Which PV should I start my friends on?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by emu, Nov 12, 2015.

1. emu

emu Senior Member

Thanks Ally, live and learn.

2. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

I always help them with their first order. I give them the websites address. I place an order for them and show them how its done. I even pay for the order. I always get them an SLB ego v3 or v4. And a protank mini. Its a simplet easy to use setup. The battery has a little screen that is easy to watt up or volt down etc. Easy charge and passthrough. And $33 last time i checked.
    I give it to them unopened and let them open it up. It comes really nicely packaged which lights up there face. I then explain everything they need to know.
    After that they are on their own.
    I tell them ring me if you need help.

3. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

We live and learn Meg. You put yourself out in an attempt to help people, you can't do much more than that.

Not long after i started vaping I ordered 8 starter kits for 8 different people, used my credit card to pay for it all. Spent a lot of time in the hope that they would quit smoking and only one of them was appreciative. That same person did quit and is still off the smokes so I quess it was worth the effort. Now I give them all the necessary info and point them in the right direction. I'm happy to answer all their questions but they need to do it for themselves like we did.

Dyanne and Noe like this.
  4. Pufnstuf

Pufnstuf Carto Connoisseur

Most people get there info on what is legal and what isn't off there mates that know all or from one of the commercial news outlets. In some cases they might get the right info but the problem is most only ever listen to or remember part of the story and so we end up with nic is illegal and so is vaping.

People are so paranoid about breaking the law by buying nic yet they happily speed in their cars every day and drink in public places. I would think that if they ever clamped down on nic the most that would happen to an individual buying for there own use is to get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

Noe, emu and Aussie like this.
  5. Head in the Clouds

Head in the Clouds Senior Member

Bloody hell meq. First off I loved the early Christmas bauble display in one of your posts (if u squint)! Fair play for doing all you've done for them. As grimmgreen said in one of his videos we all need to do what we can to help smokers make the move to vaping. Helps the world become a better place!! I don't know any smokers here and the only one I know still smoking in Ireland I sent a message all about it and she has her pick of B&M shops to visit there. So do you have to wear the cost of the stuff you ordered for them? Maybe get the one in financial strife to work out how much they spend on smokes each week and if they don't go mad buying gear they'd be better off financially? Oh well you've done your good deed, rest easy now :angel:

emu likes this.
  6. emu

emu Senior Member

Thanks head in the clouds,
    No money out layed thankfully, I am putting it down to November and Friday the 13th.

7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Never liked devices like these, too hard to clean, too many things can go wrong & if something does you're left without a tank & a mod.
    I much prefer the idea of keeping both parts separate.

Gasman likes this.
  8. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

There's still hope for Party B, tell them that you know someone on the forum(me), that lives in WA & that has imported 2L of 100mg/ml nic in one order & had it opened by customs, without any problems in receiving it & no bill from customs either.

Dyanne, Aussie and emu like this.
  9. emu

emu Senior Member

You have a good heart Noe.

I won't give up on him just yet then even though he's a stiff knecked stubborn as a heifer son of a .....

Haven't given up on party A yet, nice couple both smoke.
    She wants to vape and I suspect he will follow if she converts.

I was thinking of dropping off my 20w istick some juice and coils with a GS Air tank and see if she likes vaping.

Even one converter would be nice and if it happens they can thank you for giving me a bump.

Head in the Clouds and Noe like this.
  10. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I really only know one smoker who has been vaguely interested and he is quite happily dual using. I've given him lots of gear and tried to con him into using a tank with more punch but he just doesn't seem ready. Ah well if he ever gets ready he's got some gear and a friend with shineitis to help him out. In the end it's got to come from within. I'm still amazed I quit smoking.

Head in the Clouds, Noe and emu like this.
  11. emu

emu Senior Member

Me to Annette, shows the great power of vaping as a quit tool.
    I've only helped one other person to switch , everyone in their own time is the way it works.

The day's are coming when vapers are the majority and smokers become few as long as the powers that be wake up.
    Every smoker deserves easy access to the first true method that works.

Nico and Laughter likes this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

That's a fair point and exactly what I was thinking before I bought it, in fact it stopped me buying it for a long time.
    But once I thought it's worth a go for the money I've been very happy with how it's performed. How long it will last could be another question but for its size I'm happy.

It made me think about the Kanger Nebox but I'm holding off on that one for now because I think quite honestly there's better out there for the outlay.