Vaping in Singapore

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Gasman, May 22, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Out of paper could be a dilemma but I still don't know about using the phone and although I've heard of steak tartare I don't think I'd ever had it so a craving for it is unlikely.

I get your points but still I don't get it!

Pippi likes this.
  2. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

The absolute worst fear of the 21st century, first world citizen, to be out of telephone contact. In the absence of the fixture, you'd have to take your mobile in, and that would be just plain unhygienic

Pippi likes this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

That pool, suspended above the city - is the thing of nightmares - I would be too frightened to wet even my toe!

4. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

and risk dropping it in the bowl

Aqualung likes this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Well here you are Pippi the Mrs wetted all toes and the rest of her why she was at it. I did join her but there's no pictures of any of my anatomy for fear of getting myself banned.

[​IMG]

As I say I did follow her with my iPad gripped tightly and took a couple of pictures from the edge for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It certainly is a little strange in this position but I was more worried about dropping my iPad.
    Of course another fleecing opportunity presents itself when a staff member comes up to you uninvited and takes pictures with the reassuring words being you don't have to buy them.
    To right I wasn't going to buy them with prices ranging from $180 to $340 but they were in a simulated leather wallet. So tempted-NOT.

Mine were free and you have the added bonus of not having my ugly mug in them.

Pippi, Angela and margyb like this.
  6. margyb

margyb Senior Member

Tell Mrs Gas
    she has beautifully manicured toenails :):)

Gasman and Pippi like this.
  7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'm sure she'll be pleased to hear that especially as I've posted the picture without written consent!

That's why I didn't post a picture of mine as it would have appeared like a grizzly bear had escaped from the zoo and decided to take a quick dip.

Noe, Pippi, sirfoxey and 1 other person like this.
  8. margyb

margyb Senior Member

LOL :rofl:

9. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Apart from Mrs Gases ( perfect) toes - I feel sick just looking at that - way too scary for me.
    Ps, you would have to work hard to get banned or reported again - Just so happy you are back!

Gasman likes this.
  10. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

$8 for not drinking a can of coke, they're taking the piss aren't they?
    I wonder what would happen if you move the can, then close thre fridge & move it again an hour later, would you get charged another $8?

#WHATARORT!

11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I agree with Gasman on this, once the door is closed the outside world does not exist, unless the house/hotel is burning down I don't want to know about it when in there. Even when my wife thinks it's ok to come & ask me something "important", all she gets is a grunt or a "go away", the only thing happening while I'm in there is between me & the bowl.

Gasman likes this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Apparently yes as unbelievable as it sounds. I would imagine quite a few people have a nasty shock when they check out.

[​IMG]

This is the sticker on the fridge but of course if you ignore it ......

Like most people I would remove all the supplied items in the fridge and go and buy my own. Upon leaving I would simply replace the originals. I must admit it has crossed my mind how many other people do that and the resulting condition of that beer or whatever.

This would stop that IF you bothered to read the sticker.

margyb likes this.
  13. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Just had a strange experience.

I watched a P.Busardo video earlier where he showed a Coolfire 4 without an internal battery.
    I went to Innokins website to check it out and I cannot connect to their website because as it states the server is unreachable. I tried three times at different times and got the same result.

I was wondering if that's because of the laws here or just a glitch of some sort.
    I've been having no problem getting any other sites but that's the first manufacturers I've tried.

I won't be trying anymore until I get home.

14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks Pipi but honestly I never went, I was lurking but not participating as I've a lot of unwanted work hassle going on currently which was and will again monopolise a lot of my time. I took this opportunity to have less hassle but quite honestly going back to being self employed is looking a lot more inviting.

I'm certainly embarrassed about my previous indiscretion but that wasn't the cause of my absence. However I do promise it won't happen again.

margyb likes this.
  15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I have told Mrs Gas (I still love that name) and she is very appreciative of your comment but she only wished she'd had time to put nail varnish on.

I think I got away with it but time will tell.

Pippi and margyb like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Flying home today so I took a couple of pictures from inside and outside the hotel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking up from the street.

[​IMG]

We went to the gala dinner in another very upmarket place and there was a laser show from the hotel. These pictures are taken from pictures on the bosses iPhone as I don't own a smartphone and was not carting my iPad around. Sorry the quality is not up to much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all an enjoyable and relaxing time but as ever back to reality now. We decided to visit Changi Museum again as last time we went the kids were too young and disinterested to allow us the proper amount of time to try and respect and understand it all. Very moving and quite unbelievable.

We were able to check the POW names book and found the brother in laws father in laws name listed. They very kindly made us a copy of the page which we shall post it to his wife upon our return. We did the guided tour this time which made it all the more poignant.

I hope I haven't bored to many people with this and I know the vast majority of the pictures were from the top floor/ pool area but as my wife said she has never known me to take any pictures at all and I was reluctant to carry my iPad around with me around the streets etc.

Noe, Pippi, Judith and 2 others like this.
  17. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I reckon it has been great Gasman.

I especially liked the bit about the fridge .

18. The Flavour Republic

The Flavour Republic Member VCA Approved Vendor

A friend of mine just returned from Singapore and he needs all new vape gear because his was all confiscated at the airport :(

margyb likes this.
  19. margyb

margyb Senior Member

Hope you get home safe and sound Mr and Mrs Gasman :)
    and with your e-cig gear

Gasman likes this.
  20. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Home safe and sound and all vape gear made it back as well.

My advice to anyone going to Singapore would be not to take anything expensive or big and nothing that would be a disaster if you had it confiscated. I packed only the bare essentials with enough juice to just see me through.

I did vape in public but very discreetly and only on an ego with no cloud chasing involved which wasn't hard as that's not my thing anyway. The public toilets got a good work out, if you'll excuse the expression. It actually discouraged me from going out as much as I probably would have but I have been to Singapore before so that didn't bother me that much.

I did the wrong thing in not putting my egos in the carry on luggage which is naughty I know but at least during the scanning of hand luggage I had nothing to worry about. I didn't want to do it that way and was unsure if an ego would have been a problem but thought it was either that or nothing . For what it was worth and I don't know if it makes any difference one ego was completely flat and one I would estimate about half charged. I definitely did not want to be tempted to buy any smokes whilst there.
    Juices were in the toiletries bag and all others vaping items scattered about a bit. Obviously they scan checked in luggage but considering what else is going to be in the cases my idea was they'd either have to be on the look out for it or you'd have to be unlucky.

There is actually a note on the check in desks about ecigarettes reminding you to ensure that they are in the hand luggage.
    Therefore I assume when you're leaving it may be ok but not if you're going.

In the research that I done before going articles that I read mentioned maximum fines of $5000 and/ or six months jail time!
    I'm hoping that a tourist could plead ignorance and apologise profusely but some of these countries do put the fear into me. I think I've watched Midnight Express to many times.

At the end of the day I suppose it's a case of user beware but if you decide to risk it be discreet.

One thing I've learnt is that I'm glad I don't live there because as sure as a bear poos in the woods I'd still be smoking if I did.

Judith and Noe like this.