1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Vape Pipes

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Twistie, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Twistie

Twistie New Member

I'm new to vaping and am interested in using a replica of an old fashioned wooden pipe. I've only ever been a cigarette smoker however as a vaper I tend to puff away on it in a manner similar to how my father used to smoke his pipe. I'm thinking that perhaps the feel of a pipe in my hand would be superior to the metal pen like vape that I currently have. Has anyone used a pipe and have any suggestions? Please accept my apologies in advance for any terminology stuff ups. I'm very new to the world of vaping.

RC. and Pippi like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi Twistie, I have a Smok Guardian pipe and have a long curved drip tip on it - I love it.
    Will try and find a photo for you.

MetalOz, RC. and Twistie like this.
  3. Twistie

Twistie New Member

Thanks Pippi. That would be great.

4. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

margyb, Flea and Twistie like this.
  5. Twistie

Twistie New Member

6. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I made this one from old bits and pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

margyb, MetalOz, rupert and 4 others like this.
  7. Twistie

Twistie New Member

Wow, that's fantastic!

RC. likes this.
  8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Its not a silly question at all but I might leave it to one of the others to reply - I am not great at explaining things. :)

RC. and Twistie like this.
  9. Twistie

Twistie New Member

Thanks Pippi. I'll await the replies :)

RC. likes this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Twistie and RC. like this.
  11. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Well, I suppose it goes a bit like beginners like to emulate a smoke, so a tightish mouth draw usually called mouth to lung (MTL)

and so called veterans have tried different things and often settle on what they like best.

It could be Direct Lung (DL) or MTL or flavour or clouds but it just boils down to preferences.

Also building your own coils or buying pre built etc. is another preference.

It is really just finding your way as there is so much stuff around these days that it can be rather overwhelming.

Flea, DogMan, iamTezr and 2 others like this.
  12. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

If you have only been vaping for a week or so, then I would advise you to wait on buying a pipe mod & given your line of work, you may want something with longer run times first.
    As you no doubt found out when you made the switch, vaping is quite different to smoking, the technique for vaping is not the same as for smoking. The technique for using more advanced gear also differs a little from the technique used with beginners gear & it is best to get fully comfortable using what you have before looking for upgrades.

MetalOz, rupert, Flea and 2 others like this.
  13. Twistie

Twistie New Member

Pippi likes this.
  14. Twistie

Twistie New Member

You're right about it all being a little overwhelming RC. I'm sure if I hang around here long enough I'll begin to catch onto the lingo :D

Pippi likes this.
  15. Twistie

Twistie New Member

Thanks for the advice Noe.

Pippi likes this.
  16. Noe

Ok so, the gear you are using at present, if I looked at the right thing, has a 1600mah battery tube & a MTL tank with a 1.8 ohm coil.
    Most pipe mods have a replaceable battery, usually an 18350 size, which is 700mah capacity & will only last a few hours of vaping, where your newbie kit is probably lasting you all day before needing to be recharged over night.

There certainly is no harm in looking around though & having a nice pipe mod for when you are relaxing at home with a "workhorse" kit for out & about would be the way to go I think.
    There are some cheap Chinese made e-pipes, like @Pippi's & then there are custom hand made e-pipes like these: http://epipemods.com/pipes.html
    I still think you should first get used to vaping for a while longer before splashing out on a e-pipe & probably get a better mod & tank before going the for the pipe, something that has longer run times & replaceable 18650 sized batteries (which can last even longer than your current battery). Something like the Joyetech Evic Mini, which has variable wattage & a large screen, is cheap & easy to use, would be an ideal first mod. For a tank I'd look at something like the Aspire Nautilus X, which has a wide variety of coil types you can use with it, in a range of ohm options.

Flea, Twistie, Gasman and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Good advise,but mine takes a 18650 Batt and lasts the same as any of my other mods ( ps mine wasn't that cheap $95 ;)) The sub pipe seems to be cheaper.

Noe likes this.
  18. Noe

Look at the prices of the custom e-pipes I linked, $95 is cheap ;)

crispernator and Twistie like this.
  19. Twistie

Twistie New Member

Thanks for the advice Noe!

Noe likes this.
  20. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Pippi, Twistie, RC. and 1 other person like this.