1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your nic level?

Discussion in 'Polling Booth' started by DogMan, Jun 8, 2015.

?

What's your nic level?

1. zero mg [0%]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-5 mg

20.8%
  3. 6-10 MG

29.2%
  4. 11-15 mg

20.8%
  5. 16-20 mg

16.7%
  6. 21-25mg

6.3%
  7. 26-30mg

2.1%
  8. 31-35mg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 36+ mg

4.2%
  1. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Definitely, but its partly due to moving from cig-likes 808 style devices to sub ohm tanks and RDA's too, which tend to chew juice.
    In total I have calculated a net reduction in my total nicotine intake by mL and concentration though.
    I also noticed that the drop from 6 to 3mg, an from 3 to 2mg has not increased my liquid use by anything either.

Judith likes this.
  2. Fluffy

Fluffy Senior Member

9 mg in tanks and 6mg in drippers.

emu likes this.
  3. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Bump for new members or revisions

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi and Browny like this.
  4. Browny

Browny Senior Member

Revision for me.
    The 10mg didn't work long term, I lasted a good 4+ months but eventually ended up vaping way to much.
    I realised I was slowly using more liquid each week, I got up to 40ml or more a week and tried to halve it over night.

I'm back onto 14mg and have my happy place back, and about 4ml a day.
    Also noticed I'm now mixing much weaker flavours than previous.

Aqualung, Judith and DogMan like this.
  5. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

I'm glad you brought this thread back Dogman because it's been very interesting to see the progression between June last year and now. I noticed that most people last year were vaping at much higher levels of nicotine than I would guess they do now. A lot of people were stating levels of 24 and 18mg and this, I think, reflects more about the state of the equipment then than anything else.

It makes me realise that things have moved on s0, so, rapidly.

Anyway, to attempt to answer the question. I'm afraid I can't pick just one. I mix a lot of my juice at 12 mg but I also have a stock of 9mg, 6mg and 4mg and it depends on the equipment I'm going to use it on. The 12mg is for the single coil atties. The 9mg and 6mg is for the dual coils which I might build lowish at 0.4 - 0.7 ohm and the 4mg is for when I want to use the drippers with a juicy clapton and a 0.2 - 0.3 ohm build. I soon know if I've mistakenly loaded a dripper with the 12 mg as it doesn't take long before the nicotine lets me know I'm overdoing it. I realise that this has changed for me even over the last 12 months with a gradual progression to more efficient gear and lower nicotine but I still use the whole range depending on time of day and mood.

I don't think the poll question has quite kept up with the times - or the equipment and the choices we have these days.

DogMan likes this.
  6. Harlequin

Harlequin Senior Member

I started at 18mg but that was with one of these:

[​IMG]

Once I moved to subohming I dropped to 10mg and have been sitting on 10-12 since then. I tried going lower but just started vaping more...

I was given a bottle of 18mg a month or so back and that almost killed me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Started at 24mg. Went through a couple of reduction to zero nic phases, cause I'm gullible. Settled into my 12 mg happy place.
    Recent discomfort with ostentatious cloud making in public has led me to resurrect some old tootle puffing gear, and 18mg mixes to suit

Browny and DogMan like this.
  8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've experimented with various mg levels but I always revert back to 24 mg or thereabouts.
    Initially I felt that I should cut down but the more research or casual reading I do quite honestly I just think bugger it if I'm happy don't worry.

9. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

My original post on this subject is wrong.
    I started on nil nic !
    But quickly realised I needed the nic.
    Then started on 24mg !
    The rest is the same .:p

Noe likes this.
  10. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Lol I actually buck the trend I started at 12mg eventually realized it wasn't enough so I went up to 18, then went back to 12mg, noticed I vape too much so I went to 15mg then 18mg. Vaped 5 or 6 mls for ages have now realized I'm down to 3 or 4 mls of 18mg especially since I found snuff. I only use it maybe 3 times a day but it hits the spot.

Judith likes this.
  11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I've kept at 24mg/ml even with improvements in device design &/or higher wattage/lower ohm builds.

Snuff has become something i partake more of & this has reduced my juice intake but otherwise everything is the same.

12. Flea

Flea Senior Member

Started with 24mg bought juice for a month.

Once I started DIY years ago I went to 18mg,
    tried 14 & 16 mg for a week or two,
    wasn't satisfied, so it's been 18mg ever since.

Despite Mrs Flea's disapproval, I believe I'll stay at 18mg.

Judith and DogMan like this.
  13. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Bumping thread and nic up to 18 -24 depending on kit.
    Had to resort to antidepressants, and was chain vaping ridiculously.
    Don't know why this feels like a confessional.

Judith, Browny and Noe like this.
  14. DogMan

DogMan Yes

bit early for november to come

hang in there, aqua

Aqualung likes this.
  15. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I read my original post and realised I should have said I started on 24 mg not 36 mg. I dual used for 5 months using 24 mg but only managed to stop smoking when I used 36 mg. Still at 12 mg but vape a lot so should probably go up to 18 mg.

Browny likes this.