1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping in Singapore

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Gasman, May 22, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I bring you doing my best not to get caught vaping in Singapore.

[​IMG]

Apparently all those cargo ships are full of vape gear from FT.

[​IMG]

Just arrived and these are a couple of pictures from the room.

Sorry I haven't been around but I have a lot of "stuff" going on currently and I've not been in the right headspace.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I wondered where you were Gas. I hope things improve for you and we can have you back again soon.

Enjoy Singapore....if that's possible? :confused:

We've missed you.

Gasman likes this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Be careful, Singapore has very draconian laws & has banned vaping.

DogMan likes this.
  4. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks Jennifer and apologies for not being around.
    I'm fine and so's the family but as I say I've had stuff to deal with and would not have been good company.

Just ask the wife!

In regard to vaping here, it's strictly egos with high pg and stealth mode to the extreme. I believe that's going to be my best strategy anyway.

margyb, Judith, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I know about their laws Noe but thanks for the advice.

Pippi, Noe, margyb and 1 other person like this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi Gasman, great photos - I hope you are ok, you have been missed.

margyb and Gasman like this.
  7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Were those pictures taken from the Marina Bay Sands?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Yep
    Up on the 49th floor.
    First fleecing opportunity averted because I bothered to read a sticker on the fridge.

The fridge is one of those sensor ones where it's able to detect if you even pick up a can of coke or whatever and move it.
    Once you do that you automatically get charged the extortionate prices you would expect even if you haven't drank it!

I had to ring the reception to have another empty fridge brought up to the room and of course was charged an additional amount for the privilege.
    It was only $10 which is better than moving the said can of coke and getting charged $8 for the exercise.

It is what it is but in my opinion that's a rip. If I decide to use anything from the fridge then I expect to pay for it but I don't expect to pay anything to move something.
    I want a fridge in the room and didn't ask for it to be filled with gold encrusted cans of coke or bottles of water.
    Just been down to a deli to buy some milk etc and have also put a couple of 10ml bottles of juice in there.

In fact one is a bottle of Noes Bewdy but perhaps I shouldn't tell him.

Noe, Judith, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  9. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, how long are you on Holidays for Gasman? Is Singapore the only destination or are you on a Tiki Tour?

10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Only a week and only Singapore.

It's the wifes annual incentive trip and couldn't have come at a better time to be honest.
    Due to the vaping laws here and the fact that I've been to Singapore before it certainly wouldn't have been my first choice but for what its cost us to stay in this very posh hotel I'd have been an idiot to not come.

Just want to unwind and take the day as it comes if you know what I mean.

Aqualung and Pippi like this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Enjoy and relax by the pool :) did you take your little stealth Vape with you? or did you buy one on the BM there?

12. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ps, more photos tomorrow please!

13. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

No B&M here.
    The laws are even worse than in Australia as it's totally illegal to even possess anything vaping.
    I just brought two egos,a couple of clearos,a charger and a couple of juices. If caught at the border I would have hoped that pleading ignorance was enough. Hoped being the operative word especially considering that here I am broadcasting it!

Stealth vaping is definitely the modus operandi.

Pippi likes this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol, I have a couple of emow batts and I am hanging on to them! good tips :)

15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I just took some more but it might be getting a bit dark but I'll see how they translate.

[​IMG]

A view from the side of the hotel. The building with the terra cotta roof is Raffles I think.

[​IMG]

Another one from our floor looking up at the boat looking structure that is seen on all the pictures. I haven't been up there yet but I believe there's an infinity pool up there. It's dripping water so I hope it's not leaking!

[​IMG]

This is just a picture looking down instead of up in the same position.

A very,very nice place but I reckon my vape budget could be decimated if I'm not careful.

margyb, Pippi, Noe and 2 others like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I know I said I wasn't going to bore anyone with umpteen pictures but I thought these few might be worth a look.

All up on the 57th floor looking across Singapore from the infinity pool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taken at approximately 8.15am this morning but unfortunately it's a bit overcast today.
    I did my very best not to take any where women were in the shot as I felt a bit awkward.
    So far hassle free as far as vaping is concerned and as a matter of fact I've seen other people vaping on egos but nothing any bigger.

I've not seen any Asians vaping but have seen umpteen thousands smoking. I actually think even nicotine patches and gum are illegal here. I wasn't too surprised about the gum as it's the old story of Singapore but the patches surprised me. The cost of cigarettes is from what I can tell (because I refuse to buy any no matter what happens) about half of what they cost in Australia.

I kind of expected to see some dodgy under the counter stall in a market or something but no absolutely nothing. However this morning I saw a group of about six police patrolling the streets around Raffles with machine guns over their shoulders. I don't know if they were looking for somebody but they were nonchalantly strolling around and in fact one opened a door for me and held it open before he followed.
    My first thought was I hope my egos not on show!

That could explain why nobody's prepared to risk earning a few dollars trying to sell vape gear. I don't imagine they would take much crap from anybody.

Noe, Aqualung, margyb and 3 others like this.
  17. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Im not going to take a picture of this for obvious reasons but there's a phone in the toilet in our room.

Personally I would have thought that while you were taking advantage of this particular supplied amenity the last thing desired would be for the phone to ring. And I can't imagine why anybody couldn't wait until they have been to the toilet until they have to ring somebody.

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a high flying executive so perhaps this is the norm in case that deal has to be clinched but it seems strange to me.

Aqualung, DogMan and margyb like this.
  18. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Haven't you ever had to finish a visit to the toilet quickly because the phone rang when you were expecting a call?

DogMan likes this.
  19. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

What would you do if you realised you were out of paper and needed them to urgently bring some up. Or you got a craving for steak tartare while using the toilet and wanted to order it so it was waiting when you got off? The uses are endless when you think about it

Judith likes this.
  20. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Absolutely not.
    As far as I'm concerned the outside world doesn't exist once I close that door.

I will finish the necessary in my own good time!

Noe, Pippi, Aqualung and 1 other person like this.