1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

VCA AFL Tipping Competition 2017

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Noe, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I know this season is just about over but I thought while people still had the current season in mind that planning now for next season would be the right time, so everyone was ready in 2017.

So firstly who wants to take part?
    If there is not enough interest, then the idea can be scrapped but I am pretty sure we have enough members that will want in :)

We'll use this site for placing tips (may not be viewable until the start of the 2017 season): https://tipping.afl.com.au/tipping/index.html#/tipping
    It's self managed, free & allows everyone to get their tips in on time, without any arguments over "you didn't write my tips in properly" etc etc.
    You'll need to sign up to the site, then get the code from me in PM for the private VCA tipping competion page or you won't be able to find it.

To join the VCA comp you will need to :

Register & be logged in on tipping.afl.com.au

Click the "comps" tab

Click "join a comp"

Enter the code given to you in PM.

You should then be able to see the VCA tipping competition & the other tipsters in it.
    To enter your tips click the "tipping" tab, make your selections & your tips will count for all the tipping "comps" you have entered on afl.com's site.

*Note the 2016 season is ended, thus the VCA tipping comp link is no longer valid, we will start a new comp for 2017 a few weeks prior to the first game of the season but the above instructions will still need to be followed then.
    Meanwhile, anyone interested in taking part in next year's competition should post in this thread to have their name added to the list :)

Prizes:
    The best prize for the winner is of course bragging rights but if we all chipped in a nominal amount, I'm sure we could organise some prizes for the winner & maybe even a couple of runners up & wooden spoon prizes.

Copy the list, put your name down & I'll edit this post below to add you to it:

1. Noe
    2. Pippi
    3. Dogman
    5. Angela
    5. Sirfoxey
    6. Steve Thomas
    7. Judith
    8. Maria

If anyone has some ideas for how this could work or for prizes or anything else, let's discuss it below :)

Just over 2 weeks to join for the 2017 season, join here: https://tipping.afl.com.au/tipping/index.html#/comp/16455/about?code=M29R3WYX

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Maria and Steve Thomas like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I dont follow the footy Noe, but I will choose a team and have a go just for fun.

4. Noe

Erm, Pippi you don't have to follow football but it helps if you know a little bit about the teams.
    the tipping competition will mean you need to pick a winner from 9 games each week, 9/9 wins will get you 9 points 8/9wins will get you 8 points etc. The points accumulate over the entire season (23 games) to eventually decide the winner of the tipping competition.

Maria likes this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Just start a league at afl.com.au tipping, or murdoch press tipping IMO. That way people only have to put their regular tips they do for work, mates etc, but the league seperates you into a separate comp. Give out the league code to participants. I think people can join up to 5 leagues with one login and only have to place tips once.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Maria likes this.
  6. Noe

I like the look of that, have you used it Doggie?

7. DogMan

DogMan Butler

yeah, it is one of the popular ones

i usually forget, so do better just tipping the whole season round 1

if you miss a week, it defaults to all home teams for you, 2 weeks i think half home, half away teams

8. Noe

It says it is all away teams :

3. If an Eligible Entrant:
    • does not submit a tip for a given Match in a Round, then the Eligible Entrant's tip for that Match will be deemed to be for the away team with a maximum of 5 correct tips per Round;
    • enters the Game after the commencement of the first Round, then the Eligible Entrant’s tips for those Rounds that have been completed will be deemed to be for the away teams with a maximum of 5 correct tips per Round;
    • does not enter a margin for a Margin Game, then the Eligible Entrant’s Margin Difference will be the average margin of all the margins submitted by Eligible Entrant’s in that Round.

DogMan likes this.
  9. Noe

Just to clarify, if you don't put in any tips for a round, you would automatically get all 9 away teams as your tips.
    If all 9 away teams win, you would only be given 5 points = 5wins if you didn't put your tips in, if you happened to put your tips in & picked 9 away teams & they all won, you'd get 9 points.
    Generally, the away team is seen to have a lower chance of winning due to home ground advantage.

DogMan likes this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I know there is a team called The Doggies, I know Geelong Cats because @Steve Thomas has the theme song on his phone and also every one around my neck of the woods is Geelong Mad - I know Collingwood because everyone hates them - I am thinking that should be sufficient football knowledge to get me through.
    :whistling:

Steve Thomas, Judith and Noe like this.
  11. Noe

Steve should join in the tipping comp, I'm sure he'd have fun :)
    @Angela should join in too, she lives in VIC & should get on board with her State's favorite game ;)

Judith, Angela and Pippi like this.
  12. Noe

Bumping to see if more people are interested in this.

Plus I have made a private VCA test tipping competition on the AFL site @DogMan suggested, for the remaining 2 rounds of this year, the site is here: https://tipping.afl.com.au/tipping/index.html#/tipping
    If you want to join that test comp you will need to PM me to get the code or you won't be able to find the competition's page.

Judith and DogMan like this.
  13. Noe

Well 3 people does not a competition make.

I know the VIC rally has held most people's attention over the last few days but I thought we would have had more people interested enough to add their names for this :(

DogMan likes this.
  14. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Got to like aerial ping pong I guess to sign up. Haven't followed AFL since well before it was even called AFL. Guess there are many here which have as much interest in AFL as I do :hmmm:

Judith likes this.
  15. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Noe, I cant even find the website to sign up - which one is it?and yes lots has been going on in Vic - time is limited :)

16. Noe

17. Noe

You don't have to follow AFL to join in the fun.
    I thought this would help set this forum apart from others a little, in that we do things outside of just vaping, as a community.

Judith likes this.
  18. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

I will look at joining and see if I can get better than last spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noe and Pippi like this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ok, after some confusion I have joined up - now how do I place my tips????? and who is playing this week!

Noe and Judith like this.
  20. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

:clap: