1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Vape Pipes

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Twistie, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

New Smok e-pipe, has maple bowl & black/gold stem/atty (Helmet Nano tank), I really like the look of this. USB charging, only 1000mah battery capacity but can fire up to 40W!

Won't be released until mid Jan by the looks:

[​IMG]

2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

is that a cad drawing or something? looks really unnatural :confused:

3. Noe

Probably, I don't think there's any that have been made yet, except maybe prototype(s).
    However it gives you an idea of how it will look & Maple is a nice wood with good grain :D

More pics/info:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

margyb and DogMan like this.
  4. Gabby

Gabby Member

It might be something we call 'vapourware' (no joke) in software and integrated circuit components. Vaporware (see Wikipedia) is "a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled." In fact most vapourware tends to be products that are being 'floated' to see if there's interest. If there is, they make them quickly.

DogMan likes this.
  5. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi all does this new smok have the battery built into it or is it like pippis where you can remove it ,have had a look t some of the mods that are hand made and as noe said 95 dollers is cheap for a epipe some of the ones made in melbourne are a ridiculous price ,yes they are very nice but 600+ dollars i dont think any e cig peice of eqipment is worth that much .I think if i venture down this path again i will go pippies way but i have read some disturbing reviews mainly about cracking but i must say it was only 2 that i read most were god to excellent.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  6. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

I just did the hard yard for you and found it has a built-in battery 1000mah :)

7. Noe

I usually do not like built in batteries but for an epipe, to me it makes more sense to have the battery built in.
    I do not trust 18350 batteries,none are made by LG, Samsung, Panasonic etc "the big boys" who manufacture high quality 18650's.
    Consequently, I don't own any 18350 batteries or any mods made specifically for 18350s & don't plan to.

Some epipes are made to take 18650 batteries but then they don't look to scale, compared to a smoking pipe.
    So that leaves the Li-Poly or built in battery option, Li-Poly is an easier method of safely creating batteries, which is why many Chinese manufacturers make Li-Poly batts for their products, if done right they are just as safe as 18650 batteries made by "the big boys".
    Things can still go wrong with Li-Poly batteries but I believe they are generally safer than 18350's, when buying from a known brand like Smok.
    That Smok Guardian, looks like it will be quite a nice epipe, the atty can be swapped out if the Helmet Nano isn't to your liking, I think if I was to get an epipe, this would be the one for me, unless I went for an 18650 capable, custom epipe.

rupert and DogMan like this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Butler

You may change your mind if you used a $600 hand crafted mod.

I've used a guardian 3 and it was nice. The button was awkward for me though.

Also. This is an 8 inch drip tip http://epipemods.com/accessories/pipe-stems-and-drip-tips/8-churchwarden-stem.html

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi and crispernator like this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

mooch and SS600 have both tested a few 18350 with good results, AW, basen etc... rewrappers yes, but the best in the business... and i trust mooch over a panda [no offence]

10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

it also takes a 18650 battery - its actually quite streamlined. I like it very much but liking the Limelight more, I think its the wood and how it sits in ones hand.

DogMan likes this.
  11. DogMan

DogMan Butler

i think noe meant the 40 watt maple guardian?

Pippi likes this.
  12. Noe

I think you're confused lol
    The Guardian I posted pics of does not take an 18650 ;)

iamTezr, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  13. Noe

Even Mooch can't say for certain who makes the 18350's. Yes AW is good but there are many, many, fake AW cells being sold too.
    However I still don't trust a cell I can not identify the original manufacturer of.

14. DogMan

DogMan Butler

that is why i only shop from SS600 for batteries

fakes of all brands abound, sony, samsung, lg...

Pippi likes this.
  15. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Told you I get confused! :bolt:

DogMan likes this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Sorry Noe :blonde: moment ;)

Noe and iamTezr like this.
  17. crispernator

just checked out fasttech pre order supossedly supplied by 26 this month 63.41 ships free worldwide

DogMan likes this.
  18. snuffy

snuffy Guest

Me too

DogMan likes this.
  19. Noe

Yeah I wouldn't believe the FT ETA date, wait until it says it is "in stock" or "ships next day" or at worst "ships in 3 days" before ordering, even "ships in 3 days" may change to "ships in 7 days" etc after you order.
    "In stock or "ships next day" is usually going to see no delay in shipment but it still can if there is huge demand for the item & they run out of stock, then you could be waiting 2 or more weeks until they get their next shipment in.

crispernator likes this.
  20. crispernator

I know noe ooops hahahaha ,i have been caught by that before as well funny though the smok 3 is more expensive than the new one am trying to find a descent review just to see what they say ,the original smok i think is still available but dont quote me on that maybe in the new year ill have to see