1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Steve Thomas, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Hi guys. Well in may 2015 i came to vietnam and could not find anything here worthy of purchasing. Its now April 2016 and some people here have started online stores and 3 physical B&m stores around ho chi minh city.
    The stock is limited and a little dearer than back in oz, but there are now some decent mods and tanks about, and if you look through all the different stores(online) you will find something that will suit your needs. I am yet to find a mech mod anywhere. But i am in vietnam so im willing to pay the little bit extra.
    I found an online store that is close to where i am. Vape88.
    Found exactly what i was after...well sort of.... then rang them up thinking my wife could speak on my behalf. Turns out its an Aussie guy from perth. He is sorting me out with a limited edition gold snow wolf, a tfv4 with a 5 pack of triple coils, a charger, some batteries, and some 30ml bottles of juice. When i told him im an Aussie he gave me the charger and a bottle of juice for free. Plus he is coming to deliver it to my door within 30 minutes. Now that is not something you get at home!
    Short break as he showed up 10 minutes early.
    Really nice guy. Very friendly speedy service. All products are authentic. The snowwolf looks amazing in gold. The juice he brought that i am now vaping is his own juice made in america. It is vape88 hazelnut cookies 3mg. Can get upto 12mg.
    Tastes great.
    Im a happy vaper in vietnam.
    I was told vaping in vietnam is fine, however, the shops payoff the police to stay open. No pay they shut you down.
    Vape88 is online only for this reason. Mech mods are non existent because there is nobody here that wants them. Apparantly rebuilding is too much trouble for almost everyone. And that would highlight that people here want quick and easy vape with not too much mucking about.
    That is why there is such a limited range. Was great to meet a fellow vaper and aussie so far from home.
    Overall the experience of buying vape and vapegear here is definitely easier than in australia. I got nicotine liquid no problem and i can vape anywhere i want, including restaurants (yes i did ask first and the waiter said "yes its only vape, but no smoking"
    Smoking is definitely cheaper here by a mile, so i see a long struggle to get people to come over to vaping. But for the vaping tourist...it is well alive here now, if you are willing to pay a little (not too much) extra.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    margyb, KayP, Noe and 11 others like this.
  2. Steve Thomas

[​IMG]
    Snowwolf with tfv4. Ho chi minh city Vietnam

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

margyb, KayP, Angela and 6 others like this.
  3. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Great news Steve. Hope you are enjoying your reunion with your lovely wife. Have fun. :)

4. Steve Thomas

I am enjoying my reunion with my wife Donna. Not sure our hotel neighbours are enjoying our reunion as much as we are, but no noise complaints yet! :rofl:

crispernator, margyb, KayP and 5 others like this.
  5. Steve Thomas

One thing that was mentioned was vape88 liquid is made in usa and imported to vietnam by the owner. He said people here wont buy vietnamese or chinese liquid, but are happy to buy usa liquid. I found this interesting because we are so close to china here, i would have thought that liquid would be found dirt cheap here, but there is basically none. I guess aussies arent the only ones who hesitate to trust chinese liquid.

margyb, KayP, Angela and 3 others like this.
  6. Steve Thomas

[​IMG]
    Lefte to right:
    Decadent drops - Greed (choc nut cake) 84%vg 3mg
    Throttle Vapor - slumber (blackberry cream) 70vg/30pg 3mg
    Vape88 - Topaz (hazelnut donut) 70vg/30pg 3mg.

crispernator, KayP, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  7. Steve Thomas

[​IMG]
    The efest charger i got as a freebie.
    Also the 2 batteries i got were e fest 3500mah. Not sure if that mah rating is acurate. Probably not.

margyb, KayP, Pippi and 3 others like this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Efest make good chargers. They just rewrap batteries and overstate the specs though. Don't trust the amp ratings on the batts

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

9. Steve Thomas

So all up my gold LE snowwolf, tfv4 and 5 pack of triple coils, 3 bottles of 30ml flavoured 3mg, 2 e fest batteries, an efest digital charger pack, and a Vape88 cotton bag was about $300AUD.
    Im pretty happy with the cost considering it was delivered to my hotel door 20 minutes after i ordered it.

margyb, KayP, steve.c and 5 others like this.
  10. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Did you end up trying to take anything through customs Steve. I know you planned on smoking if you couldn't get anything there. Did you end up smoking?

Judith likes this.
  11. Steve Thomas

I had 3 smokes last night because the vape shops were closed when i got to my hotel. I almost puked. I used snuff on the plane and it worked awesomely. After i felt sick from smoking i used snuff for the rest of the night and for a bit this morning. As soon as my vape arrived ive only used vape.
    I didnt bring any vape with me at all because i thought i could go to a shop here straight away. But because it was Tuesday they closed at 5pm which i didnt count on. (Almost everything here is generally open until late at night) friday saturday and sunday they are open until 9pm

margyb, KayP, Pippi and 4 others like this.
  12. Steve Thomas

My snuff got through customs in vietnam. They didnt even ask me what it was. I think they saw the tobacco warnings on the tin i took and just expected it was tobacco.

margyb, KayP, Angela and 5 others like this.
  13. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Good work Steve.

Pippi, Judith, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Enjoy your stay Steve.

I was expecting a picture of you doing your best Sherlock Holmes impression with your smok pipe and deerstalker hat.

Steve Thomas, Pippi, emu and 2 others like this.
  15. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Yeah I felt sick after I had a couple of smokes after a funeral lately. How amazing! Good to see you're doing well. Have fun.

Steve Thomas, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  16. emu

emu Banned

Well done Steve thanks for sharing and have a great time mate :thumbup:

Steve Thomas, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  17. Harlequin

Harlequin Senior Member

Is Vape gear not allowed through Aussie customs or Vietnam? I've flown domestically with it and just had to remove the batteries...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve Thomas likes this.
  18. Steve Thomas

Yes you can bring it to vietnam. But i knew that a fair few vape shops had opened up here and decided i would get straight to one when i got here. As i said above i expected them to be open late enough for me to get some gear the day i arrived, but unfortunately they were closed.
    I didnt want to bring vapegear from home and have it end up in my luggage the whole trip.
    Im pretty stoked i got the gold snowwolf. It was on my should i or shouldnt i list. Having limited options made it an easy decision.

Harlequin and Judith like this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Glad you are having a good time Steve - dont forget you promised to message me some pics!

Steve Thomas likes this.
  20. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Glad to hear you had a safe journey @Steve Thomas and thank you for the shares. It cracked me up a few times.

Awesome haul you pulled in there. The Snow Wolf looks very nice in gold and a regular one would have set you back $150+ here anyway. In fact, some vendors are saying they may not be restocking them anymore.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and I wish you all the best.

Steve Thomas and Pippi like this.