1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping rant. Thinking of quitting.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by MrMonk, Nov 10, 2017.

1. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been told that my Geekvape Aegis can take a large variety of tanks so if mine isn’t working for me I guess it won’t be too bad to change over to something else.
    Can I ask why you didn’t like the Crown tank?

I plan on PIF my 70VG 30PG to another vaper who helped me out since I unfortunatlyncant use PG. It will cost me a little to send it but I think it’s nice to help other and show appeciation to other vaper’s.

Yeah it costs quite a bit of money to find out works for you but as you say it’s worth it for the sake of better help.

All in all the hobby side of this is growing on me now that I have some community connection.
    Thanks for your interaction.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Flea, Pippi and iamTezr like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

it leaked and was too airy for me - plus I like vapes to look good and it was fugly!
    But dont take my word for it - many love the crown - still reckon a Nautilus 2 might suit your needs :) and Fyi I dont have one - had four and piffed or sold them but I know they work for other Vapers.

MrMonk likes this.
  3. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Ahhh ok, I see. Well I will most definitely keep the Nautilus 2 in mind for sure. I feel pretty comfortable with the Aspire brand. Their customer service is great. I had a few questions in the beginning and emailed them 47890000 times (not really, more like 5-6) and they were extremely helpful. Thanks for the response Pippi.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  4. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

I’ve been thinking more about the Aspire Nautilus 2 tank that you recommended. As an overly cautious sub ohm beginner I feel like I should have gotten that with the Aspire Zelos because it’s not overly powerful, I don’t have to worry about which battery to buy plus I really trust Aspire. What do you think of the Zelos/Nautilus 2 combo?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Pippi likes this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I think it would be a good starter setup - I haven't tried the Zelos but they seem to be getting good reports - I like aspire too and still use my mini Nautilus tank every day :)

Noe and MrMonk like this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Oh and you can still use the Nauti 2 with your geek vape mod - just make sure the watts are turned down.

MrMonk likes this.
  7. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I have the zelos kit and I love it to pieces. It has even replaced my beloved Plato as my favourite kit.

Thing I love about. They way it looks. Easy to fill. Easy to clean. Reliable. Is compatible with a large range of coils from 1.8, 1.6, 1.2 ( which is what I use and also Max from the Steamery has been using these as his taste tanks) and .7 ohms.

Things I don't like about it. I need a second one as the battery is built in but that does make it light and comfortable to hold.

MrMonk, Noe, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  8. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I really dislike internal battery devices, because in my view they are "disposable", when the battery inside dies the entire mod becomes landfill. However I can see the appeal to some people of these devices & the Zelos is one I even considered trying myself. I have not seen one up close but from what I have seen on youtube or in pictures it looks like a very stylish device with nice features.
    One thing I think they did really good with the tank that comes in the Zelos kit was to provide the metal shield around the glass tank, this means the tank has some accident resistance & is less likely to break from minor falls etc.

However, I think if MrMonk already has the GeekVape Aegis on its way & as he has posted complaining about the expense for newbies to vaping, then it would make little sense to buy the Zelos. He already has a back up device in the CF VV & the Aegis is by all accounts a good mod too.
    Although, getting the Nautilus 2 tank makes more sense, as having more tank options means a better chance he would find one he really enjoys.

MrMonk, Gasman and Pippi like this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

not my specialty area

but i agree with others that aspire pretty much lead the way for newbie gear, i often try other people's kits at vape meets etc, and they are very good devices

just on the crowns though, the version one was the best of the 3 releases

MrMonk, iamTezr and Gasman like this.
  10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I never bothered with versions 2 or 3 but have 3 X V1 and the mini and truly find them a magnificent tank.
    RBA decks work and stock coils are quite easy to rebuild.

Personally I dial the afc right down but do enjoy a very flavourable and consistent vape from the V1.

MrMonk and DogMan like this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I recently had personal experience of this and have for the most part avoided mods with inbuilt batteries for that exact reason.
    When my Coolfire 4 recently died your advice was actually ringing in my ears!

However for a transitional vaper I believe an inbuilt battery is the way to go because it's confusing enough to start of with. I believe most just want to buy something that's simple and cheap enough without the added expense of batteries and a charger.

MrMonk, Flea, Noe and 2 others like this.
  12. Noe

If a transitional vaper starts with a Pockex or similar AIO, I think that is the way to go, simple to use, built in battery, all of what you said.
    However, I think that the Zelos & similar mods aren't the next logical step, rather I think they are an alternative to an AIO, due to having the in-built battery, much like the VV Evod pen batts were an alternative to the non-VV Evod pen batts.
    There really is not a lot separating the Zelos & the Pockex, except that the Zelos has VW, slightly higher mah & can be used with different tanks - this last can just add to the confusion.

