Youtube! Unintimidating reviewers for beginners

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Jennifer, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

This guy is calm & rational, explains things well, at least in this one video of his I have watched:

For newbies, the Triton with 1.8 ohm coils is a good option I think, fast forward to 18 minutes into the video to see the performance of the Triton with a 1.8 ohm coil.

2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Has anybody ever watched a review from "Pauly Meatballs" over on UK vapers. Strange name but there you go!
    You don't actually see his face or here his voice as he compiles a slideshow with classical music in the background. They are only relatively short reviews but are to the point. Black and white to Rip Trippers in his delivery but at least Rip Trippers is informative but that vaping brogan bloke I just cannot watch.
    Two more I like are Vapestation and Vapour channel.

I think as the vast majority of the new stuff hitting the shelves is higher powered devices,rbas and sub ohm tanks it's getting harder to watch a new review on starter gear.
    From memory this has been touched on before as everybody has to start somewhere and in my opinion the more adults that vape ( and importantly off the smokes) the more chance vaping has to be accepted by the majority.

There's a lot of information on the net but it was certainly confusing to me ( not hard) to start off with which highlights the importance of forums like this AND VAPESHOPS.

Browny, margyb and Jennifer like this.
  3. taffyjock

taffyjock Member

Mr Bonner igetcha69 is pretty beginner friendly, also has vids going back to early cigalikes through high-end mods & ego kits

Fan of paulymeatballs too, he does go into a lot more detail on UKVapers in his text reviews & is there most days.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Dyanne, Browny, Firekombi and 4 others like this.
  4. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Pauly meatballs is great, he does a wonderful job!
    Agree, that Bogan fella needs to grow up!

emu, Gasman, taffyjock and 1 other person like this.
  5. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

I have found riptripper to be a awesome reviewer and also fantastic for learning how to build my RDA and RTAs. I have watched many other youtube clips from others but they have all been boring as hell to watch, informative, but boring as hell. riptripper is just a crazy arse nutter. His draw has had me watch most of his archive of youtube clips. I agree he may scare many n00bs away with his over the top style, but for me he didn't

emu likes this.
  6. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

his early videos were good. Brief, to the point. No bullshit, just how to build a micro coil etc. He lost it along the way

Nico and Laughter likes this.
  7. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I think the idea of the thread is that a lot of older smokers find some of the you tube reviewers a bit full on and hard to relate to so we were looking for reviewers that would suit that demographic, I learnt how to build from Riptrippers but he only ever seems to show cloud chasing gear which just shits me. So last year really felt like one long cry of not another subtank.

Judith, emu and DogMan like this.
  8. Dyanne

Dyanne New Member

I love this set up! :) I have watched this guy a few times too.

Jennifer likes this.
  9. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

It's a shame that Martyn Parker has signed off and will no longer provide reviews.

10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I read that over on UK vapers but then I also read he's always retiring and then coming out of retirement.
    I agree with you and hope he doesn't stop as I enjoy his reviews.

11. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I read that he was making another come back, again!

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Senior Member

I watch the following:

Grimm Green
    Ruby Roo
    Suck My Mod
    The Vapor Chronicles
    The Vapor Trail
    Rip Trippers (He's insane but technically very good)
    PBusardo
    Twisted Messes
    The Art of Vaping (Squidoode)
    The Vaping Biker
    Todd's Reviews