What did you learn about vaping today?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Noe, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Beginners often learn a lot about vaping but are a little timid to let others know what they discovered.
    Well this thread is here to give you somewhere to post your discoveries, perhaps you discovered something that you think is insignificant but to other beginners it may be the key to helping them on their journey!
    Experienced vapers are also welcome to post but please keep it simple, there are other areas of the forum for technical posts, this is for simple discoveries, not the technicalities of winding a mega- twisted Clapton tiger stapled coil etc.

There will be no discovery you can report that will be too small or too big, if you made a discovery, please post about it.
    Whether it is about your prefered PG/VG ratio, nic strength, some new (to you) feature of your battery/mod/atomizer/tank or other piece of vaping gear or if you discovered a new favorite flavor of juice, we'd love to hear about it.
    Maybe your learned something to do with vaping advocacy or something in a study about vaping, it all is a valid reason to post in this thread.

I'll kick it off with something short & sweet.
    Today I discovered the Stumpy RDA is better than the Derringer RDA, both are about the same size (very short), IMO. I won't go into the details of the why, because that would involve technicalities, suffice it to say the Stumpy less likely to leak than the Derringer & easier to build on.

2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks Noe, great idea for a thread!

I discovered that one should not assume that just because a bottle of 30mL liquid costs $30, that it will be any better than something you can make yourself for less than 1/30th of that price.
    I also learnt that a great lot "Premium" manufacturers are based around a business model, as opposed to acting in the best interests of their consumers... Evidenced by a number of DA/AP scandals.

If you want a good, cheaper, no-nonsense, approach to vaping that allows you to know with greater certainty what is in your vape, then DIY is the way to go!!!

Gasman, Donna, Maggie and 2 others like this.
  3. Head in the Clouds

Head in the Clouds Senior Member

Brilliant idea Noe! I'd like to say that today I discovered using an RDA wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and the flavour is so much better! Of course (shhh) I cheated and bought a few pre made coils for it hahahaha. But only til I have all the stuff I need to build my own.

Coming up to 8weeks vaping now and what a leaning curve. I've already made my own juices which I prefer to some premade ones. Primarily got the dripper to taste my mixes but liking it a lot on its first outing :)

Donna, Aussie, Maggie and 4 others like this.
  4. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Changing a drip tip from say a wide bore one to a narrow one can totally change a tank.

Donna, Noe, Aussie and 2 others like this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Thin = fairy puffing [TM] guirivan on avf

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

emu and Nico and Laughter like this.
  6. Nico and Laughter

True

DogMan likes this.
  7. emu

emu Senior Member

Today I learnt what Vooping is.
    [​IMG]

Dyanne, Fluffy, Donna and 5 others like this.
  8. Noe

The Snus equivalent of Vooping would be Snooping or Sooping, I think I like the sound of Snooping better.
    "Just going to have a Soop on the toilet", doesn't sound too good to me, while "Just going to have a Snoop in the toilet" sounds kind of eccentric & strange but a bit better than Sooping.

Fluffy, Admin, emu and 2 others like this.
  9. Maggie

Maggie Senior Member

Having a 'snoop' when visiting a toilet, sounds a bit sinister to me Noe :sillygrin:

emu, Pippi and Noe like this.
  10. Noe

Well I see your point but only if you are snooping on someone else EWWWW!!!! :sick::sick::sick:

emu and Pippi like this.
  11. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

I'd go along with this Rupert.

I was quite excited to be going to the UK last month so I could get to try some e-liquids that I could simply go into a shop to buy. Loved it when they asked what nicotine strength I'd like!

But I was really disappointed with the results. For one thing, it's quite difficult to determine what the juice will be like from the descriptions and in this respect the large amount of choices seemed daunting. I even tried a few in the shop which initially I liked but after vaping them for a day, seemed totally different. Perhaps I like my own juices because I have been able to tailor them to my own tastes but the bought juices remained unused (I still have the remnants) and I soon went back to my own DIY juices. Besides it's so much fun to do and very satisfying to watch a good one mature.

Gasman, rupert and emu like this.
  12. Nico and Laughter

Also sorta concentrates the flavour. Not good with high watts though as it concentrates the heat!

DogMan and emu like this.
  13. emu

emu Senior Member

And you need big airflow for high watt's I've discovered

Nico and Laughter and Noe like this.
  14. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

I'm starting to doubt the fashion of low ohms and high watts. At first I thought this was a cause of my dry eye/irritation so I went back to coils around 1.5 vaped at 14 watts and found it just as satisfying. I think the dryness of the eyes was actually caused by vaping in my smallish study with the window closed during winter. Once the weather picked up and I could have the window permanently open again, the problem went away but I've stuck with building the coils the same way and haven't increased the watts.

Is this heresy? I'm certainly not blowing out the clouds I used to but then that was never the reason I took up vaping. Has it detracted from the flavour? Not noticeably - or at least nothing I can't compensate for by tweaking my mixes - another good reason to DIY. I have noticed that I'm not using the dual coil tanks as much and I do prefer narrow bore tips which does concentrate the flavour.

Each to his own I guess, but that's the point of this thread isn't it. Beginners - you don't have to automatically follow the trend, experiment with finding what suits you. In particular, if you notice adverse affects such as dryness of the mouth, throat or eyes, you might benefit from backing off the low ohm coils and high watts. Lots of vapour = dehydration.

emu, Noe, rupert and 2 others like this.
  15. Nico and Laughter

Maybe, I think a lot of people watch some youtube videos and assume subohming is the only good way to vape, there are more +ohmers out there than people realise.

Fluffy and emu like this.
  16. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

That my I stick charges faster than my 25r batteries damb they take a long time to charge up

emu likes this.
  17. emu

emu Senior Member

Patients comes with time and with time you'll be organised to the point of never worrying about batts getting charged because you'll have a shite l@d of supplies and a regime for always being a few steps ahead of ya needs.

18. Noe

A good quality charger can charge 18650's faster than your Istick charges ;)
    What are you currently using to charge with?

emu and crispernator like this.
  19. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi noe I am using a nitcore 2 digital seems as if they arnt even charging the bar has been on 1 for nearly an hour now

emu and Gasman like this.
  20. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Mine does exactly the same thing.
    I haven't properly timed it but I think it takes roughly 5 hours to charge from flat to fully charged.
    I just thought that was normal. After it goes over that first bar it seems to accelerate (For want of a better word) and has done the same from brand new.

emu and crispernator like this.