1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping with Uncle Sam

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Gasman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Bravo gassy :clap:

Has been a good journey just reading.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi, Flea and Gasman like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks Dogman.

I've got a few more to post yet and am going to have more hanging around than expected so as long as there's wifi I'll post again to try and finish off.

3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

As mentioned before we've got a bit of time to kill and its started already as we can't leave the hotel for another hour due to the shuttle times and check out.
    So I'll utilise the time to put a few more pictures up.

We went to an area called Fremont which appeared to me to be an older area and one that I recognised from movies etc.

It's situated north of Las Vegas Blvd and in between looks more 'normal '

On the way the bus drove past this which seemed a bit extraordinary to me.

[​IMG]

A few from the Fremont strip which was similar but on an older and smaller scale.
    I would suggest it's the not so rich persons Vegas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I couldn't tell you at what time but all of a sudden it comes alive with an overhead type projector type show with accompanying music which is very impressive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next picture will seem similar to the one below and it is but I wanted to highlight this structure as its a tower that we walked up. The reason being management had booked us in to complete "The Fremont Experience " which is a zip line that you're hooked onto and you literally fly down above the whole thing.
    I was offered to wear a helmet with a gopro on ( for an extra cost of course) but I was under no obligation to buy the resulting video so I agreed.

[​IMG]

The resulting video was amazing so we decided to buy it for an additional $60. You're hooked up with all your belongings in a bag and away you go. It lasts about 90 seconds I'd imagine but it certainly is an experience.
    The kids loved it and reckon I looked petrified.

[​IMG]

The tower is in the background and you are attached to those wires that can be seen against the roof which is made of who knows what.
    I intended to get a picture of other people coming down it but kept missing them.

The Mother In Laws going to have kittens when she watches the video.

KayP, margyb, Judith and 3 others like this.
  4. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Just waiting to board the plane from Vegas to LA and have got some random pictures to put up.

Gone are the days when all you had to do was spend a penny.

[​IMG]

A couple of What The????

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of Australiana

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And another couple from the helicopter journey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KayP, embee, margyb and 2 others like this.
  5. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Beautiful pics mate :)

Gasman likes this.
  6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Thank you Gasman. I have enjoyed your trip a LOT. :tiphat:

Gasman likes this.
  7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Landed in LA and waiting to board the plane to Sydney. By the time the plane reached its cruising altitude of 24000 ft it seemed almost immediately that the captain announced we were descending.
    Probably such a low altitude due to the short distance involved.

As I'm waiting I'd thought I'd try and get some pictures on from Eagles Point in The Grand Canyon which were in my opinion offered some of the best views.

I may have to leave this half finished dependent on when were called to board.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to go to the gate.

I may get a chance to add to this later

KayP, embee, btobw and 3 others like this.
  8. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Great pic's U.S.A is on my bucket list. Interesting stuff about vaping. Thank's for sharing.

Gasman likes this.
  9. Gem

Gem Member

Hi Gasman,
    What a wonderful adventure that you have been on.
    Thankyou very much for sharing. I have very much enjoyed following your travels and wish you a very safe trip home to WA.
    Gem :)

DogMan and Gasman like this.
  10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'm back but probably won't finish.

Eagle Point has an elongated semi circular glass skywalk which literally lets you walk out over the canyon and stare down at a 4000 ft drop.

It was extremely disconcerting to look down and see your feet seemingly hovering and looking down from that height.
    A lot of people were slowly walking around the outside which has darker glass and holding onto that rail for dear life.

Of course you can't take cameras as they take pictures of your party and extract more cash from you if you want them.
    It also has extreme security measures which reminded me of airport security and I even had to put my ego in a locker as it was detected.
    Fair enough, I'd rather be safe.

Some views of it from a little distance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That bloke who was sitting on the edge was at Eagles Point and so were these enormous crevices which surprised me as it would have been very easy to trip or even fall down them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quite surprisingly it would be very easy to trip or simply loose your foot in these enormous cracks. There was big pieces of rock spanning the gaps so you could walk across but that's it.

I'm going to leave this now and finish the job in Sydney (Hopefully).

KayP, embee, Pippi and 3 others like this.
  11. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Have a safe trip hope mate!!! :)

12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Arrived in Sydney safe and sound and so did my juices.
    Just as I finished by previous post I say a bloke vaping in the terminal bold as brass blowing some big clouds.
    I was going to take a picture but thought better of it.

Just got to get to Perth now and I'll be happy.

I was watching the flight details screen as we were landing and looked out specifically at 4000 ft and thought that's what the drop off the Grand Canyon skywalk was.
    Kind of put it into perspective.

Unfortunately my iPad wouldn't charge for the whole journey so I can't finish this now. The kids have never been to Sydney anyway so we want them to see some sights while we're here.
    I wanted to complete it whilst in America but time was just to limited,although I tried believe me.

My family have been extracting the urine because I always used to out of them with Facebook etc.

KayP, DogMan, embee and 5 others like this.
  13. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'm going to finish this off here with a few more photos.

This place also offered some tremendous views but to be fair everywhere you looked in The Grand Canyon took your breath away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've loads more but I reckon I've overdone it now so that's it for The Grand Canyon.

I'll just pop a couple more in.
    This one was taken on the journey back over the desert and I was astounded to see that people actually do live in the middle it considering its one of the hottest places in the world.
    I confirmed this with the pilot. From what I can see it's a transportable but still bugger that!!

[​IMG]

I'll finish off with another one from Las Vegas Blvd taken on our last night.

[​IMG]

Ok that's it, I'll sign off from this now as I think I've done it to death.
    I've attempted to keep it as factual and lighthearted as possible and can only apologise for the quality of some of the pictures.

The 9/11 memorial being the obvious exception which was by far the most moving place I have ever seen without any family connections.
    I can't put into words how I felt standing in the actual place it all happened,reading the stories and seeing real people's belongings and work related items.
    I found it hard to fight back tears on several occasions.

I hope at least some of you found my efforts worth looking at.

And it's back to reality for me tomorrow but this has been an experience of a lifetime which has helped to put my recent bad times behind me and hopefully it's back to some decent work and more importantly people that I have to work with.

KayP, embee, Flea and 1 other person like this.
  14. btobw

btobw Member

I've loved your posts, Gasman. Visiting the US without having to spend money - perfect :) Thank you for all the effort you put in!

Gasman likes this.
  15. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Meth lab? :sillygrin:

Thanks again Gasman, I have really enjoyed your trip.

embee and Gasman like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I didn't think of that.
    Good point.

Mind you I didn't see Walter White (Breaking Bad) running around in his underwear.

KayP, embee, Judith and 2 others like this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Thanks Mr Gas, I have enjoyed my proxy USA holiday immensely. Thanks for taking us along - I hope you realise you will need to invite us all for every OS trip now ;)

Gasman likes this.
  18. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I have a copy of that picture. Your photos are amazing.

Gasman likes this.
  19. embee

embee Senior Member U.S. Correspondent

All the Grand Canyon photos just blow me away. Ahh, the awesome power of nature...

I'm so happy for you and your family Gasman. Hope the return to normal life goes smoothly. :)

Gasman likes this.
  20. RC.

RC. Senior Member

That was a great journey Gassypants.

Thanks for taking the time.

There is nothing like other peoples holiday slideshows.:)

That was a joke.

I really did enjoy every photo and especially the funny commentary.

Gasman likes this.