trump or Hilary

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by Steve Thomas, Oct 3, 2016.

?

Trump or Hilary?

1. Trump

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Hilary

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

The last thing I want is the complete collapse of the USA. The vacuum that would create could bring a truly catastrophic regime to power in the world. Russia or China anyone?

2. Angela

Angela Admin

Yes I'm quite cheery too, in a macabre kind of way. We can only ever read about the Romans but we'll get to see the fall of America on our wide screen TV's and eat popcorn while it's happening, until it reaches us of course - but hey, I'd rather die wide awake in a dramatic scene of history than lying on my back in a nursing home bored out of my mind.

Stomp, Judith and Jennifer like this.
  3. Angela

Angela Admin

The collapse of America will effectively be a global collapse I reckon, and all the dominos will fall. No power waiting in the wings is likely to be able to deal with the economic fall out. A dark age lasting several hundred years is more likely, or extinction, given the likelihood of a nuclear holocaust. I'm cool with that, cuz the world's just a stage, and it's a great story that we're a part of, and it's all an illusion anyway. This whole shabang.

Nihilism anyone?

:cancan:

RC. and Jennifer like this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Of course you could be disappointed and sometime in the near future the American people could regain control of their country. I know I am off with the pixies but I live in hope.

Jennifer likes this.
  5. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

lol!

A lot of people will suffer, but at least it wont only be the poor people for a change. Poor people are used to surviving, subsisting. They are fairly well equipped,..the wealthy, not so much. As I'm sure Emu would agree; blessed are the poor, the meek will inherit the earth, etc, etc. I don't think we will live long enough to see things devolve that far though.

I know how to make a fire, find water, and can happily live without electricity, mod cons, etc. So I can drop out of the mayhem fairly easily if I get sick of it all. As long as the sea levels don't rise too quickly. :hmmm:

Angela likes this.
  6. Angela

Angela Admin

I think the indigenous peoples will inherit the earth if it isn't nuked. They're the only ones who have the survival skills, and the only ones humble enough to qualify as "meek".

No-one can say for sure what will happen of course, and it may all go on like this for another hundred years.

Anyway, I discovered "pinhole glasses" today, and ordered some. I'm secure in the knowledge now that I'll still be able to see, in a post-apocalyptic world without optometrists. So that's something.

Judith and margyb like this.
  7. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Just out of curiosity what are you going to cook to eat on your fire?

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Fish. Bob tail lizards? :scratch:

9. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

And when those resources run out because everyone else is doing the same thing?

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Well, I wasn't planning on Armageddon. In my post I said I didn't expect things to go completely tits up in my lifetime, but I'd drop out if things got too annoying in the build up.....or words to that effect. Presumably there will still be a supermarket in the town for a while yet.

If it did go tits up, I probably wouldn't last long. Too old, too many aches and pains, no fight left in me. :violin:

Judith likes this.
  11. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Sorry, misread what you were saying. I could survive without mod cons too but I don't think I survive without the internet now. :sillygrin:

12. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Look Ange - he is even wearing Pinhole glasses.

Flea, Judith, RC. and 1 other person like this.
  13. Angela

Angela Admin

Perfect!

Pippi and RC. like this.
  14. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I have a pair of those pinhole glasses somewhere.

Pippi and emu like this.
  15. Maria

Maria Senior Member

And
    And me.

emu likes this.
  16. Maria

Maria Senior Member

It could only happy in U.S.A God Bless America they need it more than ever now. :?:

emu likes this.
  17. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

emu and Angela like this.
  18. Angela

Angela Admin

Thanks Aussie. Another great article. :)

I'm really enjoying this thread. The truth is really coming out now about the true agenda of the Left (read "1984" if in any doubt). And I'm glad to see vapers especially, who've been so totally screwed by left wing ideology as to have been shamed for giving up smoking the "wrong way", waking up one by one and realising that the public is being lied to by the mainstream media on every level, not just about nicotine.

Edit: I'm not right wing by the way. I'm not anything at all. :sillygrin:

emu, Aqualung, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  19. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

It's so very encouraging to see people around the world waking up on mass, we may have a chance yet.

I'm not right wing either! But when less than 1% of the population control 95% of the wealth something has gone wrong.

Stomp, Jennifer, Noe and 4 others like this.
  20. Angela

Angela Admin

Exactly. :thumbup: