Who would have guessed...

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by John Jenkinson, Sep 16, 2018.

1. John Jenkinson

John Jenkinson New Member

Who would have guessed that after 55 years of smoking I could quit...with no drama or withdrawal stress?
    My son bought me a Guardian Target mini and it was very nice but I could not really get my head around how it worked...settings etc. So I didn't use it...
    Then I went online to forums and worked out how to use the thing..temp settings,wattage and coils etc.
    Bought various e-juices and by trial and error realised that this was the way to quit smoking.
    And it has worked! Haven't had a cigarette for 6 months and haven't wanted one!
    Best thing ever, feel better and save heaps of $
    Bought my partner same brand mod and she has given up cigs too!
    Have been a bit of a zealot at work about e-cigs and surprise surprise..
    Quite a few young guys are now giving the vaping a try!!
    Vaping really works for me...

margyb, btobw, Katzmeow and 2 others like this.
  2. emu

emu Senior Member

Well done John, and it gets better and better the more you delve into it.

3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Well done John & welcome to VCA!
    Back in ancient times (8-10 years ago) e-cigs were made to look a bit like a cancer stick & the success rate for getting off the cancer sticks using those early models was poorer compared to today.
    Times have changed & the technology has advanced, which as you found out means having to do a bit of research but that is better than back then when the devices were simple yet took real dedication to the idea that they could work to make them work. A lot of early adaopters poured time & effort into making vaping what it is today, without that dedication we wouldn't have things like temperature control, leak-proof tanks & high wattage devices.
    Vaping has come a long way in a relatively short time because like you, those early adopters saw the potential for a smoke free lifestyle, without the withdrawals & without the patches & gum that mostly everyone has tried & relapsed after trying again & again & again in some cases.

Vaping works!

margyb likes this.