VGOD Trick Tank RDTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Rayjay, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I do not know if anyone has tried the VGod Trick Tank RDTA. I got hold of one a few days ago and I must say I was impressed with Flavor and Clouds. The only con I can give it is the capacity is so small I would love to see it in at least 5 ml capacity. Building and wicking was some what tedious, and it was reminiscent of the Griffin and getting the wick into the holes was difficult. But once built and wicked it was fantastic.

[​IMG]

I purchased mine from Victory Vapes, and it did not come with the coil kit as shown in the video below but the demo on how to wick it may help some that may be interested.

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

How do you find the airflow?
    To me it looks like it would be too airy without any AFC, for how I vape, which has put me off getting one but I like the way the fill port is supposed to seal (if it works) as that should make it less messy at filling time.

Also do you think it would take coils with 3.5mm-4mm inner diameter?
    I am resigned to the fact that I don't like coils with small inner diameters, 3mm is even a bit small for my preference now.
    The reason being larger inner diameter coils require less frequent rewicking IME, less maintenance = more time for other stuff & I can usually get an extra week approx before needing to rewick a 3.5mm coil vs a 3mm coil.
    This requirement I have put me off trying the UD Athlon, which I think is very well designed except for the tiny space for coils, even on the 25mm version.

Rayjay likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

The only coils I have tried on this tank so far @Noe are the ones that came with, I think they are 3mm. I have also tried it with the Juggernaught SS coils and both have worked well. As to the airflow it is not the least airy for me. On some tanks like the OBS engine which I also like I lprefer a tighter draw but with this one I find it perfect for me. So far I have had this tank for a week and not had to re wick it. Mind you until I saw the movie as to how to poke the wicks down I was a bit frustrated. Compared to the OBS Engine, I find this one heaps better on cloud and flavor. I am a chain vaper, and the only thing that is annoying is the small tank capacity.

Refilling takes a bit of practice and if you poked your wicks correctly and they do not interfere with the side fill hole then its simple. I use a 1 ml syringe and the tip of the syringe without a needle fits the fill hole perfectly. When I first got the tank from Victory Vapes I had a devil of a time to get the top off due to dry O rings and once lubricated it is no longer a problem.

I might add in closing that my favourite coil choice are geek vape juggernaught SS Coils which I almost use exclusively in all my builds I do not think I have ever used a 3.5mm coil in any RDTA even in the days when I used to wind my own coils. 3mm is the biggest jig I ever bothered with. The UD Athlon you mention I have not seen as yet.

4. Noe

Athlon 25:
    [​IMG]

There are 2ml & 4ml versions of the tank, then there is the 2ml extension ring available to fit either of those tanks & that ring can be stacked, so if you put 3x extensions on the 4ml tank you'd have a 10ml tank :D
    The only problem is the build deck size, which is small according to reviews, I wish the extension ring was compatible with the UD Bellus V2 but for it to work it would need to go on upside down & knowing UD it probably would work like that but then you'd have a join with no orings to prevent leaks.
    Getting a 3mm inner dia coil into the Athlon 25 is probably possible but I think that would be pushing it to its limits.

I prefer Fused Claptons, better flavor coils ;)

Rayjay likes this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Hmmm this one looks complicated or its getting late and I am tired. Yes Fused Claptons are good I agree.

Noe likes this.
  6. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@Noe Hi Noe,
    To answer your previous question, yes the VGod Trickster Tank will accept twin 3.5mm coil builds. As I said before I have not wound a coil in a coons age but my curiosity got the better of me and I made two using Kanthal A1 Clapton wire 26g + 32g. I made a 5 coil wind and built a duel coil build. Ok the build looks like sh...t but the proof is there that the tank accepts 3.5mm coils. As to if Clapton coils give better flavor is a matter of personal taste. I use Kendal Cotton and find the Juggernaught SS coils are my preferred coils.

[​IMG]

Noe likes this.
  7. Noe

Looks like it would easily take 4mm coils too, nice!
    That build though!!!
    When winding onto your rod, I find with clapton type wires, if you pull the wire slightly downwards so it scrapes against the lower wrap, you get a neater finish. Also I think the wire you used was too narrow or that you really needed a 7 wrap coil to sit better between those posts.

Those new clapception coils you got in the mail should work nicely in that deck but I would screw (literally to widen the inner dia from 3mm) them onto a 3.5mm or 4mm rod first & give them the extra 1/2 wind - a bit from each leg, to make the legs face the right way again.

IME organic cotton is organic cotton, there is no flavor advantage to be had by using an expensive brand of organic cotton, sure there may be a little bit of advantage in "bed in" times but IMO that is not worth the premium price tag. A few "dry fires" with the coils exposed & soaked by hand, while blowing the fog away does wonders for bed in times ;)

Rayjay likes this.
  8. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

PMSL, Well, @Noe, as I said I am no coil winder, but I thought I would see if it would accept a 3.5mm dia coil. I have since trashed that build as it was experimental. Yes those new coils are very interesting and I will play with them after dinner tonight. The cotton I got was a gift so no money wasted there thank you for your advice.

Noe likes this.
  9. Noe

I hope you try the Clapception build on it, the flavor boost will blow you away ;)

Rayjay likes this.
  10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Thank you @Noe, I certainly did, mind you I had to scrounge to find a deck to accommodate them. The Vgod was difficult but achieved.
    I will latter get my Dremil out and see if I can slightly increase also the post holes on the Vgod.

Also it was a battle as the coil retaining screws just barely scraped into the space between the chimney cover and not short out. I tried the build on the Aegis but the max 100W was not enough and when my spare batteries charge up I will give it a whirl on my Rx200s.
    [​IMG]

To my surprise the Smok Skyhook RDTA accommodated them nicely, as it has wide post holes and I tried the Alien imitation on that one.
    [​IMG]

This is the Alien imitation a duel coil build and @150W 0.13 ohm very nice warm toot. Flavor wise as good if not a tad better than the Juggernaught SS.

I will latter look at the Ijoy RDTA decks to see if they will be any good but last night was all I had time for.

Do you know if anyone sells these Clapception coils on their own in AU and not in kit form?

Noe likes this.
  11. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

12. Noe

Rayjay likes this.