Wismec My JET pod vape

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Pippi, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thanks Tez & Noe - sharing the non review with Dan reduced my anxiety - Going forward I think I could do it again as a shared thing with the Dogman. ;)
    Ps, I knew Doggie would cover all those curly tech queries - Phew :emo:

Flea, Noe, iamTezr and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

@Angela did try it - sorry I forgot her comments -she might pitch in with a few words when the demon night shifts arent devouring her. ;)

DogMan likes this.
  3. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

I'm planning a devoted vika non review, if you wanna tag team. Just more visible than spread throughout general mtl thread.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Flea, Noe and Pippi like this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Lol, great - you go for it - I will comment ;)

DogMan likes this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

ps, it is a good idea and I think it is worthy of its own thread.

DogMan likes this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Nice find, he shows how easy it is to rebuild a coil on the Myjet but IMO he made it harder for himself than he needed to.
    Instead of inserting the wire into the base piece first, he should have just wrapped the coil on the rod, with the tails both facing the same way, leaving one tail a little longer than the other(this will make it easier to insert them), then insert them both through the base with the rod still inside the coil. Next slide the pins through, while holding the coil approx at the height it needs to be at but don't push them in tight, just snug so you could see if the coil is at the correct height & adjust it if needed, then push the first pin through tight & ensure correct coil placement, then the other. It would be WAY less fiddly this way.

Also, I strongly recommend NOT using a Bic or similar lighter with a normal flame to heat the coil like he did, that WILL put carbon deposits onto the coil, which you will end up inhaling.
    If you need to heat treat the coil, use a jetflame lighter & be very careful not to melt the plastic, use tweezers or pliers to hold the plastic base while you do this to make it easier. The reason I say jetflame lighter is, the flame will burn cleaner & deposit far less carbon onto the coil, it will aslo be much faster than a Bic lighter.
    I would do this near a sink or basin as well, with the cold water running a very slow stream (just above dripping speed), then as soon as you have heated the coil, dip it into the stream to quench it. This will cool the coil & the plastic base, while removing pretty much any carbon deposit the jet flame may have added to the coil, if you did this with a Bic lighter, the coil would not be hot enough to remove the carbon efficiently or effectively.
    Before wicking, shake the excess water off & dry with a paper towel carefully or give the coil a gentle blow dry with a hairdryer.

RC. likes this.
  7. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I agree with you Noe, it is the first video that I have found where you can get a good look at the breakdown of those Pods.

I also was thinking how easy it would be to do and improve upon the technique. Though I don't really think that I would actually buy one

for myself.

8. Maria

Maria Senior Member

You are good at posting pic's 10 out of 10.:)

Pippi, iamTezr and DogMan like this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

10. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Good review guys. I have seen them and was wondering what it was like. Now I know. I like this tag team style review

Pippi, iamTezr and DogMan like this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I meant to do a update but forgot - I have encountered a problem when refilling and have ruined both spare coils. I will update further but not so sure I would recommend this now.
    Hold off Nico - I am trying out another similar device next week and will report back.

iamTezr, Noe and DogMan like this.
  12. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

YAY another AWESOME @Pippi review in the pipeline!!! :cancan:

Please also post the problem encountered as a new post, for those of us up to speed with the rest of the thread :)

13. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Ha - not likely Sunshine, I will pop my thoughts up and give the pod its own thread but not in the reviews section.
    Only so many times a Gal can make a fool of herself and get away with it :winky: