1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

why is my kangertech topfill leaking so badly through the air holes ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by crispernator, Jan 4, 2017.

1. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi noe it probably is a lot to do with my wicking i am a bit slack ,i like using the rba as i get heaps more vape than if i used a coil one of my biggest problems when wicking is cutting the cotton the wrong way so when you twist it to go through the coil it just falls to peices the other day i re wicked my rba and i had a mess of trouble couldnt get the mod to fire pull to peices works fine then all back together and nothing ohh the joys of vaping.

Noe and Pippi like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

You need to look at your cotton or w/e wick you are using & cut with not against the "grain", the longer the fibers the better for transporting juice to the coil ;)

crispernator likes this.
  3. crispernator

Well not happy jan ,i have rewicked the topfill and i wicked the wick out of it and it is still wicken leaking ,the subtank is fine but the topfill is wicked just makes me wonder f it is the o ring but there is a raised lip on the base so you would think the juice shouldnt be able to get past it im wicked if i know aghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Noe likes this.
  4. Noe

If you have a Subtank & a Toptank, you can try switching the sections above the glass tank (the metal parts) to see if that is what is causing the issues, they are interchangeable.
    I simply bought a Toptank kit (top section) to put on my Subtank Mini, so I know the parts are compatible as long as the tanks are the same diameter.

If after changing the top sections you are still having problems with the "new" Toptank that you weren't having when it was a Subtank, then you will have a better idea of where the problem lies. If however the "new" Toptank is fine but the "new" Subtank is having the problem, then again you have a better idea of where the problem lies :)

crispernator likes this.
  5. crispernator

hi noe just got back from seeing the local guy and he said almost the same thing as you have ,i also bought a bell cap as well while there as this problem is giving me the wicks hahahaha.

Jerry Hatrick likes this.
  6. crispernator

Well i tried the bell cap and guess what no leaks ,been using it for 2 hours now and not 1 drip this is why i am glad to be a member of this site heaps of info and bloody good advice thanks to all who have helped hoepfully i can put this to bed now i am all wicked out !

7. Noe

Did you try swapping the top "caps"?
    Since it isn't leaking with the Bell cap, I would guess that the top cap oring/grommet was the culprit or that you didn't have it tightened down enough. If you ever feel inclined to test that out, when you take the fill cap off check the large outer seal for any nicks & take it off to inspect it closely. If it looks fine, it may not have been seated properly, when you put it back on ensure you get it seated evenly.
    If after that it still leaks & you have it tightened down as far as possible, then there's another possible solution I thought of, that same seal take off again & find a thin fiber washer that is the right size to sit under it (trim one a bit to fit if needed). Place the fiber washer in first then put the original seal back in, this should work fine, the fiber washer is only there to add some pressure & that added pressure on the seal should make it more air tight. If that doesn't work, then look at the inner oring/grommet, adding a small oring under that in a similar way may help.

crispernator likes this.
  8. crispernator

No i didnt try it noe as the bell cap was working a treat but i can understand what your saying .I did replace the bottom o ring where the glass sits but that didnt seem to work but the bell cap has not leaked at all so now i wonder if it was the airholes or was the glass not seating properly pity really as i just bought 5 new coloured glass tanks for the damb thing the only problem with this bell tamk is it doesnt have a pirate on it agrrrrrrrrrrrr

Noe likes this.
  9. Noe

Really you should test the top metal part of the Toptank on the Subtank you have, keep the glass & everything else the same on the Subtank, then you will know which part of the Toptank was the cause, because like you said you have 5 new glass tanks coming, so it would be a shame if you couldn't use them. If changing the top pieces doesn't cause the leaking issue then you could assume it was the glass or the oring seal on the glass, if it does leak then it is something on the top section of the Toptank.

10. crispernator

3 days now and not a drop spilt

Jerry Hatrick and Gasman like this.
  11. Noe

LOL but you're using the bell cap.
    I would be trying to get the glass tank working, I don't like using plastic tanks.

crispernator likes this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Glad it's working for you o crispy one.

Jerry Hatrick and crispernator like this.
  13. crispernator

Hi guys i know that plastic tanks arn't the greatest for some juices because i think they crack but for the time this thing could be carved out of the stones of the pyramids and i would use it, i think that maybe the glass isn't big enough or the new seal i put in it isn't that good im just glad i dont have juice all over my mod and hands at the moment hahahaha.

Jerry Hatrick and Noe like this.
  14. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

15. crispernator

Two weeks no leaks ,bell caps on the way from fasteck four in all Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jerry Hatrick and Gasman like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I take it you're happy with them then Captain Jack Sparrow or is it Blackbeard.

You actually prompted me to order another two but I'm hanging out until the Chinese New Year sales to add them to the rest of my order.

17. crispernator

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr it be nether they call me old fart greybeard hahahaa yep pretty happy with it i never thought of the new years sales hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Gasman likes this.
  18. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Hope I haven't prompted you to spend more money.

Another thing I just noticed was the conversation in regards to tank cracking juice. I put a few tanks of FA Citrus Mix through one of them and it survived unscathed.

I don't know if this is a known tank cracker or not but given its description and taste I would assume so.
    It's a very nice and punchy citrus juice... but as I say I could be wrong.... I normally am!

19. crispernator

They arrived today very happy may even get some more yet.

Gasman likes this.
  20. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

If you're happy mate and they work for you go for it.

They ain't going to break the bank so what could go wrong?

Not that I want to tempt fate but I'm sure you get my gist.

crispernator likes this.