1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

VCA AFL Tipping Competition 2017

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Noe, Aug 14, 2016.

1. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Not sure pip. Bit distracted.

We were lucky to win. Doggies play badly up north in the humidity

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi likes this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

[​IMG]

Noe and Pippi like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lol - I give up - never going to topple Noe - only got one wrong this round :mad:
    on the up side, you are sneaking up the ranks and Ange is nestled safely at the bottom :bolt:

4. Angela

Angela ...

I keep forgetting about it. :blush:

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

You caught me by 1 this weekend, stupid Eagles should have won, they played well, got in front then dozed off letting the Saints back in front, after that it was an arm wrestle & the game could easily have gone either way. A good game to watch appart from the Eagles taking a nap, its a good thing I wasn't holding anything at the time, the TV may have been in danger...

On a sad note, I didn't win my fantasy grand final & I lost the other 3 finals, 2 of which were elimination finals. I pretty much knew I wasn't a big chance to win this week, 4 weeks ago I had 6 players sitting on my bench & I was moving along comfortably, looking strong, then every week since my team has had injuries & suspensions, so that I went into this round (even after making the 2 allotted trades each week) with a bench full of injured or suspended players & no one left as emergencies...
    I had ubber premium player Pat Dangerfield sitting on my bench this week, costing over 700k he represents about 6% of my team worth & has been a consistent scorer, alongside him I had one of the ruckmen I had playing last week on the bench injured & I had to trade the other ruckman I had playing last week so I could bring in an uninjured ruckman & I had not choice but to play the emergency ruckman I have who I knew would score low(and he did).
    My luck in the last month in fantasy has been atrocious to say the least, however I am not too disheartened, thisis my rookie year as a fantasy coach & I made finals in all 4 leagues I took part in, plus the gand final in one & I am still in with a chance in another of making the grand final. With all things considered I'd call this year a success, even if I don't make it to or win the grand final in my remaining league, I always considered this year to be a bit of a practise run & next year I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing.
    Oh & yeah my team in AFL Fantasy is called : The Dancing Pandas :panda:

6. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Bugger - I tipped Richmond and those pesky cats won :faint:

7. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Next year we will give you weekly alerts to tip - me thinks you dont have much chance of getting off the bottom now. :hug:

Angela likes this.
  8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Still only one dud tip this round - but three more games to go - Doubt I will topple Noe from the lofty heights at the top of his gilded ladder. :violin:

DogMan likes this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

I have 3 wrong already :blush:

Pippi likes this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

:hug:

DogMan likes this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Oh for Pharks sake - we are never going to topple Noe from his perch :mad:

[​IMG]

Noe and DogMan like this.
  12. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

You missed a game, I tipped a "perfect" round 9/9 :D
    If I can do that for 2 more weeks I might get my average/round up to 6, where I expect it to be but I doubt that will happen this year :(

I won my fantasy football final this week, so made it to the prelims, if I win this week I go into the grand final next week.
    Looking at the other team this week, the sides look pretty even " on paper" however this is before trades have been made & if they have $ to spend on trades I may have a tougher match up. I'm hoping they don't have the $ to spend on trades & are in the same boat $-wise that I am in, careful use of the 2 available trades could be the difference between a win or loss this week :sweating:

Pippi likes this.
  13. DogMan

DogMan Butler

2 weeks left. Still a chance. You have outdone yourself for a first year tipper that didn't actually watch a game, pippi.

If you do finish second, I'll find a little something to send you. So you don't cover second place when that is you lol

Pippi and Noe like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

No you wont - I have all that I need - If I manage to maintain 2nd place - I will send my contribution to the third place getter. :*

DogMan likes this.
  15. DogMan

DogMan Butler

my doggies play their first game at the new mars stadium in ballarat on saturday

going to be really cold, hope no one snaps a finger marking a long kick

Pippi likes this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I know! was tempted to suggest a meet up but too much going on in my life to commit to the game - I reckon it will be a win - the crowd will cheer them on :h:

DogMan likes this.
  17. DogMan

DogMan Butler

It sold out ages ago.

I'm not big on going to the footy with other people. I much prefer solitude so I can concentrate

Pippi likes this.
  18. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Nope tickets still available :)

DogMan likes this.
  19. DogMan

DogMan Butler

FEIJOA - PINEAPPLE GUAVA

for your garden

just ordered it today, unsure when it will go out. garden express post when it is time to plant

very frost tolerant small fruit shrub :bowdown:

Pippi likes this.
  20. Angela

Angela ...

Thank you! I wasn't actually expecting a prize, but that's a really good one. :flowers:

DogMan likes this.