IMO the next logical step, for most, is something along the lines of the Zelos for simplicity but with replaceable 18650 batts, something that will cost a little more initially due to the need to buy the batteries & charger but that in the long term is going to work out cheaper.
    I recently got a new vaper started on a Pockex, 2 or 3 weeks later he wanted to upgrade so I tried to advise him to go for something reasonably priced & simple to understand but after seeing my DNA250 ThinkVape Finder mod, which isn't cheap or a simple device, he decided he wanted one too. Sure it may take a little more getting used to for him but I think he'll be fine with it after a couple of weeks of use & in the early stages if something strange happens with the mod he can always use his Pockex & get in contact with me or ask on forums to sort the issue out.

So no, I don't think the Zelos is the next logical step, it may be for vapers that want to keep it simple & who can't afford the added cost of batteries & charger but then I look at that expense as a temporary problem, if they could afford to smoke then surely they can afford to put some money aside each week for batteries & a charger. Anyone who smoked 2 or more packs per week should certainly be able to put enough aside for that purpose & have enough saved within a month (probably less), I'm sure if they were smoking they'd find a way to buy more cancer sticks.

Gasman likes this.
  13. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Thank you for the feedback. It’s much appreciated.

14. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Hello Noe!
    Thanks again for your feedback.
    With regards to my Geekvape I’m too scared to use it at the moment so I got the Zelos. Vaping has been costly but I decided to cut back on a few other things in my life until I get to my happy vaping place. Fortunalty some of the Aspire products are interchangeable like the chargers so that helps. I can see what you mean about the internal battery. I guess I chose to get the Zelos because I think it’s good for new sub ohmers to buy a device where it’s all put together. Even charging a battery for my Geekvape is not what I’m use to with my Nautilus Mini. And the thought of buying a battery is too overwhelming for me at the moment and I want to continue vaping so I’m taking slow steps.
    I never noticed the metal cage around the Nautilus 2 tank but now that I do I’m happy about it because like you say it offers additional protection.

Pippi, Noe and DogMan like this.
  15. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Just a shout out to thank everyone for all the replies. I have terrible anxiety but I’ve felt comfortable communicating with everyone on here so thanks for that. I hope this thread becomes useful to anyone new to vaping or anyone looking into sub ohming. It’s an awesome community to be apart of.

Pippi, Noe, Gasman and 2 others like this.
  16. Noe

Getting the right batteries & a good charger isn't hard if you listen to advice from experienced vapers on forums.
    Yes we all may have different ideas but when it comes to batteries & safety, there really is only a handful of products that the majority of us use.

MrMonk, Pippi and Gasman like this.
  17. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Like Noe explains we are all individuals with individual preferences but the important thing is that you've bought products that you are happy with. Just remember that each time you take a vape you're not smoking and I'm sure things will work out for you. Good luck and enjoy.

Noe, Flea and Pippi like this.
  18. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Hello I was wondering if you might be able to answer a few questions regarding your Aspire Zelos.

I know it’s important not to overdrain the battery so I’m wondering if I am suppose to watch out for specific numbers on the device screen or will it just say low battery or something when it needs to be charged?

I have two Aspire Wall Chargers.
    The 500mA and the 1000mA but I’m not sure which to use?

I don’t really understand how to calculate which chargers to use inless I see specifically use with ?amp.
    I have an Aspire Nautilus Mini as well with the Aspire EGO 1000mAh battery and the charging voltages say Charging voltages (inputs): 4.2V / 420mA
    I can’t visually see how I would have calculated to use the 500mA charger that came with it so I’m more confused with the Zelos.

I just know in the Zelos booklet that it says maximum current can reach up to 1A.

Maybe battery life would be extended
    If I used the 500mA over the 1000mA?

Sorry for all the questions :(

I have already sent enough emails to Aspire and fear they are getting annoyed with me :(

Pippi likes this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Tagging Annette for you mr Monk @Nico and Laughter

MrMonk likes this.
  20. MrMonk

MrMonk New Member

Hey Pip maybe you can help me. I’m trying to use my Zelos with the Nautilus 2 tank & o.7 ohm coils but I am so confused with all these new functions vw, vv, bypass & TC.
    I only just worked out what they all mean...my coil is 0.7 ohm and says 18-23 watt so I guess I know what wattage is suited to the coil but have no idea what temperature to use? Do I need to follow any guidelines for safety or is it just preference?
    My device is showing 0.0 volts which seems weird.
    The battery is fully charged.
    Not sure what voltage to select for these coils as they don’t say. Maybe it’s automatic as in the voltage will adjust to the coils?
    I know your device might be different so no pressure to answer specifics.
    I’d just appreciate any guidance at all :)