1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB SQUWONK MOD

Discussion in 'For Sale - Vaping Related - No Nicotine' started by jake, Apr 14, 2016.

1. jake

jake New Member

new to vape want to get squonk box

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Angela and Pippi like this.
  2. steve.c

steve.c Senior Member

You sure you wouldnt be happier with an ipv d3 mini?

sirfoxey and Angela like this.
  3. jake

jake New Member

I have the norm size :p

4. jake

jake New Member

just chasing a new setup really something that dosent run out of juice and holds moore then 1 battery

5. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I cant find @pcan68 thread but could someone put the link here for his comments about beginners and squonking please. It was such good advise. Ta in advance.

Browny and Angela like this.
  6. Angela

Angela ...

Browny, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

price range? regulated or mech? you say two batteries, I only know of three mechs... tmod dually [parallel, metal, $400 usd starting price] vr wood mod [para or series, wood, $350 usd starting] and pdib [series, wood, 2 year waiting list]

no dual battery regulated i know of, but some lipos coming out soon

8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

9. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Here is what Famed Squonker creator Pcan posted recently. could be useful for you :)

" If I can add my two cents here.

These mods should be used by competent or advanced vapers in regards to that they understand ohms law, that they check each build on a ohm's meter or multi meter or another regulated mod to make sure they have built a safe coil with no hard shorts. Even fitting a premade coil should be checked first. Then the correct amperage batteries are used for the specific coil builds.

A simple ohms law calculator is here http://thelocust.net/ohm/

I specify that my squonkers can safely take a .5 ohm build, so at 4.2v that will pull around 8amps at 33watts. That is pushing a 10amp battery close to its limits but still safe, in any case I always use a sony VTC4/VTC5 30amp high drain battery.

At .2 ohm which my squonker also does handle but I do not encourage, all of a sudden you are pulling 22amps at 88 watts, trying this build with the wrong battery is dangerous.

All of this information can be found, read, and should be understood prior to jumping in the pool :) This is not just with my own mods but with any mechanical mod. What I like about mine is that they have 0 resistance in their layout, allowing for a great vape from a mechanical mod and a very natural look and feel, hopefully they are a bit artsy as well :) Please if you do not understand this do not purchase one of my mods or squonkers, when you understand this then you can use my mods safely which is all I would want. "

rupert, Browny and Nico and Laughter like this.
  10. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Oh. And an ugly wood box out of the UK. Can't remember the name. But around 200 pounds from memory. Voltage drop reportedly sucks. Ok if you want duals for battery life. But you'll fill your bottle after single battery anyway. So battery life is a spastic reason to buy a dial squonker

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Stomp likes this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Be gentle Doggie, he is new to vaping, remember I thought I wanted a squonker till I realized all it involved :)

Browny, Angela and DogMan like this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Have you considered the Steamcrave?

About $135 from Vapoureyes.

[​IMG]

Browny and Nico and Laughter like this.
  13. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

You could do the Reuleaux mod that I've seen featured around the place if you are fairly handy with DIY/Modding?
    Looks pretty sweet actually, probably the route I'll go down if I enjoy the squonkbox I'm receiving...

DogMan likes this.
  14. jake

jake New Member

been at work sorry wasn't ignoring you all

Nico and Laughter and DogMan like this.
  15. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

I have a Kangartec Red drip box brand new, I bought two one red and one white, the red I bought for my wife but she does not want to use it and has gone back to her Pressa 40W TC
    If you are interested I can let you have it for what I paid for it plus postage. $45 for the mod and whichever post method you like.[​IMG]

Regards
    Old Grumpy
    Location Hobart Tas.
    Payment method preferred direct bank deposit or COD mail can be arranged but more expensive.