Vape pens for dry herb / liquids

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by RoseRiks, Nov 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RoseRiks

RoseRiks New Member

Hi there,

I need to buy my boyfriend a vape for his birthday. He prefers vape pens. I know literally nothing about this and need some advice. He vapes dry herb as well as liquids, so I want to buy something for both. I was searching on Vaping Daily something suitable but found only cool ones either dry herb or liquids, not for both. Are any devise to meet my criterion? Or I need to buy two?

2. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I would say that there is nothing that can do both.
    Dry herb and nicotine e-liquid devices are quite different.

Well it is the atomiser chambers that are different as the main body is basically just a battery holder and power source.

You will really need to buy two.

3. RoseRiks

RoseRiks New Member

Thank you for the explanation.
    Do you have any advice on which one is better to buy? maybe any brands?

4. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Well, that is a really difficult question without knowing all sorts of stuff.

With nicotine e-cigs it is a very big question as these days there are literally hundreds of possibilities but generally most atomisers work quite well these days.

With dry herbs there are lots of variabilities.

The best dry herb vape I have owned is the VapCap by DynaVap which takes a butane torch to get to temperature so it is and is probably one of the most efficient vaporizers around and it is relatively cheap in the scale of things.

There are many others with batteries and stuff but not quite up to efficiency of a vapcap. But most are ok in what they do.

You need both though as nothing has been invented yet which does both of those things.

My advice is buy the guy a VapCap for the dry herbal consumption and get him an e-cig for the nicotine.

5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

If you are after a battery operated dry herb vaporiser, I would go to youtube & put exactly that into the search bar with "review" after it.
    There are lots of different ones but one that comes to mind is the Ploom Pax (I think that's how it's spelt), this may not be the best around now but it was a few years ago & searching for that should lead you to other similar & perhaps better, newer models.
    One thing to be aware of, there are cheap vape pens available but they are considered to be rather ineffective & tedious to use when it comes to dry herbs, be prepared to spend $100 or more on a decent unit & do some research to find one that roasts the material evenly with convection, rather than conduction, as the later generally scorch the outer layer of material.

6. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I had a friend that recently passed away from the big C he asked me for one of these herbal vaporisers and I bought him the Black Mamba which we both found to be pretty useless. There are quite a few listed on this link but as to how good they are, have only tried the Black Mamba and was not impressed. Yes I use the green weed on occasion and find it excellent pain relief for migraines but traditional pipes or a water pipe from tobacconists produce better results IMHO.

Here is the link but as to the quality of the products I cannot vouch for

7. RC.

RC. Senior Member

If you want a 510 atty type dry herb vape, the Stempod and the Splinter are probably the best around.