What's your favorite Tube Mech mod & why?

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Noe, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Have not used them for a while , but really like Gus mods ( got a small collection of them )
    Look good and perform great .( the real ones )

Northerner, Pufnstuf and DogMan like this.
  2. Doona

Doona New Member

The Vanilla is my favourite.

Light switch, yet no chance of firing when you stand it up, and it still has a lock ring when you need to pocket it. One size tube, so no seams. OEM hybrid top cap.

Victory Vape likes this.
  3. Northerner

Northerner Member

I've tried a lot of high end tube mechs, but short having owned a satmod the best tube I have encountered (price vs product) is the MCR 101's. Simple, effective and beautiful. I own 4 of them... totally convinced. GP Paps also have a warm place in my heart.

Currently daily running in a Precision Workhorse 18500 mod. It's good... but I'm not 100% sure of the switch yet. The whole thing reeks of engineering and quality, but it's to be decided whether it's a keeper or not.

Pufnstuf likes this.
  4. Tigas

Tigas New Member

I agree with Northy, MCR mods have had the best button in my experience and will appeal to those who want a simplistic look. If you ever plan to buy from their site check their fb Page for discount codes. They rarely leave the house though since their a little dear.

The nemesis is a good beater mod. And the gp paps 2.5 and 3 have awesome buttons (prefer the 2.5 though).

Northerner and Pufnstuf like this.
  5. Northerner

Northerner Member

I found the rings on the Nemi a pain in the bum, so I sold mine... I agree with you on the 2.5 over 3 on the paps too.

6. Northerner

Northerner Member

Haven't seen these before, look pretty fancy. :cool:

I picked up an Oros on the cheap about 6 months ago. It weighs about the same as 4 of my other mods put together so it's great for self defense if I ever go to the city (might do that one of these years), but somehow has won a place in my collection. Really is an oddball that I keep coming back to.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

The SRX is far superior to the Nemi's IMO, there's no issue with the switch self adjusting on the SRX the Nemi I had would self adjust all the time.

Northerner likes this.
  8. Northerner

Northerner Member

I've only ever seen one for sale, and it wasn't in good nick... they have become unicorns.

9. pcan68

pcan68 Member Vendor

For me the Gus Lord is my favourite tube mech mod, probably followed closely by the GP paps. On the Gus I like the firing switch, ease of locking and unlocking, the adjustable airflow and the finish and look is appealing. I switched out the fuse setup in the Gus with a GP paps adjustable 510 pin, and all is sweet. Still in my daily rotation :)

[​IMG]

Pufnstuf likes this.
  10. Jerry Hatrick

Yes pcan68 I removed all fuses and updated with the adjustable pins as well .

pcan68 likes this.
  11. Kaoself

Kaoself New Member

Dominus Fecit.

Looks great
    durable (I've dropped one of mine a few times with only minor scratches)
    versatile
    can be used with positive pin connection (urgh) or hybrid
    can be used 18350, 18500, and 18650
    many different interchangeable sections and finishes in SS, brass, copper
    bottom side fire (which I like) and bottom button (being released in a few weeks)
    well made
    well priced
    spares available
    great customer service from Dominus Mods.

12. Jerry Hatrick

Another favorite tube of mine is the Astro , Have a real one and a clone or 2.

13. Northerner

Northerner Member

Love my Oros too... excellent for self defense and works brilliantly as a counterweight when doing the limbo.

[​IMG]

Kaoself and Pufnstuf like this.
  14. Nunga

Nunga Member

Favourite mechs, would be my spud mod from pcan wood creations, fits so nice in the hand, and is very stable even with a heavy atty on top. Next favourite is the little drawtube bought from vaphilia, small and compact great for work. I have nerve damage in my ring and little finger, so bottom firing mechs are not for me, so side button mechs are great. The sigelei No: 1 is also a simple but very functional side button mech, very hard to get now as vv/vw mods have really taken over the vaping world.

I will always have a few mechs on hand though, because if the whole vaping scene turns to shite, and we can't get the vv/vw mods anymore, I'll still be able to vape :)

Northerner and Aussie like this.
  15. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Member

Tubes don't get much of a look in once you experience the exact same atomizer and coil on a box mod. I have so many tubes that I will never use again.

LPG I still use, has the nicest button IMO.

But srsly tube mods are so 2014.

16. Northerner

Northerner Member

Bigger is not always better.... more can sometimes be less.

It's much of a preference thing I think. There's tootle puffers, mech lovers, box bandits and now squonker bonkers... believe it or not there are people out the who prefer cigalikes to 2nd and 3rd gen gear.

Pufnstuf, Kaoself and DogMan like this.
  17. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash New Member

Luvin' my preloved Zen 2 490
    1. Solid
    2. Simple
    3. So old school
    4. Shiny

DogMan likes this.
  18. Northerner

Northerner Member

Pictures dammit... we don't just want to hear you crooning. :popcorn:

Noe and Catweazle like this.
  19. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Member

Does the abaddon count? because its the greatest mech mod imo

20. Northerner

Northerner Member

The Abaddon is a thing of beauty when polished, I bet being solid copper it hits like a steam train also. Almost 0 voltage drop?

Been playing with my Super T Precision again today. Damn fine mod. Just feels like quality and engineering in the hand.

[​IMG]

DogMan likes this.