1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your nic level?

Discussion in 'Polling Booth' started by DogMan, Jun 8, 2015.

?

What's your nic level?

1. zero mg [0%]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-5 mg

20.8%
  3. 6-10 MG

29.2%
  4. 11-15 mg

20.8%
  5. 16-20 mg

16.7%
  6. 21-25mg

6.3%
  7. 26-30mg

2.1%
  8. 31-35mg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 36+ mg

4.2%
  1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Do you find you use more juice?

2. Victory Vape

Victory Vape Member VCA Approved Vendor

ha ha yep, but I mostly make my own, so very cost effective....other than the samples I buy for researching flavours
    in early days on Mini Protanks etc, a 10ml bottle could last me a week, now I go through about 30ml a week using sub ohm tanks like Freemax Starre, Subtank, Atlantis, Herakles, Arctic etc
    and I love my Joyetech Ego One XL, so portable...
    but the satisfaction from subohm tanks assures me I will NEVER go back to smoking :) worth it!
    Have used RDAs but not huge on dripping just because I am so busy, no time to wind coils etc

3. Noe

Yeah that is what I wanted to know.
    It looks like you are inhaling 3 times as much liquid for a 2/3 drop in nic strength, which helps confirm my theory & what Dr F. said in the Dave Dorn video.
    Your body still wants the same amount of nicotine.

I used 24mg/ml before the advent of subohm tanks etc., I still use 24mg/ml even though I use them & my liquid intake has remained around the same, without any noticeable increase in consumption.
    What I find though is instead of having to chain vape like I would with older gen. clearos, I can have 3 or 4 puffs & be satisfied, which means less time vaping more time to spam forums :rofl:
    At first it did hit harder, I don't mean like it made me OD, just the TH etc. but I soon got used to it at the same strength in subohm tanks.

The cost doesn't worry me either, I mix my own juice, for me it's about minimising risk, the nicotine remains constant no matter if you vape 30 ml of 6mg/ml or 10ml of 18mg/ml but the 10ml of 18mg/ml carries less risk from other things inhaled in the vape, flavors particularly are the unknown risk factor. So less liquid consumption, same nicotine intake seems to me a less risky way to vape.

Catweazle likes this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I haven't noticed an increase in my liquid consumption since I dropped from 18 to 12 mg but every body is different. I completely agree that vaping the least amount of flavouring possible is ideal for our health, vaping less PG and VG can't hurt either. Did you like his comments on ex-smoking vapers becoming so health conscious. That cracked me up because I have laughed at myself for the same reason.

5. Noe

Yes I found that a bit funny too but it's very true from what I have seen over the years.

Like the panic over "inhaled metals" that some vapers went through recently, I just shrugged it off, Kanthal is mainly steel, steel is in our blood, I figure it probably doesn't belong in my lungs but it's not like I'm throwing a knife into my chest every day.
    Must be better than arsenic (another metal) found in burning tobacco smoke.

Likewise, I'm not going to stop using flavorings just because there is an unknown risk but if I can minimise that risk, while still enjoying my vaping, then it makes sense to me to do that.

6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Or radioactive particles or beaver and civet butt secretions and the list goes on.

7. Victory Vape

Victory Vape Member VCA Approved Vendor

i guess the difference is that I don't take nearly as many puffs of vapour as I used to per day, one or two nice big clouds and I put it down for a good while...I will try to keep track of that as an experiment because the new v38 firmware in my Provari P3 has a puff counter

when I was doing 12 or 18 mg in 2nd generation devices I puffed constantly all day pretty much

8. Big O

Big O Member

1 to 3mg on super low builds, 6 in subtanks.

