What have you mixed (DIY'd) today?

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by rupert, Jul 5, 2016.

1. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Hi Mate, so sorry I missed this comment until now.

I use drippers to test flavours. Generally the same dripper which I have multiple of, which are the CLT Infinite 2+, running dual coils at around 0.4-0.6ohm.
    I would highly recommend going to RDA's for flavour testing.

Perhaps look at getting a velocity clone, plume veil clone (though these are old school now I am told), or another 22mm RDA with a standard drip tip size.
    Avoid chuff caps as that is a pretty good indication of a cloud chasing RDA for the most part.

iamTezr and Old Grump like this.
  2. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Mix I made a week ago.
    10ml Single Dragonfruit 8% - Touch of sweetness dragonfruit for inhale but bland and tasteless on exhale.
    10ml Single Dragonfruit 10% - Sweet but not too sweet for inhale and exhale. But it's still missing something..
    10ml Single Dragonfruit 12% - Too sweet for my liking..
    10ml Dragonfruit 8% Blackberry 1% - sweet but more sour tasting from the blackberry for inhale and refreshing sour tasting on exhale. (TFA Blackberry sure is strong, it tends to overpower the dragonfruit)

Dragons Blood Clone V1 - This is the one with the TFA Strawberry - I find this one a bit sweet for my liking. Sweet Strawberry cream starburst-like flavor. Steeped for about 4 days and it was yummy. Back into the box it goes for more steeping to get more creamy flavor.

Dragons Blood Clone V2 - This is the one with the TFA - Stawberry Ripe - I really like this mix. It's not too sweet but still has the sweetness of the dragonfruit and strawberry with the vanilla creamy taste. Smell great as well. I'm more of a fruity person and don't eat much sweets but this is really nice. So nice that I mixed 100ml last night.

Also a couple days ago I mixed 10ml TFA Dragonfruit 10% + FA Blackcurrant 2% and it was refreshing. Sweetness from the dragonfruit and fruitiness from the blackcurrant. It wasn't sour like the blackberry. I really enjoyed it and mixed 100ml of this as well.

@rupert I had Pomegranate in my cart when ordering conco as well but somehow it disappeared from my cart because I don't see it on my invoice or in my stash :( why.... oh why......you could have changed my world!!
    So it's on my list to buy next. I need some fruity mix or even tobacco blends..
    Any recommendations? :)

rupert likes this.
  3. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

I got myself a Atty Cubed RDA clone when I first started thinking Ill try dripping. I've used it twice now and I just can't get the hang of things.. It gets too warm for my liking and when testing the flavors.. it was awful even though I was using the same cottons and coils as I was using in my other tank.

Might have look into the other RDA you've recommended...I really want to enjoy taste testing using RDA :( but at the moment it's a no go..

Old Grump and rupert like this.
  4. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I am literally the worst person to ask about tobacco flavours :) There are others on here with much more experience than me.
    I am looking at getting some NET's from the person who does the extractions himself in the USA though. They should be interesting to play with.

In terms of fruit mixes, I have about 100 in my little black book.
    A few easy ones that are great are:

Blueshift (Andromeda Clone):
    CAP French Vanilla - 4%
    TFA Blueberry Extra - 4%
    TFA Pomegranate - 3%

Blue Honey Creamy V2:
    INW Honey - 0.1%
    TFA Blueberry Extra - 6%
    CAP Sweet Cream - 3%

Or these that I have already posted:
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-blackcurrant-two-recipes.3403/

http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-cider-and-lollies.2879/

http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-a-couple-of-clones.2629/

If it is too warm, its likely you are running too low a coil resistance for your liking, or you have the watts too high.
    Try turning the wattage down a little in increments. It may help?

Otherwise, it may be your RDA design.
    The Plume Veil has a small chamber, so it can get hot too. The velocity has a larger chamber and more airflow so it can be run with a cooler vape at lower resistances.

MetalOz, Wanda, iamTezr and 1 other person like this.
  5. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

I m not sure what you are after i a tobacco vape, but i love govape ry4 if im craving a tabacco flavor its a nice light taste with a hint of sweetness and just a verry slight touch of vanilla i mix mine at 4% and 90Vg as i dont like it to strong and i get a lovely thick but light tabaco vape i go through 30ml a week, i think theres a couple of otheres on here who use it as well
    Im in the process of useing FA 7 leaves as well, will post what its turnd out like when it has time to steep

Old Grump and iamTezr like this.
  6. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

I actually have RY4 Asian, RY4 double and Royal but just don't know where to start with the mix. Do you mix them single (good as they already are) or mix and match(missing a bit of something)?

7. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Sorry off-topic but sitting on the train and talking about tobacco flavours, I do miss opening a fresh packet of Champion Ruby bag... the smell... Mmmmmm

8. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

I havent used them ones but i just mix my go vape one as a single flavor just standard 4% add in my nic and top the bottle up with VG shake, and give it 3 days in the cupbord the its readdy to go

I would gess there the same, if you google eliquid calculator and put in your flavor you will get a heap of pages with that in it, i start from there have a troll around and note down a few interesting ones and start thinking what would work, what sounds off and ajust from there to your taste.
    me personally i dont like a really strong flavour vape so i tend to cut the % a bit like if a main flavor ends up around 3-4ml after i calculate it l will drop it in half becouse i know it will be to strong for me

Funny hubby still smokes it now and again but i just cant stand smoking it any more, i never, ever, ever, EVER! Thourght i would say that!
    The ry4 has a sort of similar smell i gess like a fresh pack of rolls but with out the yuck!

iamTezr likes this.
  9. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

I couldn't help my self and gave my apple 4ry a test it has only been steeping for a day im quite suprised its really good, but will see how the flavor comes out in a few days but i think it might be winner

emu and rupert like this.
  10. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Well not today but yesterday was bored so decided to try something with honey cinamon and bavarian cream 8ml juice 50/50 20 drops of honey 8 drops cinamon and 10 drops bavarian cream will see what t is like basically just using what concetrates i have at hand .

rupert likes this.
  11. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

This Rhodonite is fabulous!

RC. and rupert like this.
  12. crispernator

I must stay away from this site on the weekends supposed to be mowing lawns not mixing juice , just mixed up another small batch of gear 8.4 ml 50/50 20 drops of double apple .10 drops of cinamon candy ad 10 drops of vanila bean ice cream .didnt smell to bad when i was mixing it but i think the cinnamon may be overpowering oh well wait and see and yes i did lable it this time

rupert likes this.
  13. MetalOz

MetalOz Member

I mixed up a batch of Muffin Man clone. This time I added 2% Cotton Candy and 1% Joy. I also hope the % off the Apple Pie and Cinnamon Danish by 0.5%.

Current recipe is :
    CAP Apple Pie 2.5%
    CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl 5.5%
    CAP Double Apple 4.5%
    FA Joy 1%
    TFA Cotton Candy 2%
    PG/VG: 40/60

Wanda, crispernator and rupert like this.
  14. crispernator

Well tried my honey and cinamon juice very sad, very sad indeed .

15. Adrian Grace

Adrian Grace Member

But at least because you are labelling it now you'll know which one to avoid!

Welcome to the darker side of DIY - the ones that didn't work out.

These recipes I keep in the back of a file book labelled "What was I thinking.." and I look through them now and then for a laugh.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MetalOz likes this.
  16. crispernator

Ah this is true i hop as time goes on to become a bit more atune to what goes with what ,and to also expand my concentrate range ,it isnt that it is unvapable it is just a nothing flavour juice has no hit to it or anything really its just sad hahahahaha

17. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I have various bottles of what I affectionately label #### knows as they're the dregs of finished juices and small amounts of ones I either didn't like or was unsure off.

I've been very surprised on several occasions when I've eventually had the nerve to try them as some have worked.

I've absolutely no idea what's in them and could never replicate the mix but it's better than going down the drain.

I don't think I'm overly a tightwad but do hate waste if that makes sense. I think I inherited it from my Mum when I was young as money was tight and she'd create all sorts of meals out of leftovers.

Mind you money's tight for me at the moment too so it's not a bad thing I suppose!

laurie9300 and crispernator like this.
  18. crispernator

Know the feeling gasman money s tight here as well i have to pick carefully when i buy concentrates

Gasman likes this.
  19. MetalOz

MetalOz Member

I haven't been online for just over a week now while sorting a few things out here. Last week i mixed up 10x 10ml samples.
    I mixed for my wife: Andromeda, Blue Voodoo, and Betelgeuse as she likes the fruit flavours.
    I also mixed up a variety of flavours on top of those which were grants Vanilla Custard, Golden Ticket, Popdeez clone, Kreeds Mellow Morning (2 versions, one with Irish Cream and one as a standard coffee flavour), and i also started playing around with FA Wow again to hopefully create that elusive Doughnut flavour.
    Most of these taste pretty good so far, although i think the coffee flavours need a lot more steeping. I'm not really impressed with the TFA Popcorn flavour, I know what people mean by some Concentrates tasting like old socks lol

rupert likes this.
  20. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Yesterday-

Mixed up 10mL of multiple batch testing for different ingredients working on my JamDizzle clone :)
    Getting damn close...