Youtube! Unintimidating reviewers for beginners

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Jennifer, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Youtube is a fantastic resource for new vapers, but so many of the Youtube reviewer channels out there can be intimidating or annoying for us older people, or women. Lot's of guys into to blowing big clouds and building their own coils, etc.

So here is a few channels that are easier to watch for people who just want an idea of how to get started, or how to deal with basic vaping.

My favourite is Liz who makes videos for people over 60. She's hilarious! https://www.youtube.com/user/vapingpoint/videos?sort=da&view=0&flow=grid

There is also this young woman, Abby Vapes. https://www.youtube.com/user/abbyvapes/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=da

And Martyn Parker, and nice Englishman. https://www.youtube.com/user/vapingreviews/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0

RubyRoo for the US, I think. https://www.youtube.com/user/RubyRooVapes/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da

A few to get started with. But please feel free to add your own favourites. :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

It's Rubyroo btw :)

Jennifer likes this.
  3. Admin

Admin Senior Member

The Vaper and Jennifer like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Not the best video, but this one taught me how to inhale on a vape, at least with the ohm plus and restricted airflow hardware

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

That's exactly how I vape DogMan. Right from the start that's how I inhale. Best flavour experience that way.

DogMan likes this.
  6. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Pbusardo channel. They are always long informative and usually very in depth reviews. Great if youre ready to upgrade and want some quality information about a product.

7. Steve Thomas

A good laugh is riptripper channel. I just cant stop laughing at this guy.

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Riptripper is hilarious, but his videos are the type that might scare the bejeesus out of a smoker who is just looking for info on how to get started with switching to vaping. If you were an older smoker and not really used to the online world and you saw his videos you might think vaping wasn't meant for people like you.

Browny, Maggie, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  9. Steve Thomas

True... but i just cant stop laughing. He is one messed up unit!:rofl:

Browny likes this.
  10. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Anyone seen the Vapingbogan channel? Hilarious.

emu likes this.
  11. emu

emu Senior Member

Just watched he's istick 20 watt vid, what a cack....

rupert likes this.
  12. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Unintimidating?

Pufnstuf, Jennifer, Noe and 2 others like this.
  13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Maybe Hilarious to some people but I just find his style very crass. Sure it is mostly all an act but a constant stream of vulgarity, mixed with a few words of actual information, is not what I think many will enjoy.
    It's also a very poor advertisement for Australians in general, when you consider his videos go out worldwide.

Browny, Dalork, Maggie and 3 others like this.
  14. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I hate to be a grumpy old woman but I completely agree with you. It literally hurts me to hear so much foul language, after a couple of minutes I can't stand it and have to turn it off.

Probably fine for young people who grew up with American TV and video games and think talking like that is normal, but for me it's just nauseating. I'm descended from the convicts on the first fleet, it's not even possible to be more Australian than me, and I don't think this guy is a typical Aussie....just a typical kid.

Browny, Dalork, DogMan and 3 others like this.
  15. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Varos Vapor is an older gent, he's probaby 1 step up from "beginner" more into kayfuns and the likes. But he is a calm, and calming, level headed, no bullshit reviewer/tutorial guy

Browny, emu, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  16. Head in the Clouds

Head in the Clouds Senior Member

Becaus I'm new I need to explain this a little bit. Sometimes I'm mean. I don't mean to be mean and usually feel terrible afterwards. So in a half mean way I found THE worst reviewers I've ever seen today when looking up mt baker juice reviews on YouTube. Sorted the search results by date coz yknow some of them were like 2 yrs old etc? And found someone reviewing wearing their dressing gown. In their messy kitchen. And it's a couple. And they have their own channel. And they call themselves reviewers. One of them is called Chad. And one is called Emilie. I'm not sure who's who. If you're interested in seeing how not to do video reviews you may like to use my little hints above to do some digging of your own... In a non mean non judgmental way right?!! Which is why I didn't put the actual video up. Even thought it fits nicely into the unimtimidating reviewers category ;)

Browny, Judith and Jennifer like this.
  17. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Lol HITC! Good tip, I'll look out for them. :sillygrin:

18. newvaper

newvaper Member

My fav is RIP trippers, this guy is something☺

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

19. Rei

Rei New Member

I think TiaVapes is a great YouTuber for beginners, since she focuses on tanks and entry-level mods.

But once I got the information I needed regarding tanks and got my mods sorted, I dove in to the fun world of dripping and grew quite fond of GrimmGreen and Ruby Roo. As a newbie I'd consider them "unintimidating".
    :)

RE: The Vaping Bogan, I have to admit as a young person (can I still say that at 26? haha) I find him quite funny, though I do agree he's a poor representation of Australians.

20. Maggie

Maggie Senior Member

When I got my Silo tank last week, I thought there must be a bit missing ... couldn't get the coil to fit in the base so screwed it into the center pole ( bit) , ... thought that it wasn't right :mad:so went looking for a vid and found Ruby Roo :bowdown: she's so easy to understand, and I eventually 'got it'... now vaping like a champ again

Browny, Judith, DaveJ and 1 other person like this.