Vape in Bali

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Ivan, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Hey guys!
    I'm planning for a holiday this April to Bali. Just wanna ask if it's a good idea to bring my vape in my hand carry bag. Just a VTC mini, TVF4 and 1 battery. Is it a good idea? Can I bring it back here at Australia without any problems? I appreciate any comments. Cheers!

Pippi likes this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Hi Ivan, one of my friends in daylesford is a vaper and regular bali visitor - I will ask her tomorrow for you.

margyb likes this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Never had a problem with taking my vape gear to Bali & back.
    Last tiem I took a box mod with spare 18650 batts in battery boxes, over 100ml of juice split into 4x 30ml bottles & a spare rebuildable atty, with replaceable coils spare for the other atty, all in my carry on luggage & back up pen style batts.
    If there was going to be an issue, I'm sure that would have drawn attention.

4. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Similar experiences on 2 trips so far.
    Theres a couple of vape shops around bali, and if you are around denpasar, check out Gods Vape. Its kind of a local place, they speak very little english but they have a nice selection of goodies and pretty well priced

margyb, Angela and Pippi like this.
  5. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Thank you guys! It's really good to try some local brews. I've also read about Gods Vape, maybe I'll stop by if I have time to spare.

margyb and emu like this.
  6. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Next trip, pack it in a boogie board bag and see what happens

7. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

(Shapelle) WTF that NOT mine ,how did that get there?????
    YER right !!!!!!! Maybe daddy packed some goodies for you!!!!!!!

sirfoxey and emu like this.
  8. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Its pretty hard to find, make sure you have detailed directions on how to get there. I got lost twice :S

9. Noe

Not hard to do in Bali, so many little "stores", short streets going everywhere, cars driving on any side of the road they choose, Bintang cheaper than water.
    It all gets quite confusing, especially because it's hot & you need to drink a lot to keep your fluids up, so because Bintang is cheap it's the drink of choice! LOL

Judith, margyb and Oldhead like this.
  10. Ivan

Ivan New Member

For real? How much is Bintang?

11. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

At last check (last March/April) - around 20-25,000 rupiah for a bottle?
    that's around $2-$2.50
    Might be slightly different now, but that's what you'll pay in fairly low key spots. Restaurants and trendy bars will be 40-50k ($4-$5).

It's a decent brew, everywhere seems to have it nice and cold, really takes the edge off in the humidity. I miss Bali.

Noe likes this.
  12. Noe

Last I was there (2yrs ago) it was around 15000R for a king brown (don't bother with the stubbie size bottles). 20-25000R at the more expensive market stalls but if you know where too look you'll get it cheaper.
    Water by comparison was up to 6000Rupiah for a 300ml bottle lol
    Of course in the cheaper stores water is cheaper than that but it's a favorite joke in my family that Bintang is cheaper than water in Bali, which it is depending on where you buy each.

Also you are allowed to walk around drinking alcohol, so when out shopping etc or on the beach I always had a King Brown of Bintang in my hand with my PV in the other, until I invested in a king brown size beer cooler & turned it into a lanyard & had "Bintang Hands Free" :D
    I'd just buy 1 bottle at a time (unless taking them back to the hotel), finish it then walk into the next shop & buy another & literally every 2nd or 3rd shop sells Bintang.

Ivan and Oldhead like this.
  13. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

Bintang is much safer to drink ,than water in Bali. ,Try brushing your teeth with Bintang it puts a zing in your smile. Terimah Kasi Noe.
    Going back for 0ne month in May.

Ivan and Noe like this.
  14. Noe

That & Tidook (sp) are about the only Balinese words I know LOL
    Oh & of couse Bintang.

15. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

Ha Ha Ha , Singla pis works well for me ( no money ) :sillygrin:

Noe likes this.
  16. Noe

LOL I sometimes think I sound like a parrot walking around a market in Bali, " Tidook, tidook, tidook, tidook..."

17. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Hahahaha. What does tidook mean?

18. Noe

It means No & tyhe reason you'll have to say it a lot is coz, you'll have every shop keeper & their assistants asking if you want to buy something LOL

19. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko V.I.P.

Going to Bali soon and guess what; we booked a place based on other criteria and yesterday I was exploring the area on Google maps and there is a vape store that just opened up about 4 doors down on the same street! Also found out they sell Swedish snus retail in another cafe less than 2 km away! Hello, nicotine heaven!

20. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Have a great Holiday Doc, It will be good to hear your experiences with vape stores and vaping in Bali on your return. :)

Dr Attila Danko likes this.