1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Wadda Ya Think ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by emu, Nov 4, 2016.

1. emu

emu Banned

I need a few things so just putting it out there for others opinions, the mod I like is the blue one but I have to wait for stock as usual.

Haven't used Vaporeyes before but they seem ok.

Thinking about getting an Eleaf Oppo 22mm tank, 4 x Batt's and a new Mod.

IJOY MAXO QUAD 18650 TC BOX MOD (Blue)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Constructive criticism welcome

Total cost $158.86 with free Express Post

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Maria likes this.
  2. KayP

KayP Senior Member

The Mod is sound. Daniel, from DJLsb Vapes, gave it a good review.

I don't know anything about the atomiser.

Noe and emu like this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I think you are paying too much for just those 2 items @ $159
    Check their prices again.

emu likes this.
  4. emu

emu Banned

That's with 4 batteries ( LG HG2 )

Maria and Noe like this.
  5. Noe

emu likes this.
  6. Noe

The mod I think is fine but it is huge & maybe a 2ml tank on top is going to look a bit out of place.
    I looked at possibly reviewing that mod myself, then saw other mods I thought would be more appealing to more vapers.

For a tank though, if you like the style of the OPPO then maybe have a look at the Ijoy Tornado 150 subohm RTA, it is a 25mm tank & can hold 4.2ml, it will not look so dwarfed by the mod. & VE has it for about $5 more than the OPPO.
    Or if you really want to get a great tank, the Limitless Plus RDTA holds 6.3ml & would be a perfect combo IMO, they even have a Blue version & VE has them for $10 more than the OPPO.

emu likes this.
  7. emu

emu Banned

Just had a look and seems like a bargain @ ( 39.50 for 2 pair shipped ) ?

I believe the HG2's are a better Battery being rated at 20A off the shelf and equal 3000Mah with the 30Q's :p

The other problem I have is I don't trust Samsung with anything anymore, I could choose the 30Q's at Vaporeye's for $10.95 but went for the LG's because they are the best batteries I own and blow away the 25R's I have and the Sony VTC5"s I also have.

I think I will go with the LG's just for peace of mind :cheeky:

Totally agree with you on the tank though, Looks like a great tank and the same post set up :thumbup:

SOLD...! :h:

[​IMG]

8. Noe

Here's my review & build guide thread for the LP RDTA: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ijoy-limitless-plus-rdta-review-build-guide.3972/ should be of interest to you ;)

The HG2s are not as good, experienced battery testers (including Mooch) rate the Samsung 30Q as being just a little better than the HG2s. I own both (1 set of 3 of each for use in the RX200) & I tend to agree, the Samsungs seem to have slightly better run times.
    Mooch would not rate the 30Q at 20A, if they could not handle that load continuously, I think he actually said the HG2 performs more like a 18A continuous battery too.
    Not trying to tell you what to buy, just letting you know what the experts think.

And yes, they're a bargain but that's because we'll be getting a volume discount due to the group buy lol

emu likes this.
  9. emu

emu Banned

Thanks Noe I appreciate your advice mate however like I said I have lost faith in Samsung and for the tiny difference in performance I think I will go with my gut on this one.
    Definitely going for the LP RDTA though :nod:

10. Noe

Yep, not trying to discount your personal experience but have a look at this, HG2 vs 30Q power graphs & tests:

And you can read this post by Mooch on tasteyourjuice.com : http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/archives/13569

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    emu likes this.
  11. emu

emu Banned

Well that was a good read thanks mate, looks like the LG's retain more capacity by around 6% after 300 cycles meaning they go the distance better than the 30Q's. It's such a competitive market these days which is great for us hey.
    I'll be using 4 batts at lowish watts with TC which is pulsed so I doubt they will be working hard enough to make any heat, that's a good thing as far as deterioration goes and I should get a long time between charging so the HG2's will last me ages. ( 4 days between charging x 300 cycles = 1200 days )

I learn something new every day :)

12. Noe

Don't know where you read that but this is the important bit Mooch says in the link I posted:

13. emu

emu Banned

[​IMG]

iamTezr and Noe like this.
  14. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Just had a look at slowtech mod alone is 108.00 you are getting a mod ,tank and batteries for 158.00 and you are not waiting more than a day i think fair deal ,as much as i have the craps with vaporeyes they are good for service .

Noe, iamTezr, sirfoxey and 1 other person like this.
  15. emu

emu Banned

Thanks Crispernator that's good to know about the service, I did swear by ww but been waiting weeks for replies and I only wanted a glass for my Serpent mini.
    Definitely give ve a go now.

crispernator likes this.
  16. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

if you spend over a certain ammount you will get express shipping after looking at the items you were buying it seems a fair deal compared with the prices online and at other b& m stores and no wait yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

emu likes this.
  17. KayP

KayP Senior Member

The Aspire Quad-Flex makes a good genny style tank too, and being 22mm some consider it better for flavour when compared to your 25mm tanks such as the L+.

Sent via Tapatalk, using my 404 Error. Not found.

emu likes this.
  18. KayP

KayP Senior Member

As for Vapour Eyes: I've used them a fair bit. They're good and free shipping with $50 and over purchases is appealing.

19. emu

emu Banned

Yeah I still like the Oppo as well being 22mm and a great deck for building on, and I could use it on my Pico's whereas the larger tanks are to big with the battery cap in the way.
    Over $75 and it's free Express :nod:

KayP likes this.
  20. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Lastly batteries: Yes Mooch's latest results has debunked the faithful LG HG2 to third place. The Samsung 30Q is now at frist place and the Sony VTC6 at second. From what I gather, the HG2 can run a little hotter than the other two, and the 30Q can also handle lower wattages better. That being said, most of my batts are HG2 and I'm not complaining.

emu and Noe like this.