Which PV should I start my friends on?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by emu, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

But you're quite happy to offload the ants onto her, lol! :sillygrin:

Give them a little bit each of the RY4, undiluted. Everyone loves RY4, and it will get them through till their juice arrives.

emu likes this.
  2. emu

emu Senior Member

She's in SA, the one's I will offload to are the 2 newbie's here :)

Jennifer likes this.
  3. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

My suggestions today. Cool Fire 4, iStick 40 w TC, or Kangslide Mini 25 w. Kanger Evod and Nautilus Mini with BVC. Nic e liquid must be 24 or 36 mg.

margyb, emu and Judith like this.
  4. emu

emu Senior Member

Thanks Charles

5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

IMO it is far better to start with a higher nic strength than a lower nic strength.
    I know for certain that if I started with 9mg/ml juice I would have been thinking "this is crap, it doesn't work" & been either dual using or back on cancer sticks completely.
    18mg/ml is a good starting point for new vapers, it isn't too high in nic if they find they want lower strength & it isn't too low if they find they need higher strength, they can simply vape more or less frequently to get the dose they require with 18mg/ml.
    So if you plan to let them mix doublers, then they need at minimum 36mg/ml nic base, personally I'd get them on 18mg/ml premixed to start with, with maybe a couple of 12mg/ml & couple of 24mg/ml 30ml juices added to the collection, that way you have all the bases covered.
    Then when they know their preferred strength you can help them find some doublers, VG & PG & 100mg/ml base to keep them going.

For a tank, if you think they may be interested in sub ohming further down the track, then I'd suggest the Aspire Triton which I posted a video for here http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...eviewers-for-beginners.1422/page-2#post-51835
    It has the advantage of being a good mouth to lung tank with the 1.8 ohm coils but can also sub ohm with the other coils available for it. Just be aware that it comes pre-fitted with a sub ohm coil & you need to make sure your newbies are aware they need to take that coil out & use one of the 1.8 ohm coils from the box of spares they'll need to order with it.
    The VTC isn't a bad choice but like others have mentioned the eGo one included in the kits is crap, better to just get the VTC as a stand alone & you'll get 2 days use from it before it needs charging, running it at 20-30W, with 1.8 ohm coils you'll probably want to run it at 12W & get even longer run times on it.

Browny likes this.
  6. emu

emu Senior Member

Thanks Noe, I managed to wrangle up two istick 30w and two Nautilus mini tanks so far. Also four boxes of 1.8 Ohm coils. I have plenty of 18mg nic to get them started (Ry4), through the crushed ant's in the bin.

Works out at $117 each delivered with chargers and a lead.
    See how they go for starters, wish I had half as much help when I started .

Browny, Pippi, DogMan and 4 others like this.
  7. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Sounds perfect meq. If they don't get on board after all that you will have done you best. Just tell they have to pass the gear on to another interested smoker if it doesn't work for them.

Pippi, DogMan and emu like this.
  8. Broony

Broony Senior Member

Wise words from Jennifer, of 3 I have helped all seem to rely on me, one full-time vaper one a duel user but slowing down on the fags and one gave up vaping, got gear back, gave it away,........and now trying again (gave them personal gear until order comes in) All this makes me worry about over ordering eLiquid, or them saying I gave it to them with Qld's stupid law by stupid inconsiderate politicians.

Browny, DogMan, emu and 1 other person like this.
  9. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

You are not a good target for the government so I think you can probably relax. There is no profit motive and you are trying to help people stop smoking and the government has much better targets they could choose if they are prepared to take a risk of a court case.

Browny, Pippi, DogMan and 3 others like this.
  10. emu

emu Senior Member

Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions, I will try to get a photo of the newbie's blowin clouds and tack it on this thread.
    Again thank you from me and the ex smoker's soon to be.

Browny, Pippi, DogMan and 2 others like this.
  11. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

It's never easy to recommend vaping gear for newcomers. We know what works for ourselves, so we usually suggest something similar. My son started vaping just after I started. I quickly went to diy and wanted to experiment with everything and still do. He was happy with his first starter kit and never wanted to try anything different. Even after 2 years he just replaces it with another cheapish Ego type battery and some awful cheap atty. we are very much alike in other ways and yet so different when it comes to vaping. He's happy and I'm happy that he's not smoking.

Dyanne, Browny, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  12. Broony

Broony Senior Member

I do give them a reasonably hard time on Twitter

Browny, Jennifer, emu and 1 other person like this.
  13. emu

emu Senior Member

You got that right Aussie

Plus vapers being the minority we tend to stand out a bit in a group of smoker's.

It's impossible to deny a curious smoker some help yet at the same time it's hard enough deciding on gear for yourself.

As you say, it would be a huge fluke to tailor fit a PV to a new vaper, let alone to get the juice right.

Broony, Browny, DogMan and 2 others like this.
  14. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Bang on Meq, which brings us neatly back to Ms Jennifers advice above, which provides them the first steps on their own journey to find their own perfect vape
    Good on you

Browny, DogMan, Aussie and 1 other person like this.
  15. Pufnstuf

Pufnstuf Carto Connoisseur

I think this will be my suggestion for new vapers from now on. Simple, cheap small, easy to fill and good vape that can be made better with different coils. Only down side you cant strip the tank right down to clean it but I haven't met many new vapers that want to do that any way.

[​IMG]

Browny, Pippi, Gasman and 1 other person like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I agree, I bought one not expecting much but have been pleasantly surprised. Admittedly I've only used the RBA deck but have found that performs well enough for me.
    It is a bit small and a newbie wouldn't use it for a while I know but...
    To clean the tank I just use a syringe with water and leave it to dry.

Browny, Pippi and Pufnstuf like this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

What is it? I cant read the writing on it. Interested to know.

18. Pufnstuf

Pufnstuf Carto Connoisseur

Egrip
    Sorry thought I put the name in my post

Pippi likes this.
  19. EGG2015

EGG2015 Member

I just got the evic vtc mini and i gotta say its pretty impressive.

Im new and its not comlicated. The ego one tank dosent seem bad for now. No leaks easy to use etc...

Probably be different in a few weeks but its busting me lungs now..

Pippi likes this.
  20. emu

emu Senior Member

Well that was a great waste of time, the lovely folk's changed their minds about vaping.
    Sorry to everyone for wasting your time and effort.

If it happens again I will be giving the address for the forum and that's it.

Brief explanation

Party A rolled their car and are in financial grief.

Party B was told nic is illegal in WA and has been severely spooked.

Aussie, Judith and margyb like this.
  21. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Oh, sorry to hear all your efforts failed. I think I am done with setting people up now - would rather send them in the right direction.
    If people really want to quit they will buy the gear themselves. Good on you for trying Meq.

Judith and emu like this.