1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Trump or Hilary

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by Steve Thomas, Oct 3, 2016.

?

Trump or Hilary?

1. Trump

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Hilary

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

**** that, while I may be tipsy I still know what I am thinking is what I have always thought; that pleasantries often get in the way of whaty needs to be said or make saying what should be a direct outpouring into a convoluted, twisted, mish mash of words that need deciphering.
    Sometimes feelings get in the way of what needs to be said.
    When the 2 choices are 1. a moron that thinks Mexicans are going to pay for a wall that he wants to build to appease Americans & 2. a Cheating, back biting, treasonous, warmongering bitch, people really have no option but to elect the lesser of 2 evils.
    Sure you may have liked some of what Hillary stood for but when she is in prison in a few months & everything is revealed, will you mourn for her too?
    Trump may not be the brightest crayon in the pack but at least he didn't try to portray himself as anything else than what he is, even after all his nasty speaches, even after he made numerous political mistakes, he still won. Because at the end of the day, the unenlightened plebs that voted, saw through the Clinton lies, the betrayals she had already exacted upon the American people & decided that giving her the chance to betray them more was not something they wanted.

I don't have a stake in it, I didn't really give a shit who won, all I know is if I was given the choice between the 2, I would have voted for the one that was less corrupt.

Jaz likes this.
  2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I couldn't vote for Trump in a million years. Even when the alternative was one of the most evil people I could imagine. I would have done what most Americans did, and refused to vote.

I feel for the minority groups that he offended and I fear for them if he actually does any of the nasty shit he said he would. I feel sick for the terrible things being done to Muslim and Mexican people in the US at the moment, and I pray it gets better, not worse, for them. I don't think Trump will actually do any of the mean things he said he would, and there are millions of good Americans who are pledging to protect and care for anyone they see being treated badly because they think Trump has given them permission to do so. I have to put my faith in the essential goodness of ordinary people.

America now has an idiotic monkey as president, and I do not understand why people think that he is any worse than Clinton and the hideous crimes she has perpetrated on to hundreds of thousands of innocent people, including children with her war mongering, lying, deceit and arms dealing for personal profit.

To me it was a choice between offensive threats towards vulnerable minority groups and women in comparatively wealthy, stable circumstances, and the death of countless innocent people for the personal profit of a few insanely wealthy and powerful people. Trumps crimes pale into insignificance.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Judith and Angela like this.
  3. Angela

Angela Rebel Against the Sewing Machine

And don't forget the Clinton Foundation which collected tens of millions of dollars to help the people of Haiti after the earthquake in 2010, just so the Clintons could steal it, or give it to their billionaire mates. Haitian-Americans voted for Trump too, not because he cares about them - he doesn't - just in protest at the Clintons preying on them.

Jaz and Judith like this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Yippee. Some influential people from the "left" are being realists. There is hope for the world.

Angela likes this.
  5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

My thoughts exactly.

6. James P

James P Member

This week's The Economist reports:

IN A ritual out of sight of the cameras on Inauguration Day in January, America’s “nuclear briefcase” will change hands and President Donald Trump will receive a card, sometimes known as the “biscuit”. The card, which identifies him as commander-in-chief, has on it the nuclear codes that are used to authenticate an order to launch a nuclear attack. At that point, should he wish, Mr Trump can launch any or all of America’s 2,000 strategic nuclear missiles.

There are no constitutional restraints on his power to do so. Even if all his advisers have counselled against it, as long it is clearly the president giving the command, the order must be carried out. There are no checks and balances in the system. Moreover, once the order is given there is likely to be only a matter of minutes in which it could be rescinded.

This rather unpredictable reality TV star could actually destroy the world in a few minutes.

emu likes this.
  7. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Putin is probably in the same position so we have two dangerous men with fingers on the destruction button but we can live in fear or hope, our individual choice.

Jennifer and emu like this.
  8. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Regarding Nuclear Weapons-
    Okay folks...time to settle down a bit. First of all, The President cannot launch a nuclear attack unless he or she has followed certain procedures which include notification and agreement (without an override vote (not a veto) to declare the President unfit) by what is sometimes called "The Gang of Eight"; made up of the leaders of both the Senate and the House of Representatives, also minority members and the Intelligence committee. In addition, there must be concurrence by both the Secretary of Defence and today, The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

For the purpose of protection and common sense it is NOT an easy thing to do unless countless people are in agreement. I cannot speak for Russia..

Donna, Aqualung, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  9. emu

emu Banned

:giggle:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    RC. and Aqualung like this.
  10. Angela

Angela Rebel Against the Sewing Machine

Donald Trump is Jesus?

RC. and Pippi like this.
  11. emu

emu Banned

RC. likes this.
  12. emu

emu Banned

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Sorry, I'm confused? I have no clue what you are saying Emu? Or referring to.....I probably should go back and read your posts again. I don't know what you refer to that I apparently don't understand? And I don't know what that quote has to do with anything? Basically I don't know what you are talking about? :scratch:

Stomp and Pippi like this.
  14. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Ok, I just read James P's post so I guess you are referring to that? The predictions were made by the authors of the bible, not Jesus. The bible was written hundreds of years after he died so I wouldn't rely on the quotes in it being the actual words of Jesus.

A lot of wise men have predicted that human beings will **** themselves up, cuz that's what they do, and have done repeatedly, in a cyclical fashion since the time we walked out of the jungle. So no surprises there.

Pippi and Judith like this.
  15. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Tsk tsk emu
    Matthew is not Revelations.
    That sword was never literal, and related to the severing of the relationship with God that he brought for those who did not come to the Lord through Him.
    The sword of violent action He condemned when whatshisname drew it in Gethsename. That was the "die by the sword" remark.
    Not prophesy

Angela, Pippi, emu and 2 others like this.
  16. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Thanks for that Charles. I didn't think it would be possible for one person to have that much responsibility.

Aqualung and emu like this.
  17. emu

emu Banned

RC. and Aqualung like this.
  18. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

We've gone way too far OT already, I reckon.

emu, Angela and Pippi like this.
  19. emu

emu Banned

20. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Russell brand was right on the money with his little talk i couldn't agree more.

Now all of the circus of the election is over he has actually said some quite positive things hopefully he sticks to it we will just have to wait and see i gess.

It might not be so bad, he will be one of the first presidents ive heard of to say, i dont want to take your presidential salary, but by law i have to accept $1 so that will be it, this shows hes not there for profit and greed, and what he said about the banking system and financial sector has allready had a positive affect on the markets, which is good for everyone hopefully he is putting a good financial plan together to sort out the mess the country is in
    Yes he still wants to bulid his wall but, what do you do, its trump he has to do something stupid

And its just came up today hes having meetings with putin to clear the air fix relations and come up with a game plan to get on the same page as to what to do with conflicts in Syria, this is grate! becouse all that was happening befor was the US going in there and doing more harm than good trying to take over steping on toes, and making everyone the target of there back lash

Noe, Stomp and emu like this.