Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Gasman, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

http://www.vandyvape.com/detail/Atomizer/39

I'm on another self imposed vape buying ban but after watching several reviews this seems to be a good one.
    I don't think it's actually been released yet but it's going to be hard I think.

I did think of one particular lady whose name begins with 'P' as it could be right up her alley (excuse the pun).

I think it's been mentioned before but I couldn't find it.
    Strictly a MTL but I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at it.

I was looking at the Siren V2 but from what I can tell this ones better in my opinion.

Edit...

I've just noticed I've spelt the name wrong!!

Can't edit the title.. Nice one... How to look like a complete goldfish in one easy lesson.

iamTezr, Noe, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I was at VV today as I had a credit and was looking for my first Dripper - It needed to be 22ml to fit on my Provari Procyon - I looked at the Vandy Vape but they only had it in blue so I bought the Motfo Serpent BF which can also be a dripper. In regards to normal rebuildible tanks - I have the doggy style atty kindly gifted to me by Tez (which so far I haven't managed to build correctly) and a authentic Kayfun Lite - I think that is enough to deal with for now :)

DogMan and Gasman like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Ps -fixed the spelling for you Gassy :)

DogMan and Gasman like this.
  4. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I know you've not long been building coils but it seems I've made a mistake.
    Nothing unusual about that.

I'm not going to lie and will admit I was trying to be smart and failed miserably. To be completely honest my objective was to gauge your reaction in regards to this tank.
    I would also like to know what others think of it as I do honestly think it looks like it could be a winner.

Therefore I will be completely honest and ask you not to buy it even if you think it's the best thing since sliced toast.
    No point in resisting as I know I'm going to get it eventually but I will wait until some real world opinions start to surface.
    It also seems a bit expensive in the scheme of things as the only vendor I use that currently has it listed is FT at $44 US or there abouts. Going from the law of averages I would expect Aussie vendors to sell it for approximately $65-70 Australian which could be construed as a tad expensive.

My original idea was to buy two and send you one as I've sneakily kept your PO Box address.
    Obviously due to your recent kindness shown to me but the cats out of the bag now.

I'm positive you're going to tell me there's no need etc,etc but to me there is.

Therefore if you don't mind can I ask you not to buy one yet and let me get one and try it.
    If I completely disagree with what the reviewers have said I'll say so but if not I'd like to send you one some way or the other.

Edit...

P.S.
    The thread title is still spelt wrong!

iamTezr and DogMan like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thanks Gassy, I did have a better look at it today and yes it seems great - I really like the smaller tank version and will be interested to hear what you think.
    Its 24mm and I dont have anything that it would fit on. Plus you dont need to buy me anything!
    I have been really lucky and have been given quite a few squonking atties - so I am more than set :)
    Ta muchly for the thought though.

Gasman, iamTezr and DogMan like this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Looks like it could be a really good MTL RTA. What I see though is bottom airflow, which to me spells leaks or seeps or both, I know not all bottom airflow tanks suffer from these conditions but most do suffer from one or the other.
    Without trying to change the subject, the one new tank I have bought in the past 3-4mths is the UD Bellus V2, which has side airflow, not bottom airflow, which I am not entirely sure won't have leakage or seepage either but I studied the design & think that it most likely won't have those issues. For myself, I am at the point where a tank has to not suffer with those problems or I won't use it, as my OBS Engine(s) have not leaked or seeped juice ever & nor have other top airflow tanks I have used.

I think Vandy Vape could easily have made this tank top airflow, without any impediment to the overall design, looking at that airflow hole, it would have been very easy for them to install a single air tube through the tank bringing air from the top to the bottom & back up, removing the possibility of leaks or seeps.
    More vapers should put pressure on manufacturers (by spending their $ on leak-free designs), then manufacturers will make more & more different tank/atty designs that are completely leak-free, making soggy purses & pockets a thing of the past :)

Gasman, iamTezr and Pippi like this.
  7. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

My many Vika clones never leak but they arent rebuildible so that limits them for lots of folks.

Gasman and Noe like this.
  8. Noe

It's ok, my Witcher tank never leaks either & has top airflow but it's not strictly MTL & it's not rebuildable too. :)

Pippi likes this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

that's exciting :)

sorry for OT, gassy

Gasman and Pippi like this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I haven't built it yet but fingers crossed it is good - I had no idea what to get.

MetalOz and DogMan like this.
  11. Noe

When you find some you like, look carefully at how the airflow works, what the build deck is like & the other aspects of the design, then you know what works for you.
    When you buy some that don't quite do it for you, you can also look at the design & try to think of what it is about it that doesn't work for you.
    By doing those 2 things you'll eventually be able to look at almost any RDA or RTA & know if you'll enjoy it or not, without needing to try it.

I have gotten so good at this now that I can look at a few pictures of an atty & know if it is going to be good or not in most cases. Very rarely I am surprised though & something I thought might be terrible turns out to be good or something I thought would be good is a disappointment. The UD Bellus V2 tank, I think will be good (which is why I ordered it) but I could be wrong about that, the proof will be in the testing.