9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

i'm much the same. 0.28 ohm on a mech with 25mg and i don't need to vape anywhere near as much as i did vaping 18 on tootle puffer coils

Big O likes this.
  10. deregular

deregular New Member

Started on 24mg on the cigalikes, then 24mg on ego+evods.
    Dropped to 18mg with the protanks.
    Dropped to 12mg when I got my REO, then 8mg for a while.
    Now on 6mg with both tanks and rdas

11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I started on 32 mg and to be honest still use that strength on Clearos although I have tried to cut down it just didn't seem to work for me. Then I took the leap into rebuildables and immediately cut down to 18 mg as I greatly underestimated the difference in nic delivery,despite doing a fair bit of research before I went down that road. Problem is I had mixed up so much juice at 32 mg and I am a tightarse I refused just to throw it all away. Therefore what I find myself doing is running with both, 18 mg on a rebuildable and 32 mg on Clearos . I reckon it should be quite easy to cut back on 18 mg on the rebuildables and am just on the cusp of experimenting with that. During the working day I normaly have an ego ( with clearo)at 32 mg and a box mod ( with rebuildable) at 18 mg. Obviously carrying the ego is a lot easier and inconspicuous anyway. Forgot to mention 18 mg,soon to be dropped, with subtanks as well.

12. soda

soda New Member

I started on 24mg when I vaped rtas Kayfuns etc then dropped to 18mg. Then I started dripping where I then dropped down to 10mg and I'm very happy here

13. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I always have some unflavoured liquid around mixed at the strength I'm using so I can dilute any I manage to over-flavour. I am a tightarse too. You could use some low strength unflavoured liquid to drop from 32 mg to 18 mg. If you have a lot to use up it might be worth the effort.

14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestion Moonbeam. I take it you mean the same juice mixed with no nic to lower the nic content. I initially made the mistake of ordering too many doublers and just mixing them up without trying any. Like 7.5 ml doublers and just putting nic straight in only to discover that it's a different proposition with rebuildables/subtanks. Again not the best move i know now. So I have now been buying concentrates to change and experiment with flavours with varying results and my " stock pile" is diminishing . The occasional concoction has been so bad you wouldn't poison your ants with it as the RSPCA would probably knock on your door but that's half the fun I suppose. I am trying to limit my juice/concentrate purchases now as I have admitted to even myself that you can't try everything that sounds good and try and use up some of what you've already got.

15. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Sorry, still waking up. Yes I meant with flavouring but there is also the option of mixing different flavours together. Some of the best liquids I've made have happened when I mixed the ends of bottles together and I could never duplicate them again. :cry: This DIY mixing business is a constant experiment and it has taken me a while to get a few regular favourites together while I'm experimenting. I know what you mean about collecting concentrates. I have a bad habit of wanting to try every concentrate and that includes several brands in the same flavour. It's still a cheap habit compared to smoking even if I do run out of cupboard room.
    I just realised we are off topic. Oops.

16. Browny

Browny Senior Member

6 with the SubTank/KF/Orchid and 10 with the other 'work' tanks.
    Started at 12-18 and didn't notice any difference tbh, tried lower a few times throughout the first year with no joy but the last 2-3 months as above.

17. Danyel

Danyel Member

I mix all my own juices and being semi lazy at times, had settled on 12mg to use on all of my devices, ranging from tootle puffing continuously at 1.8ohm, to sub ohming at lesser intervals. I had never though twice about altering my nic levels for each device until recently, I had acquired some 24mg juice that I planned to dilute, only being in a hurry the other day, no time to mess with juice, I just took the 24mg with me to refill my tank with during the day. Well, a few hours later, I was suffering from a mad headache, it was my first realized vaping related negative symptom. This experience made me think that just maybe the mild headaches that I do seldom get, may have been from taking in too much nic. I have since started making two lots of everything, one at 16mg, for tootle puffing, and one at 8mg for sub ohming. I have not since, gotten the occasional mild head aches, nor do I find myself chain tootle puffing. I am however sub ohming more often, but that's all good so as far as I am concerned. So I guess to summarize, it pays to have and use different nic amounts in each device.

Judith likes this.
  18. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I started on 18 and 24, and little over four months later I am buying 3mg (have been for over a month now) and mixing to 2mg.

19. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Have you noticed if you have used more juice as you cut down?

20. WineKasra

WineKasra New Member

Started on twelve, the last couple of days I've been on six and haven't found it too difficult. I'm enjoying dripping because I know I'm using a consistent amount so I can control how much I'm vaping.