1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

V2 platinum vanilla 12mg

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Steve Thomas, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

When i first started vaping i used v2 cigalikes. While the vapour production from these cigalikes is terrible by todays standards, the flavours were very vapable. I have moved up and on from v2 after only the first 3 or 4 weeks of my vaping beginnings and now, after vaping 2 weeks shy of 2 years, was given a bottle of what was once my favourite v2 flavour platinum vanilla.
    I have to admit i was expecting this e juice to taste totally different from what i remember. I put some in a zephyrus v2 with a ni200 0.15ohm coil. Temp control set at 470°F and 80 watts of power on my joyetech cuboid.
    As i poured the juice in i couldnt help but notice just how thin it is (im a high vg vaper) indicating this would be about a 70pg 30vg ratio. This is only a guess as there is no clear indication on any of the packaging labels. It is a dark clear brown much like the vanilla essence you get at a supermarket. It does have quite a nice strong vanilla smell when the bottle is opened.
    On the inhale i am met with a very nice and suprisingly full vanilla flavour. I immediately remembered back to why i loved this flavour when i initially embarked in my vaping transition. It is very easy vape this flavour and it doesnt take your breathe away. There are no other traceable flavours of vg, pg or alcohol that can be found in some juices. This is actually a very very nice flavour to vape if you are a vanilla lover (which i am). It is slightly sweet but definitely not too sweet. V2 have definitly got this vanilla flavour right. This is what a nice vanilla should taste like.
    Something i was quite surprised by was the amount of vapour i was able to produce. The clouds were quite full and thick considering i would not believe there is much vg in this juice at all.

Overall this was a great throw back to my own vaping beginnings. The flavour is exactly what they say it is and the cloud is satisfying enough for the vast majority of cloudchasers.
    Im not sure what the price is as i was given this bottle to try, but by memory v2 products are not cheap compared to others on the market.
    I would give this juice a 7 or 8 out of 10.
    I would really like to see this juice have a higher vg level with the same tasting flavour.
    I will easily vape this until the bottle is empty but knowing v2 prices are high, i doubt i would actually pay the price to vape this everyday.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rupert, margyb, Cloudy and 4 others like this.
  2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I too started my vape journey with V2. This was also my go to flavour too a few years back when I started vaping, along with the Sahara and Menthol Tea.
    I absolutely love this flavour :)

Oh, BTW, if you go to their website, you can type in the serial number/code from your liquid box, and they will give you a readout of the components. Generally the mixes are between 70-60PG if I remember (though its been a while since I bought from them - unreliable customer service and high prices....)

3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I refuse to support a company that price gouges on "newbie" gear.
    So I wouldn't even try their juice.

V2 cigalikes are way overpriced.

4. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

I was referred to v2 by my doctor when i very first started vaping. I have since told my doctor that is the worst place to send someone for vape gear and he replied:" i dont really know much about vaping at all, i just knew id heard of other doctors recommending v2 as a good starting point. I wanted you to go there and have a look and make your own mind up about vaping. I knew you wouldnt like them for very long, but it was a good place to make you more interested and hopefully get you to look for better vapeing devices"
    My doc is very ill informed about vaping, but he does acknowledge it is better for me. I am just thankful he did put me onto v2 as it was the whole reason i vape now. Even though it was a massive rip off, it only took me about 3 weeks to start looking for better gear, which my doc knew would happen. It was a discovery mission which i ventured into completely alone. I actually think i am better for it. I now have a great understanding of vaping from cigalikes right through to rebuildables and sub ohm. A discovery i have enjoyed thoroughly the whole way.

Cloudy, emu and rupert like this.