1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

TUTORIAL - How do I calculate how much nicotine I need to use???

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by rupert, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Well done Rupert and Noe. You covered every aspect of it.
    One thing i think is important to note especially to newbies looking to purchase and or mix nicotine into their liquids is;
    You may see on websites eg. Hiliq that you can purchase 10% nicotine or 20% nicotine liquid.
    These percentages refer to;
    10% = 1000ml (1 litre)of 100mg.
    20% = 1000ml (1 litre)of 200mg.

10% DOES NOT MEAN MIX YOUR LIQUID 10% NICOTINE.

When using calculations for these types of liquids keep in mind you are using 100mg or 200mg liquid.
    I for one was a little confused when i first saw this but after a quick bit of research found it easy to work out the ratio.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Noe and rupert like this.
  2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks @Steve Thomas - If you don't mind, I might edit the OP to include this info?

emu, Noe and Steve Thomas like this.
  3. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far - I feel that discussing this topic is a great way to get both the experienced and new to DIY (or even doubler mixing) to better understand the ins and outs of what we are doing.

I have now also changed the images in the OP (after quite a bit of technical difficulty at my end, but that's another story) to JPEG's, so fingers crossed they should work across devices!
    If someone on TAPTALK can let me know if they are displaying correctly now, I would highly appreciate :)

emu likes this.
  4. emu

emu Banned

Another fine thread rupert, personally I found it very educational and have understood you. you are still the man, thanks again and keep it up.

rupert likes this.
  5. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Looks good from here...................

[​IMG]

rupert likes this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Working on my PC too now :)

GJ Rupert.

It may pay to mention the %'s in this line :
    2) The end concentration you want your liquid to be (also in milligrams per millilitre). - typically 3, 6, 12, 18, or 24 milligrams per millilitre. This tutorial will use 3mg/mL, but this value can simply be subbed out in the below equations.
    By adding the % in next to them thus:
    typically 3, 6, 12, 18, or 24 milligrams per millilitre, these strengths can also be known as percentages as such - 0.3% 0.6% 1.2% 1.8% 2.4%.

Steve Thomas and rupert like this.
  7. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks Noe, will do now :)