1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Wismec Theorem

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by port3s, May 5, 2016.

1. port3s

port3s New Member

Note: This is my first "review" don't be too mean haha secondly, I've had the Theorem for a sort amount of time and this is more of a preliminary review. Once I start changing the coils over and rewicking it I'll be able to give you guys a better idea on it.

On the Theorem itself, one word. Airflow
    On the Notch coil. 0 ramp up time + FLAVOUR!

For about $35AUD from The Steamery in Beaconsfield. It's a steal!! Only a few things I don't like about it. One, the screw piece on the top that holds in the airflow ring is hard to tie down with little grip on it, you constantly move the airflow ring while sinching it down, until you get used to it. The juice is used super quick! Settings on my Cuboid are about 220degC @ 50w temp control. The delrin piece that blocks off one side of the airflow/redirects the airflow is held in with screws so if you're out and about you can't take it out, also it doesn't come with a screwdriver to take it out!! So buy one if you don't have one and you plan on taking it out. The O rings hold everything together really nice, a little too nice on the drip tip, though over time it does loosen up. The drip tip does heat up on the longer pulls (5-7 sec) though that can be fixed with a different drip tip, shorter pulls or settings adjustment. Flavour is great! If I had to pick between my Theorem or my Rafale i'd pick the Theorem for flavour and flow. If I want one tank that I can go out with and vape for longer than an hour without filling I'm taking the Rafale. Juice refil is a little hard if you don't have a unicorn tip/glass dropper, from Mt Baker it comes with a shorty tip on the 30mL bottles so it's a little finicky. I've run down about 20 tanks on the Theorem since I've bought it with 6mg 50/50 juice or higher PG extra flavour shot juice, mostly fruity no heavy tabacco or cream and it's held up great! Ramp up time is still fantastic and I wont need to change it anytime soon I don't think. Another plus for the Theorem they give you 3 glass tanks! (one being the metal "notch" design) So even though it's a mostly glass design you shouldn't have issues if you're a clumsy person hahaha. One last thing, with the top section where the airflow is, if you push it too far down into the glass tank you can actually block off some of your airflow without noticing! You have to be careful with that, if it does happen simply put your fingernail under the metal lip and pull it slightly out, not a big deal for me, but it could have been easily fixed in production with a little lip around the delrin section where it plugs into the fill hole instead of only an O ring.

The only thing I did to the Theorem before I juiced it was shorten the wick till it just, juuuustt, touches the base.

Hope that helped!! I'll be getting the Avocado 24 as soon as I can get my hands on it too. So if you're interested in that I'll post it up when I can.

Yeah It's a long "review" that I just typed but if you're planning on buying it, I think those are the main points that you'd like to know about. All in all it's a great combo! If you're interested in just the notch coil and you have a RTA/RTA pick up some and try them out, it'll cost you a couple of bucks at most. Oh wait.. We live in Australia don't forget about the $20USD postage!! HAHAHAHA :'(

2. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Thanks that was a good write up.

I have had one for a little bit too and quite like it and the Notch coils which are good for a change.

3. port3s

port3s New Member

Thanks man!

Yeah I've got the Rafale, I much prefer the Theorem, though I wish the tank lasted as long as the Rafale does lol

4. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Yep,the thing is really thirsty.

I am going through a small phase at present and really like the Serpent mini too.

The normal sized ones are getting used but a bit neglected.

5. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Thanks port3s, I've heard mixed reviews on this, so I'm after all the opinions I can get.

6. port3s

port3s New Member

Over all the flaws, I'd def buy this tank if I broke it... UNLESS!! I could get the avocado 24, Waiting on that too

7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I know this is your first "review", so I will try not to be mean.

A few things to consider:
    1. Where's the pictures?
    Pictures help tell the story.

2. I didn't & many others will not read all of your review because it is a WoT (wall of text), I read the parts outside the WoT.
    The use of the return key to create paragraphs & new lines for new sentences makes your posts more readable & easier to understand for the reader.

3. Try to be as thorough as possible & cover all the details.
    The more detailed you can be the better, when writing a review put yourself in the position of a complete newby, who knows nothing about the item you are reviewing. That way you will inform the reader much more about the device in question & for example even someone who has only used a cigalike will get an understanding of how the device works & why it is good or bad & whether they should try it for themselves or not.

8. port3s

port3s New Member

Thanks for the advice Noe! I'll keep that in mind for next time =]

Noe likes this.
  9. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

There is a little "edit" button on your posts at the bottom left, you could always go back & edit your OP to make it more readable &/or include some pics :)

10. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Cheers for the review.
    I just ordered 10 of the notch coils for both TC and Wattage vaping in my rda's to see how they work.

RC. likes this.
  11. Gem

Gem Member

Hi all,
    I have been using the theorem for a while now and thought that to give it a good testing I would take it on my recent trip to kalbarri. When not in use I had it in my shoulderbag in a upright position in a stubby bottle holder and had no problems with any leaking even while hiking some good rocky trails.
    I carried a small needle nose bottle with my adv and found it quite easy to fill on the go. It is a thirsty tank and I find that the notch coil gives a good flavour.
    I did take a spare tank with me but only used the theorem. This will definitely be my go to tank in future. I run mine at 35w on my IpvD2 and it definitely was chucking some good clouds from balcony of my hotel and walking tracks in the national park and down at natures window.
    I will definitely be getting some more notchcoils or the equivalent of as the flavour is brilliant, much better than the premade coils and the rda coil I use in my furytank. I am glad that I have another one coming soon from fasttech as they are going to be used quite alot and enjoyed.

Wishing all a wonderful weekend.

Noe, RC., sirfoxey and 2 others like this.
  12. Harlequin

Harlequin Senior Member

My experience with the Theorem so far: Great little Atty. Notch coils are not DNA200-friendly.

We all know that the notch coils have really low ramp up time but in my DNA200 mods they were able to set fire to fully wicked cotton at 20w.

Same coil, same cotton was fine in any of my other mods but the DNA200, although it read the resistance correctly, REALLY did not like these coils. The coil went red hot in less than a second and then FLAMES!

Put a Clapton in it and it's great.

Aqualung and rupert like this.
  13. RC.

RC. Senior Member

With SS coils of any kind it is commonly recommended by users to put the pre heat and punch etc down to minimum with escribe. I do 20 watts for pre heat temp which seems to work ok.

Mine works quite well as I just tested it again just now but I have been using tempered Ni mostly for the accuracy, on my DNA 200's.

I am really liking the Theorem with notch coils though (usually on Pico's or Cuboid) at present.

Ps. Just read that a new firmware update will be out soon that smoothes the SS out.

Last edited: May 15, 2016