Vaping CBD? (Cannabidiol)

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by Mo Town, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Mo Town

Mo Town New Member

If there is another thread on this topic, please let me know.

If not, what are people's thoughts on and experience with it?

Thanks.

2. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I have used CBD and it is ok but it really depends on what you are using it for and it is bloody expensive.

I got 30ml or so from the UK and another from the US as well as some CBD flakes. a fair while ago.

I think that a balance of cannabinoids etc is a more wholesome approach using the whole plant to accomplish what is being called the Entourage effect to fully activate the endo-cannabinoid system.

But the CBD thing seems to help the medical-legal thing. You can get strains where the THC-CBD ratio's are close and the psychoactive effects are minimal but has a stronger effect via the balanced entourage of substances provided by nature.

This is a huge subject and there are bits and pieces on this topic below in the members activism forum.
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/dont-you-just-love-alex-wodak-brilliant.1547/

margyb and Mo Town like this.
  3. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

How much did 30 ml cost?
    I'm surprised. I didn't know there was a source from the UK, where they are still very much in the 'ban it' mode. The only sources I've heard of were from the US & some place in Europe (no European Union, Europe - the Netherlands?) & in the case of the US they often won't supply to out of state addresses, let alone out of country.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I forget exactly but is was at somewhere between 100 to 150. It was also the highest mg content available at the time.

margyb and The Vaper like this.
  5. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Just recently, there was a discussion came up in a private Twitter group about CBD. Here are some of the recommendations..

Mo Town, margyb and RC. like this.
  6. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

My gosh i didn't even think this was a option here till they make all green legal

Ive heard this stuff has done wonders for my medical condition

RC. and The Vaper like this.
  7. Smasha

Smasha Senior Member

I've tried CBD in my vape. The stuff I tried had very minimal THC content (you won't get high). I tried it to reduce anxiety/stress. It did chill me out and make me feel more relaxed. However as RC stated the stuff is very expensive.

Mo Town, RC., Wanda and 1 other person like this.
  8. Smasha

Smasha Senior Member

It also smells like cannabis so vaping at work is a no go.

Mo Town likes this.
  9. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Huh.. That's odd.

I am under the strong impression that neither CBD nor THC has any definable smell. The scent comes from the (aromatic) terpenes. I'm not certain that all the chemicals listed in this table are terpenes, but pretty sure most of them are.

[​IMG]

The decarboxylation process (cooking) which turns the (antagonist*) THCA into THC, & (slower) the THC into CBD tends to boil off those terpenes.
    * A THC antagonist binds to the same receptor but has no effect, thereby blocking the effect of the THC.

@RC. - did the CBD liquid you got from the UK have an odour?

Given the therapeutic nature of most of the chemicals in that table, there seems to be benefit in making sure they are included, but it takes specific effort and the liquid should not really be claimed to be 'just CBD' (not that I know they are making that claim).

RC. likes this.
  10. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I have some CBD flakes which I forgot I had and they were good for sublingual ingestion but also really expensive.

I have to admit though that I do enjoy a bit of THC thrown into the mix, purely for a wholistic plant medicinal effect;)

DogMan, Pippi and Smasha like this.
  11. RC.

RC. Senior Member

It did have an odour but nothing like the usual cannabis smell.

12. RC.

RC. Senior Member

They usually make the CBD from hemp rather than true full spectrum cannabis, and this method can bypass laws but in my opinion is an inferior product. There are some terpenes as there are in every plant that grows.

13. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Natalie (& probably ..others) are in complete agreement. :thumbup:

RC. and Pippi like this.
  14. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

And now I see Alex' tweet again, I'm reminded of the fact I recently heard him mention that THC itself has medicinal qualities (I'm guessing for more psychological problems such as PTSD?). All up, cannabis is an amazing plant.

.. Boy oh boy. The original poster (@Mo Town, absent since around ten days ago - before this thread took off again) is in for a surprise if they reappear! :sillygrin:

RC. likes this.
  15. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I have been watching with interest with what is happening in legal....ish countries and it seems that big business is slowly but surely taking over, and pushing the small but dedicated people out, as is usual. There are also now GMO seeds coming from Monsanto. Oh dear:(

The thing that annoys me is the thinking that everything should be standardised but no one seems to understand that we are dealing with a plant, a natural inhabitant species of the earth and where everything is supposed to be slightly different and unique in the natural realm and that is the beauty of it all.

I reckon that let both sides have their choice, standardised pills and stuff for the medical people and let gardeners etc be free too.

Maybe I'm dream'n

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Noe and Wanda like this.
  16. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Well, that #FF (Follow Friday) sure got big & went off topic fast! :rolleyes:

17. Mo Town

Mo Town New Member

Good discussion, thanks everyone for your input.

I asked in the first place because I saw some products being reviewed on youtube.

The Vaper likes this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Saw cannabis snus on Facebook. Cannadip is one brand.

19. Smasha

Smasha Senior Member

mornin.

20. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

These would get you off to a healthy start in the morning:

[​IMG]

And if you need a snack during the day, one of these should hit the spot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mo Town and Smasha like this.