Vaping Man Bags

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by sirfoxey, Nov 4, 2016.

1. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Shortly after I started vaping I went from using a oversized paperclip as a money clip/card wallet to a Carabiner and 2 zip pouch. This was fine for my tootle puffer as it had a pocket for the mod and tank and another for a spare battery and cash/cards.
    Then a few months ago I borrowed (stole if you asked the wife) her weekend handbag which barely at a stretch passes as man bag. This had room in the main pocket for my massive 8x 18650 2 usb port mobile power bank (for recharging my phone when out for 4-5hrs pokemon hunting) a bottle/can of drink. Another pocket with inner sleeves designed for pens etc. Which I use though to hold a spare atty in 1, another atty filled with 1 flavour of juice, another for 4 charged spare batteries, another for juices and in the final 1 spare pre built coils. I also stuff into it a snap lock back with strips of cotton and tools for rebuilding my atty on the run should I stupidly burn a wick.
    In the 3rd and final zip pocket I put my cash/cards, house keys etc.

So what I am looking for suggestions on, is a well designed bag much like the above which is not a handbag but a man bag, so I don't look like some sort of weird bogan metal head carrying a handbag around. Do any of the other folks here have a perfect vaping man bag they use?

Pippi and emu like this.
  2. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Have a look on wish if they dont have one you want no one will here's a cool man bag
    I think you'll like Fashion Style Men Military Small Canvas Satchel Shoulder Bag School Backpack Messenger Bag Travel Hiking Backpack Handbags. Add it to your wishlist!

http://www.wish.com/c/579c64e57602aa064fa752df

Or if you need something bigger
    I think you'll like Tactical Sling Bag Assault Rucksack Outdoor Pack Messenger Backpack Men's Bag Women's Bag. Add it to your wishlist!

http://www.wish.com/c/54a8f8824274a27be9a5b737

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Maria, emu and sirfoxey like this.
  3. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

@Noe and Old Grump were discussing, with pics, a very manly, man bag for vaping.
    I just can't remember where it was.

Pippi, emu and sirfoxey like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I can't view stuff there before I sign up! :confused:

That was this one http://www.gearbest.com/accessories/pp_308642.html?wid=21

[​IMG]

Which is not quite what it sounds like he is after, it's good but more of a belt pouch.

This is probably more in line with what he described:
    http://www.gearbest.com/accessories/pp_400634.html?wid=21

[​IMG]

Or for a few $ more, what looks to be the same bag full of tools:
    http://www.gearbest.com/vapor-tools/pp_368009.html?wid=21

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maria, margyb and Aqualung like this.
  5. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Sorry been posting a dud link i thorght it would work it must be because im loged in when i post it if you serch
    wish.com
    It should be the first link that pops up

6. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Close @Noe and yeah can't view items without signing up @Wanda :(

I will take some snaps of the bag I "borrowed" from the wife which is perfect just too handbag like in the morning. Currently said bag is located in the bedroom where a very sick monster is sleeping and the thought of disturbing said monster will ensure my sleeping location is the couch tonight.

margyb, Pippi, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  7. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Trying to get some photos up but photo bucket is playing up again will keep at it,
    There down for maintenance again.
    well if you google wish.com you are able to view products befor signing up if you wanted to check it out

8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

This brings me to a constant problem.

I have a perpetual fear of not having a vape during a working day which obviously results in a response of sorts.

My usual thought is to bring enough mods etc with me (usually 3) but that constitutes leaving 2 in the van in the cab heating up. Therefore I think logically in my opinion to put said 2 mods in shade in the back of the van. Problem is I forget where I put them or risk damaging them whilst rummaging for tools.

I've experimented with putting the excess in a cooling bag as in for any lunch etc but due to the constant movement I often find that an atty has leaked or similar. I have thought it must be easy for a female ( I appreciate that's sexist) as they can carry a handbag without a second look.

On the other hand if I earnt money in an office environment, and I'm not suggesting a female has to earn a living that way,could I vape when I desired... Probably not.

If I broke a smoke when I was smoking it was a PITA but not the end of the world whereas if I break the glass on a $40 atty I am pissed off.

I've been using cage mods which definitely help but earning a dollar can be a pain when you're a vaper in my experience.

Just an observation.

