Vaping rant. Thinking of quitting.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by MrMonk, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Only just saw this, so sorry for the late reply.

If your coil is 0.7ohm then it is not a temp control coil.
    Set the mod into VW mode (should have been the default mode when you got it), set your wattage to 18W, vape away, if the vapor production or taste isn't quite right try adjusting the wattage up 1W at a time, with a few test vapes until you find where it is best. If the vapor starts to taste burnt, back the wattage down 2-3W, if you don't it will burn the coil & your coil will never produce a good vape when burnt(replacing the coil will solve that).

You do not need to set the volts, it's an automatic readout, you can mostly just ignore it in fact.
    When the device shows "low battery" or similar on the screen it is time to recharge it.

Use the charger that came in the package with the Zelos, if you don't remember which that was, then the safe option is the 500ma charger.

MrMonk and Flea like this.
  2. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

Thank you for taking the time to help me make sense out of my questions.
    I have made notes from your knowledge so it is being put to use by me.
    I know other people will benefit from your knowledge too.

Pippi and Noe like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Hi Monk, Just ignore all the settings apart from VW to start with. You dont need temp control when vaping such low watts.
    Just start again after turning the mod off and back on again - following instructions for how to set it to normal mode.
    I would not go much higher than 18watts with the 0.7 coil as I found I burnt mine at higher but it also doesn't work so well at lower than 18watts.
    If you are in VW mod then you have no need to worry about the VV setting as it is indeed automatic.
    I find it easier to have all my vapes set in VW mod as its easy to be sure it matches the coils capability.

Remember to adjust your watts if you switch to the 1.8ohm coil that also came with the Nautilus 2 as it will burn the coil at 18watts which is annoying as you waste the coil and get a dry nasty hit. I personally prefer the 1.8 ohm coil and use those ones every day but you need to try both to see what works for you.
    Hope that helps, Sorry I dont know much about the Zelos but most of those types of mods with built in Batteries work on the same principles.

Flea, MrMonk and DogMan like this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

eek, sorry I missed that Noe had already replied to you - I will leave mine there anyway but we are saying the same thing I think :)

Flea, MrMonk and DogMan like this.
  5. MrMonk

MrMonk Member

Noe replied but I still value your response & it’s always nice to get another reply
    Thanks Pip.

Pippi likes this.