1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Vaping in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Steve Thomas, Apr 13, 2016.

1. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Haha :)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Just when i thought i was getting better. Ended up back at the hospital with excruciating butt pain. After having an ultrasound (everyone has been joking when is my baby due because of my beer belly) i found out im not pregnant. I guess thats the good news (phew). I do have a problem with wall of my bowel. They wanted to do more tests and i told them to just give me more medicine to make sure i get home. Im on about 6 different meds. Last night was hell until they kicked in. At least now i can walk slowly but i feel sky high. I should be ok just for the flight home, then straight to the hospital for a probing. I just want go home. :cry:

margyb, DogMan, KayP and 1 other person like this.
  3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Oh Steve, I feel so sad for you but it is good that a problem has been found which may have been much worse later. Hope you get home safely and can get treatment really fast.

margyb, KayP and Steve Thomas like this.
  4. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

You need to get doctors letters stating you are fit to fly but need less pressure on your behind and then use your travel insurance to cover the cost of a upgrade on the flight home

Noe, KayP, Judith and 2 others like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Geez Steve, I really feel for you - one more sleep and you will be home, I hope the flight is ok and Family are picking you up from the airport. :(

KayP and Steve Thomas like this.
  6. Steve Thomas

With my luck at the moment i expect the plane to crash

7. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

No way! are you being picked up?

Steve Thomas likes this.
  8. Steve Thomas

On a positive note... i have the biggest haul of vapemail ever waiting for me at home. This will be better than christmas and the presents will most likely take even longer to unwrap. Cant wait.

Noe, KayP, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  9. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

10 years ago on a business trip to Chicago I had 24hrs to kill before my flight on Sunday arvo. I had been in Chicago for about 35 days so decided to chill in in the hotel. I decided to watch the weekend long marathon of Aircrash Investigation. It was only after I clear security that it clicked in my brain what I did. Thankfully I had lounge access and hit the bar for the free booze and the prior 24hrs was a distant memory. So my advice is just to start drinking now and if the unfortunate occurs you will be too drunk to notice let alone care

Steve Thomas, Noe, Judith and 2 others like this.
  10. embee

embee Senior Member U.S. Correspondent

Just got caught up on many pages of this thread. Incredible! Thanks for sharing your adventures, Steve. Really an amazing trip and seems like you were surrounded by great people.
    So very sorry about your illness. Please keep us posted, and get home safe!

p.s. I was very happy that when posting the buffet pics you showed desserts first. My kind of man.

11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Please rewrite your will before it does & leave all your snuff to me! :D

You'll be ok mate flying is safer than driving or drinking dodgey banana smoothies ;)

Pippi, Steve Thomas, sirfoxey and 2 others like this.
  12. Steve Thomas

Well im at the airport. About to leave. I can honestly say the last 2 times i came to vietnam i didnt want to leave. I even tried coming up with ideas and ways i could live here or retire here and still earn good money. I have to be honest though and although spending time with family here is always great, this time i just want to go home. Today was our 1st year wedding anniversary and i was in too much pain to go anywhere or do anything. This pain in the butt is a real pain in the butt! I dont think dinner counts when the airport options are pizza or burger king. We went for the royal dinner, but not romantic at all unless you call me sharing my wifes coke romantic. Sure ive had some great times here this trip and the big buddha was the highlight. But the illness just wrecked my body this time round. So lets start this plane and get me the hell back home to Australia. Warm sunny days, beaches, bbq's, cricket. Oh thats right its winter in Victoria! Bugger that im staying here in vietnam where its 36 degrees! Just kidding. See all you guys soon when my butts all better!
    Gooooooooooddddnight Vietnam'

margyb, Noe, DogMan and 5 others like this.
  13. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Bummer.

Noe, sirfoxey and KayP like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Safe travels Steve, its just shitful that it ended this way. :cry:

Steve Thomas, Noe, sirfoxey and 2 others like this.
  15. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Lovely sentiment, but the harshest pun ever seen:sillygrin:

margyb, Steve Thomas, Judith and 3 others like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Safe journey mate.

Won't make you feel any better but if I lived in Melbourne I'd offer to pick you up with several soft cushions and buckets in case of emergencies.

Get back home into a familiar environment and I'm sure that will see your recent problems into a distant memory.

17. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I guess that all depends on how hallucinogenic the experience was, did you share the same straw?

:rofl:

Steve Thomas and sirfoxey like this.
  18. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

:hide:

Aqualung, Steve Thomas and Judith like this.
  19. Steve Thomas

Made it home sweet home. A couch has never felt better. A shower never felt cleaner. There is no place like home.

Gasman, Aqualung, KayP and 7 others like this.
  20. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Are you still crook?