9. Noe

The first link I posted above, would probably be great for your situation, this pouch is very sturdy, it can hold 2x single 18650 mods (eg Evic Mini or UD Balrog, I tested having one of each of these in it) or a dual 18650 mod + a 18650 tube mech mod (or regulated tube mod of similar size) in the main compartment, closed by a flap with velcro & an AIO or Icare Mini in the open side pouch & has a very strong metal belt clip :

[​IMG]

This is the exact same one I have & I was genuinely & pleasantly surprised at how well it is made, when it arrived.
    With this you could unclip it from your belt & sit it next to you in the front of the van, then clip it onto your belt as you exited. The AIO or Icare will fit where they show a bottle of juice in the above pics, if using 2x 18650 regulated mods you would put them into the front part of the closed section, it won't leave enough room in the back sections for anything doing that though.
    There are also tanks that have metal tank sections instead of glass or a metal shroud over the glass, which greatly reduce the chances of the tank breaking.

Maria, Angela and Gasman like this.
  10. Noe

TBH, I didn't look hard, just used the search function on GearBest, for Advken to find the pouch I have, because that was where I bought it from & saw the shoulder bag as I scrolled through the Advken brand products, it was the first one I saw LOL
    I'm sure there will be other similar types of manly looking bags around but having found what looked like it would fit the bill, I stopped searching.

11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks Noe and I have read your post with interest but am a little concerned it's a bit cumbersome.

I've had a few ideas in regards to protecting glass tanks and once any prototype is tested I will post a picture or two.
    Nothing that's going to shake the vape world and only a very basic idea but worth a go.

I do have a few tanks that offer more protection with no glass but I want the best of both worlds as I like to be able to see my remaining juice level.

Actually on Tuesday I lifted an old wooden pallet and somehow managed to completely flick my mod out of my top pocket and send it flying into the air landing with a horrible thump. I was using a Tesla stealth mod with a Crius tank inside the cage.
    The mod took a few scratches but incredibly the tank escaped unscathed. Obviously it managed to land correctly which was lucky but it's prompted me to try and devise something so I'm also not stuck with using cage mods during the day.

12. Noe

Really, if you are using a dual 18650 mod, you shouldn't need 2 back up devices, one should be plenty & the pouch I have isn't cumbersome at all.
    I can try taking a pic of me wearing it with a dual 18650 mod & a back up mech mod inside it, if you like but I will need to put some pants on ;)

sirfoxey likes this.
  13. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I would like a groovy man bag too - those mod bags dont cut it.
    I never leave home without at least four mods ( I have a fear of something unexpected happening and being caught without a vape) They get jumbled up in my bag and sometimes self fire in there.
    So something with good pockets to hold vape gear, preferably black, sleek and stylish.

Angela, sirfoxey, Noe and 2 others like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I rarely bring a dual battery device whilst working due to the size. I figure bring a single and a spare battery is more suitable for me.
    I'm also in the same boat as Pippi as I rarely leave home without 3 devices in case of any dramas.
    OTT I know but it gives me peace of mind!

DogMan likes this.
  16. Noe

I have peace of mind, when I am carrying a mech mod & 3 x 18650 batts.
    If I am using a dual 18650 regulated mod & it malfunctions or breaks, I know that my mech is virtually indestructible & it also has 2x 18650s inside, which can be used in the mech (just make sure to drain them equally before recharging to keep them paired) if the mech's battery runs out of power. However I find that a single 18650 with 2500mah is going to last me most of the day but certainly it would last me for an entire (regular) shift.

If carried in the pouch, the size of the dual 18650 mod is not going to be an impairment, like it would be in a pocket & there is no chance of it flying out of the pouch if you close the velcro down with the mod inside, its a nice large strip of velcro that ensures a good bit of effort is needed to open it, it's noit hard to open when you want to but its got plenty of grip to prevent accidental opening.
    If you somehow mange to catch the underside of the puch with something & send it "sailing" (very highly unlikely, IF you did catch something beneath it like this it would most likely just drop to the ground) the pouch is going to offer some impact resistance & prevent scratches to the devices inside, nothing is going to fly out of the pouch.

Gasman likes this.
  17. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Pippi likes this.
  18. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

If I am going to the local shops and back I take my mod and spare mod and set of spare batteries and two bottles of juice. If I am going out longer then I take another bottle or two of juice and also take spare atty x2, coils, wire, wick, tools etc etc
    So the above bags should fit that with suitable pockets and pouches in the pockets to safely and neatly organise it all with space for wallets, keys, water, battery charger

Pippi likes this.
  19. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

I use the one that wanda has shown in the first post but i didnt pay that price ,ebay is your friend .i now have three

Pippi likes this.
  20. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator