Vape in Bali

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Ivan, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Have a relaxing break Dr.

I think most people will agree you've definitely earnt it.

Pippi likes this.
  2. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko Senior Member

I'll probably end up trying to see what links we can forge between the Indonesian vaping community and the rest of the world. Obsession never rests! But I do hope to climb a volcano with my kids too.

3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

As you do.

Just make sure it's a dormant volcano as we'd all like you and your family to return safe and sound.

4. Casper80

Casper80 Member

I miss Bali too and I'm indonesian lol...

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

sirfoxey and Pippi like this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Yes I found a snus vendor prior to my last visit to Bali, online but unfortunately never got to visit the vendor, since it was a long way away from where we were staying (relatively speaking, Bali is quite a small island). I'm hoping that when we visit next time that I get a chance to visit the snus vendor & some vape vendors :)

Pippi likes this.
  6. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Not that small, go to from the airport to Lavina takes many hours of looking at many many rice fields.

Pippi likes this.
  7. Dr Attila Danko

Police officer doing his Public Health duty setting an example for the people.

8. Dr Attila Danko

Sorry, too hard to post images here so I posted to Aussie Cloud Chasers on Facebook!

It has been an interesting time here. Besides the normal holiday stuff, I've had quite a nicotine adventure! I've visited 3 vape shops. Vaping is growing strongly here. 2 shops sold only 3 mg eliquid and cater to enthusiasts (including the one literally over the road from where we are staying). The other, older one, C-style is much better, with a range to suit most people up to 18 mg/ml and Joyetech AIO's etc. They also allow sampling.

It's interesting seeing vaping evolve in a developing country where there is no suppression in practice. It appears that Indonesia officially bans vaping however no one has heard of this in Bali! Vape shops prosper and grow.

New shops tend to cater for enthusiasts and I do worry that older smokers may not want such clouds/drippers/sub ohm and if they go into one of these shops they may be turned off. However this is where the money is, enthusiasts getting the latest gear which mostly is bigger and bigger wattage and clouds and lower nic and TVF 32 etc etc. Low nic/big clouds also helps juice sales.

Younger adults tend to be enthusiasts and this of course will encourage ban hammers and offend the WHO etc. On the other hand, it is diverting young people from smoking very powerfully; who would go back to smoking when vape makes so much more clouds? It isn't good that options aren't there for everybody's needs though.

Another interesting thing from this nicotine paradise is that Swedish snus is sold in a number of shops, however it is only portion snus in little 16 - 20 gram quantities for 16 bucks each tin. 1$ per gram is getting close to ransomed snus.

Of course I had a look at other options, and I found one little shop down a lane that sells a locally made los snus in 50 gram tins, Tiger Snus. It's los, it's strong and it's only 9 bucks a tin.

sirfoxey, margyb, Donna and 3 others like this.
  9. BakerB

BakerB Member

:h: Bali

sirfoxey likes this.
  10. Dr Attila Danko

So back in Oz again, great trip, did the volcano and no one died, (actually there's 3 that are climbed and people only die on the largest one and we did the smallest one!). Vaping is really getting common with the young adults despite costing 50 cents a ml vaping large amounts of 3 mg when a pack of smokes is only $1.50. It's great to see how vaping is feasible even in poor countries. I think I made one local guy rich (in the future) by explaining how to import nic and DIY and he could see how he could go from DIY to selling, deeply undercut the other shops and still make a good profit. Lots of dynamic young people looking for a way to get ahead. Not many people interested in consumer advocacy however as no one cares about crushing vaping and they don't have the media scare stories so most people see that it's obviously better than smoking. Not much to fight against in a nicotine paradise!

margyb, sirfoxey, Gasman and 2 others like this.
  11. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I am glad that you or any family members didn't die.

But no matter what.

Somehow it is always money.

12. vapelover87

vapelover87 New Member

If you are around seminyak you can visit Cstyle vape bar located in kerobokan.. they speak perfectly english and offer 15 days warranty on their devices (very comfortable). Their range of juice is quit good and they provide tester to avoid any bad surprise.
    Price range is very cheap compare with the service that you got. Friendly staff and well trained.
    I would definitely recommend this place.

13. Duckling

Duckling New Member

I think you might be affiliated with that shop Vapelover87, since you post about it and nothing else on all the Aussie forums.

iamTezr, Angela and Gasman like this.
  14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'm inclined to agree with the feathered one.

iamTezr likes this.
  15. vapelover87

vapelover87 New Member

Everyone share his opinion here that's the point of a forum. I came back from Holliday meeting beautiful people there. The staff was just amazing the minimum that I could do was to take a little of my time to share with you guys my experience there.
    If you have a chance to visit Bali please have a visit there and let me know if my words were biased ;)

16. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Hi Vapelover87,
    Welcome to the Cafe. Expressing and sharing ones opinion or giving recommendations is more than welcome here. But to promote a business without following our forum guidelines is definitely a No-No. It's hard to take someone seriously when their only posts on multiple forums is only about this particular vape shop. If you're affiliated with this vape shop and would like to be a part of our forum, you can apply for a vendor application after you've read through this thread here: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/prospective-vendors-please-read.502/
    If you were just a customer of the shop and just wanted to recommend the shop because of their service, then how about you share us your vape story and your holiday trip in the 'Introduce Yourself' thread which can be found HERE
    Just a friendly reminder that our Moderator/Admin will take action if you don't follow the forum rules here :)

17. vapelover87

vapelover87 New Member

Hi iamTezr,
    Thanks for the welcome and all informations.
    I am a newbie on forum and appreciate your advices.
    Will definitely introduce myself in the right thread :)

Gasman and iamTezr like this.
  18. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I agree with IamTezr and I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and please don't take offense if anybody (including myself) has jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Do you live in Australia?

19. vapelover87

vapelover87 New Member

No worry guys I don't take it as offence :sillygrin:
    I am on sabbatical year right now :) I am enjoying a long trip (KL, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong). After this trip I would love to find a job in Asia where I find myself flourished. How about you Gasman ? Have you already travelled in south Asia?

20. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Sorry I missed your question until now.

Yes I've seen a couple of Asian countries being Singapore, Hong Kong and Penang.

Unfortunately I can't eat Asian food but managed to find fast food outlets that I recognised.
    Otherwise I'd have starved.

Nobodies fault but mine but I just can't eat it.