Pippi and Gasman like this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

24mm puts me off tanks too but an ever increasing amount are seemingly manufactured that size now.
    In saying that as I enjoyed the original Serpent mini so much I made a conscious decision to buy the 25mm version. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with it as such but I don't think it delivers as good a flavour as the 22mm probably due to the chamber not being as small and concentrating the flavour so well.
    Of course the trade off is bigger juice capacity.

I relented a while ago and bought an Evic Primo mini allowing me to have bigger attys if I so desired. Of course 22mm fit fine on it too and I think it's an excellent little mod. It's only niggling point is the battery door which is ever so slightly raised when a battery is installed.

I'm going to wait awhile (in theory) but I will share my thoughts when I get one.

We'll take it from there.

Pippi likes this.
  13. Noe

I think this is true for nearly all atties that have a smaller & larger diameter version, when the deck size changes but the trade off is you now have a bigger deck that is easier to work on & you can install larger coils to compensate for the less efficient size of the deck/chamber.
    The first atties were things like Joye510, with maybe a 7-8mm deck, which wasn't really rebuildable (although some variations were) but there's no way you'd get the same performance from one of those as you do from any modern atty. As vaping has evolved atties have gotten larger & larger 2 years ago most people thought 22mm was the ideal size to balance performance vs ease of build but better designed 25mm atties has meant that the same performance or better can be achieved, while allowing more ease of building. Though as I said above it'll be less efficient than an atty of the same design in 22mm, which means you have to build larger coils (which is kinda the point of larger decks other than making rebuilding easier) with lower ohms & use more power to drive larger atties. The big upside to this has been increased juice capacity in tanks, without making the tank very long to increase juice capacity.

I could go on more but I am probably boring most people reading this already lol
    Suffice it to say, I prefer 24/25mm dia tanks, 22mm to me nearly always seemed very cramped to build on, 25mm dia tanks have allowed me to build what I consider to be optimal wicking sized coils, with a 3.5mm or 4mm inner dia, on 22mm tanks fitting in dual 3.5mm coils, frequently, was not possible, 3mm coils were generally the largest I could use on most tanks of 22mm size. That 0.5mm inner dia on your coil may not sound like much but it makes a big difference to life expectancy of your wick, if you value clean flavor. So you get longer lasting wicks & less maintenance, it's not about the cost of cotton, it's about the cost of time to re-install wicks.

Gasman likes this.
  14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I forget what size coil I have in the 25 mm but it's due for replacement very soon so I shall put that theory to the test and try a bigger diameter in the 25 against a smaller in the 22.
    As I felt lazy today I dry burned the existing coil and rewicked it but I'm thinking I should have just put it away for a good clean next week.
    I've not been dry burning lately as it just doesn't seem to work for me as I'd like it to.

What you've said makes perfect sense.

Noe likes this.
  15. Noe

Having a larger inner dia on your coil means you can fit more wick into it, this means the wick takes a lot more to get gunked up because there is more wick to absorb gunk.
    So wicks don't get as dirty as quickly as they do with smaller dia wicks. I've tested this myself & experimented with many different types of wicks, currently SS mesh is my favorite wick material, I've had the mesh wick I'm using now running for close to 4 weeks without a dry burn (you don't need to change out SS mesh like you do cotton) & the flavor is still pretty good, although it's not the best it could be (like it will be after a dry burn).

Gasman likes this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've noticed wick and wire have the berserker for $36.95 now.

Therefore it's in Australia and I'm looking forward to some opinions.

17. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

[​IMG]

The good people at Vapr.com have it now too..
    Unfortunately currently only in the black but after asking him today apparently he has some more arriving next week.

$44.95 from memory which is reasonable I think.
    It occurred to me I managed to get the siren from them and low and behold he came up trumps.

He also has other 'stuff' that I'm sure I'll find a use for unlike Wick & Wire.
    I reckon I should be able to creep over the free postage amount without to much trouble.

When I've actually got and used it for a while I'll post my opinions.

Pippi likes this.
  18. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I am so sad this isn't a 22ml atty - I love the look of it and in particular the bronze & Silver one - I loathe that the Attys are moving to 24mm and beyond as I dont think I own a mod that will fit them.
    I seem to be sinking fast into dinosaur territory - its a modern day tragedy :cry:

Gasman, Noe and DogMan like this.
  19. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Haven't tried the Berserker, but yesterday I bought the Vandy Vape Pulse 22 RDA while visiting The Steamery. Needed something new and suitable for all the flavour testing I do. I like not having to mess with posts.

20. Noe

Posts aren't that bad usually & can be preferable to postless decks but I don't think posts or their lack makes much difference. What makes more of a difference to me is the airflow, the internal size of the atty & the overall design. Posts have the effect of reducing space in an atty, which can be a good or bad thing, a smaller space is usually good for flavor but if the posts mean making larger coils is impossible then that's no good for me.

The new Geekvape Zeus RTA is a postless design & I'm very much looking forward to trying that one, single coil with top to bottom to top(TBT) airflow, top fill & 4ml capcity, should make it great for flavor. Yes it's an RTA not an RDA but I rarely use RDAs & I have more than enough good ones for flavor testing.

BTW I'll be in NSW next week Charles, I did post in the random chat thread about it but apparently no one from NSW reads the random chat thread LOL

Charles Vaper likes this.